The smoking dream

Physical healing of the body and mind
Sal GOLD.ffn

18 Sep 2006, 05:30 #231

As Joel says above:
In regards to smoking, no matter what you do in your dreams, you will be OK as long as you remember in your waking state to Never Take Another Puff!

Rickened

19 Sep 2006, 01:07 #232

2 nights in a row!
Yet again, I get hit with the smoking dream, just like the previous night, it involved several cigs before realizing my quit status. Thanks for the reminder Sal. Just like the frequency and intensity of cravings during the first week, I am less effected by this dream each time it happens. It's getting easier. In fact, I can handle this dream. Being a smoker was the real nightmare. Be it every night or twice a night, I don't care, because my real world lungs are enjoying fresh air! NTAP!

Rick - Free and Healing for One Month, Seventeen Days, 7 Hours and 1 Minute.
(That's 48 Days!)

Joannetta

19 Sep 2006, 12:34 #233

Freedom is just the best place ever!

Last night I had a very vivid dream that started from the point that I had already smoked. What an absolutely horrible and frightening feeling. The sense of loss of my quit was unfathomable and the thought of no longer being a part of whyquit.com was emotionally devastating. What an absolutely glorious relief to find out it was only a dream.

Tonight I felt the urge to visit Freedom - I haven't been here in quite some time (even my two year milestone came and went) and lo and behold! One of the first items on the board is a message from Joel about smoking dreams.

I'm off again to continue my blessed and grateful nicotine-free life. I am never complacent and hold on to my quit with all of my life - because it is life itself!
The one thing I just can't do enough is thank Freedom for helping me to reclaim mine!

Cheers in eternal quithood to you all, Joanne

adding to my life for *2 years, 2 months, 1 week, 6 days, 1 hour and 33 minutes. 16101 cigarettes not smoked, saving $7,084.57. Life saved: 7 weeks, 6 days, 21 hours, 45 minutes.
Last edited by Joannetta on 18 Mar 2009, 12:33, edited 1 time in total.

Rickened

20 Sep 2006, 03:34 #234

Finally a smoke-mare free night of sleep. I believe that spending time in this thread helped out. Its funny how just as I declared that I could handle them, they go away for a night.

Rick - Free and Healing for One Month, Eighteen Days, 9 Hours and 33 Minutes.
I have saved $200.47 by not smoking 889 cigarettes.
Last edited by Rickened on 18 Mar 2009, 12:40, edited 1 time in total.

Sal GOLD.ffn

10 Oct 2006, 03:50 #235

Smoking dreams still occur for me every now and then and I am always greatly relieved to wake up and realize that I am still an ex-smoker.
The fact that I am over 3 and a half years away from my last puff does not make a dream any more or less meaningful - it is just a dream (YAY!Image). I am still free.

ImageSal

TJKee

01 Nov 2006, 06:19 #236

Had my first smoking dream last night ... and what stuck out most to me was the sensation of terror that I had when I looked down and saw the pack of cigarettes in my hand ... I remember feeling angry and flabbergasted at myself! I actually threw the pack at the wall ...

When I woke up this morning ... the sweet smell of fresh air, and the --knowing-- that it was just a bad dream was soooooo wonderful. I am so glad to not be a smoker anymore.

Been kicking my addiction's butt since 9/7/06 ... that means 55 days!
And it gets sweeter and sweeter every day ...

kleevr

18 Nov 2006, 10:57 #237

My father who actually quit cold turkey over 20 years ago still has smoking dreams on rare occasions. My mother tells me that when he has these he actually physcially breaths like he's smoking too. But as consulation, my father also has swimming dreams (virtually every night) where he "breath's and blows" as if he were in a pool doing the freestyle stroke. Taking a big gulping breath, and slowing hissing it out. :)

8d 0h 56m

Joel

05 Dec 2006, 20:31 #238

Video and audio versions of this topic
Video Title Dial Up High Speed MP3 Audio Length Created
Dreams of smoking 2.38mb 7.10mb 2.92mb 06:28 11/10/06

Last edited by Joel on 18 Mar 2009, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.

VICKIGOLD2006

05 Dec 2006, 21:41 #239

It never ceases to amaze me that everything I need to stay quit is within this site!! I had my first "smoking dream" last night, after 4 months! When I woke up, I thought I needed to go online and read the thread about holiday triggers, because I had just started my Christmas cards last night and that must have been what prompted the dream.

To my amazement, the first thread on the boards today was this thread. I watched the video too. Thank you Joel. It was a nightmare and I know I do NOT want to go back to smoking. Actually, when I think about the dream, I don't remember seeing myself smoking the cigarette, but I do remember the temptation, and then seeing not one but two butts...no wait, now there were three and then half cigarettes...then more. Okay, okay I get it....there is NO SUCH THING AS JUST ONE!! The whole dream experience just knocked my socks off...guess it's the insanity of smoking and I am so grateful that I do not want to smoke and am blessed to have this resource. The videos are great Joel.

Again, the tools are all here and it still amazes me that when I come to WhyQuit and Freedom, I get exactly what I need to stay quit!

ImageVICKI - Free and Healing for Four Months, Two Days, 15 Hours and 27 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 8 Days and 15 Hours, by avoiding the use of 2493 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $563.78.

Brandon

18 Dec 2006, 11:25 #240

I had a bunch of these dreams in the first couple of weeks, then they went away, but I just had another one last night. The dreams are all different except the smoking. Every time it happens exactly the same way. I start smoking, without even realizing it. About halfway through I freak out and realize what I am doing. I feel devastated, and I feel that it is so horribly cruel and unfair because I didn't consciously relapse I accidentally relapsed…then I wake up and the fog clears and I am really happy to be smoke free, but they always shake me up. I really hate them, but it's better than actually smoking.

Brandon - Free and Healing for Two Months, Six Days, 6 Hours and 55 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 7 Days, by avoiding the use of 2019 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $384.61.