The Fan Letter

Physical healing of the body and mind
Joel

26 Sep 2003, 17:15 #21

Keeping your focus as to why you quit and why you want to stay off should always be given a little time and a lot of priority over other issues that may be happening in your life. If you are in the early stages of your quit, devote as much time as you can to learn and understand as much as you can of the importance of quitting and staying off of nicotine. Longer-term ex-smokers probably don't need to spend an inordinate amount of time or effort, they just need to remind themselves of how far they have come and equally important, how far back they never want to go by quitting when they did. For them to stay free now simply entails remembering that they made the decision and have now committed to themselves that they will never take another puff! Joel

Joel

03 Oct 2003, 20:13 #22

Image The baseball playoffs are affecting my attendance in the clinic this week. This letter is particularly appropriate in addressing this issue. Working at reinforcing your quit should always be a top priority considering it is really an a life-saving effort. Very few other issues in your day to day life which may be important actually carry the life threatening consequences of the magnitude that losing your quit does. Don't let other issues get in the way of sustaining your focus and your commitment to never take another puff! Joel

John (Gold)

27 Dec 2003, 02:18 #23

I recently received word that a participant who relapsed on the first night of my second clinic has died of lung cancer. Although Joel reassured me that her cancer was in all likelihood well-rooted long before the clinic, it doesn't make word of her passing any easier. Please take recovering "you" seriously! Please!
Just one day at a time, yes you can!

DlunyGOLD

27 Dec 2003, 02:46 #24

John I am so sorry to hear of this person's losing the fight with nicotine and paying the ultimate price! Listen to Joel on this one--it is not your fault!

Thank you for the (not so subtle) reminder that we are all engaged in a life and death struggle with nicotine and that if we let nicotine win we lose big time!

No nicotine today, never take another puff!

yqb, David One month, two weeks, five days, 4 hours, 48 minutes and 54 seconds. 885 cigarettes not smoked, saving $66.42. Life saved: 3 days, 1 hour, 45 minutes.

Jery9282

28 Dec 2003, 00:29 #25

John, I am sorry to learn of the death of your student. I have been quit for
one month and 10 days and some days are harder of course. I tend to think
that I would not be the one to get sick if I smoke. I do not want to smoke
and do not plan to ever take another puff.
But, I still must take my quit one day at a time and remember why I don't
smoke. Have a great day.
jery
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, December 26, 2003 12:19 PM
To: Freedom From Tobacco - Quit Smoking Now
Subject: Re: The Fan Letter

-----------------------------------------------------------

New Message on Freedom From Tobacco - Quit Smoking Now

Message 27 in Discussion

I recently received word that a participant who relapsed on the
first night of my second clinic has died of lung cancer. Although Joel
reassured me that her cancer was in all likelihood well-rooted long before
the clinic, it doesn't make word of her passing any easier. Please take
recovering "you" seriously! Please! Just one day at a time, yes you
can!

To stop getting this e-mail, or change how often it arrives, go to your
E-mail Settings.
http://groups.msn.com/FreedomFromTobacc ... tings.msnw

Need help? If you've forgotten your password, please go to Passport Member
Services.
http://groups.msn.com/_passportredir.msnw?ppmprop=help

For other questions or feedback, go to our Contact Us page.
http://groups.msn.com/contact

If you do not want to receive future e-mail from this MSN group, or if you
received this message by mistake, please click the "Remove" link below. On
the pre-addressed e-mail message that opens, simply click "Send". Your
e-mail address will be deleted from this group's mailing list.
mailto:FreedomFromTobaccoQuitSmokingNow-remove@groups.msn.com

Joel

29 Mar 2004, 20:36 #26

Keeping your focus as to why you quit and why you want to stay off should always be given a little time and a lot of priority over other issues that may be happening in your life. If you are in the early stages of your quit, devote as much time as you can to learn and understand as much as you can of the importance of quitting and staying off of nicotine. Longer-term ex-smokers probably don't need to spend an inordinate amount of time or effort, they just need to remind themselves of how far they have come and equally important, how far back they never want to go by quitting when they did. For them to stay free now simply entails remembering that they made the decision and have now committed to themselves that they will never take another puff! Joel

kwhtlw

01 Sep 2004, 04:40 #27

ImageThis brings to mind the question, "Do you have your priorities in order?" Thanks to frequent reading here I can say "I do!"

Kevin, NicFree & Luv'n It for 75 days. I quit chewing tobacco on 6/17/04, and have save $376.34 while expecting to be on earth 2 Days, 14 hours and 40 minutes longer.

Crystal View1.ffn

24 Sep 2005, 10:53 #28

Katie - After 40 Years! Free and Healing for Eleven Months, Six Days, 13 Hours and 53 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 20 Days and 3 Hours, by avoiding the use of 5807 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $1,177.82.

JoeJFree Gold

24 Oct 2006, 11:29 #29

Last edited by JoeJFree Gold on 21 Jun 2013, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.

MichQuit122GOLDin08

30 Jan 2007, 17:09 #30

My priorities are in order now!!! Image

I have been quit for 1 Week, 20 hours, 24 minutes and 6 seconds (7 days). I have saved $30.21 by not smoking 157 cigarettes. I have saved 13 hours and 5 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 1/22/2007 6:45 AM