The easy way to quit smoking

The easy way to quit smoking

Joel

23 Feb 2003, 20:24 #1

(The link The Easy Way to Quit Smoking below only works on machines with Java script. I made it many years ago when most computers used it. I don't believe it works now on many systems. If it works it is cute for getting the message across.)

Things are sometimes a little slow during our weekends here. For anyone who checks in and seems a little bored and doesn't know what to do with his or her time, I thought I'd put up the link to the page The Easy Way to Quit Smoking again. This page can keep you occupied for hours. Although, if you really have hours to kill, you would be better off reading through the board or through the materials at www.whyquit.com

Better yet, if you are feeling secure with the concept that you will make it through the day now, go out and live today. Do things that you thought might be hard without a cigarette. Do things that you thought would be impossible without a cigarette. The more things you do in your real world that you at first considered impossible without smoking the sooner you realize that there is nothing that is impossible for you to do just because you quit smoking.

Everything you did before as a smoker, you can do now as an ex-smoker--with the exception of as a smoker you can take a puff whenever you want. As a smoker you can even take a puff when you don't want too. As a matter of fact these puffs may have actually been a high percentage of the puffs you took as a smoker.

As an ex-smoker, not only can you do everything you did before, but many things you will do better. Some things you couldn't do before because of physical limitations induced from smoking you may be able to do now because you have the strength and endurance because of body repairs that have happened since you quit.

By staying smokefree you will always be able to do more things and have more time to do them than if you had continued smoking. To keep all of your physical abilities and general health lasting longer over your lifetime always remember to never take another puff!

Joel
Last edited by Joel on 17 Jun 2013, 11:28, edited 2 times in total.

Joel

14 May 2003, 23:18 #2

Another example of humor being used to get the serious message out on how to quit smoking. Make sure to click the link The Easy Way to Quit Smoking.
Last edited by Joel on 30 Mar 2009, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.

Joel

07 Sep 2003, 23:15 #3

Being that it is slow here this particular weekend, and the last post I was addressing was from a member asking about a quit smoking aid that clearly fits into the realm of the idea of a person looking for an "easy way out", I thought this would be a fun string for some of our newer members.

Joel

03 Aug 2005, 20:17 #4

Being in our summer slump I thought I would take a shot and see if I could attach the HTML code from the string The Easy Way to Quit Smoking right into this string. It did not work so I deleted the post above. If any one is looking to kill time they can still click on this link. We don't really have a problem with people killing time in their lives--are only purpose is to help people who want to stop killing themselves because they are sustaining a deadly addiction. The way we do this is to try to help all who read here to realize that quitting smoking is possible and staying smoke free is doable for all people who make and stick to a personal commitment to never take another puff.
Joel
Last edited by Joel on 30 Mar 2009, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.