The best thing about my new life is ... ?

April 17th, 2007, 11:14 am #176

Alex,
Ditto!!!!!
Deb

April 17th, 2007, 8:30 pm #177

There are millions of better things in my NEW life; to much to mention them all.

There is one which I like most:

I am really free to do what I want to do, to go where I want to go, to think what I want to think and to put in my mouth what I want to put there.

The cigarette is no longer the commander of my life; I am really free.

Frits (4 months +)

April 17th, 2007, 11:30 pm #178

...that I don't have to think about how I am going to fit smoking into into any new activity I choose to pursue. I just go do it!

April 20th, 2007, 4:44 am #179

Freedom - freedom from the constraints of nicotine.

No running thru the house trying to find my smokes while kids waiting in car.

No stopping at store to get smokes when I am running late.

No trying to find the smoking area at an amusement park and making my family wait while I get my fix.

No standing in 20 degree weather to get my fix.

Look I could go on forever but I think you get the point.

This has simply been liberating.

Dave - Free and Healing for 11+months

June 10th, 2007, 8:49 pm #180

I have become comfortable without nicotine. Its no longer a struggle or hassle trying to find a way to smoke (in a closet). No longer a hassle in trying to figure out how to occupy my time, or find something to do with my hands. No longer a hassle being around other smokers, I'm leading by example, not only to friends but my children as well. My education has liberated me from a lifetime of constantly feeding an addiction I was ashamed of and desperately wanted to throw out with last weeks garbage.

Comfort happens to all of us, as long as were patient and allow the time for it to take hold. If Freedom delivered a life time full of withdrawal and agony, none of us would be here.

Now is a good time to quit. Dont give up when the times get tough, they are temporary.....you can do this.

5.5 months!

July 27th, 2007, 9:05 am #181

best thing about my new life?

IT'S TRULY A NEW LIFE!

Plus my complexion, my attitude, lack of coughing, freedom, willingness to look at gaining freedom in some other areas of this new life!

kris @ 97 days

January 3rd, 2008, 12:29 am #182

Thinking back over the last year I have many, many things I find are better in my new non-smoking life.

1. I can breath better
2. I smell better and smell things better
3. I feel better
4. I can feel my fingers and toes again. I was so worried I had done major damage to my body. Maybe I have, but I know I care enough about myself to stop hurting myself.
5. I am so proud of myself. Quitting smoking boosted my self-confidence more than any single thing I have ever done.

Thanks to the people here, I will never take another puff!!!!

January 16th, 2008, 6:59 am #183

Message #7 in this string:

I am afraid I put a number of posts up today and dropped this one down the list. It is an important one that I hope grows throughout the days. It is so easy for major improvements to happen to ex-smokers that, because they came on gradually, don't get recognized or acknowledged by the individual.
This is a shame because these improvements could have become a major component to keeping the quit over the long haul. I am not asking anyone to make up improvements. Just state the ones that are true for you. By doing so, you remind yourself and also, others reading it may recognize for the first time that they had that improvement too, just never noticed it before.

One other point I want to make about some comments already in this string. Those of you who wrote you have more energy; did you used to believe you smoked for energy? Those who feel they are now more productive, did you used to think you smoked to be productive? Those of you who are calmer, did you used to smoke to calm yourself down? Those of you who wake up each day feeling more alert and alive, did you used to have to smoke to get yourself awake and out of bed? See a trend here?

Most of the things that people thought smoking was doing for them, it was in reality doing to them. It is only when you compare notes to your past life, pre and post quit that you see the hypocrisy of smoking in its entirety.

Lets keep this string growing and constantly reaffirm the benefits of not smoking. This will help everybody in their resolve to never take another puff!

Joel

March 24th, 2008, 11:17 am #184

A while after I first quit I happened to notice a smell in my home. It was some fresh flowers that I had cut and arranged just that morning. I had always enjoyed fresh flowers but had really never been able to appreciate the fragrance without burying my nose in the flowers. So I discovered that I could actually stop and smell the roses........from across the room.

Just one more step and benefit in being free from nicotine. My sense of smell was returning and with it an added appreciation of the spring flowers I had always grown and admired but due to my nicotine addiction had been unable to appreciate their full fragrance.

Seven years, two months, six days, and counting and loving every minute of it.

Antonia

March 24th, 2008, 9:18 pm #185

The Best Thing I Like About My New Life Is:
I (me, myself & I) control my life now.
I make the decisions, for better or worse or inbetween,
I decide, no longer does my addiction to nicotine make my choices!!!!.
I no longer feel helpless, after 40+ years, I choose, not to use!!!!

August 11th, 2008, 6:08 am #186

In just under three weeks, I look like I've had a facelift, people would pay thousands of pounds and all they really needed was to NTAP, my skin is better, my eyes are brighter ,my teeth are whiter, my voice is clearer. I wake up alert and feeling as if I've had a refreshing sleep for the first time in years. If you could make a medication that did all this so quickly you would make a million, but it's just as simple as NTAP, the benefits of stopping become part of the motivation to stay away from nicotine, what a wretched substance how did I ever think it ever improved anything.
twenty days, looking forward to my greening next monday
This is the best decision I've made, to NTAP

August 11th, 2008, 6:36 am #187

the best thing I like about my new life
is

MY NEW
LIFE
LIFE

LIFE not .......

aryeh
79 days

October 9th, 2008, 10:51 am #188

The best thing about my new life.......................Waking up each day and realizing today is even better than yesterday.
You can if you think you can
Roger
Somewhere around 6 years and 10 months (I had to pause to calculate that one)
Last edited by Roger (Gold) on March 6th, 2009, 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

October 9th, 2008, 11:59 am #189

The best thing I like about my new life is .... finding out how well my body can heal and how much richer my life is in terms of interacting with others. I visit my family members more often and they visit me more often. I am also more outgoing with other individuals. I can now spend more time with people and do not have to rush off to get my next fix. I like the fact that I feel more relaxed then I ever did after re-adminstering nicotine after the fitst throwes of withdrawal.
AH......LIFE AS IT WAS MEANT TO BE.
LIVE FREE NTAP
Theresa - Free and Healing for Three Months, Twenty Three Days, 3 Hours and 27 Minutes.

March 8th, 2009, 9:16 am #190

I'm not afraid any more. I don't hate myself anymore. I go days, weeks and months without thinking about smoking. Basically, I'm free....

Tina

After 16 years of smoking, I have been quit for 2 Years, 9 Months, 2 Weeks, 11 hours, 47 minutes and 4 seconds (1,018 days). I have saved £5,194.30 by not smoking 20,369 cigarettes. I have saved 2 Months, 1 Week, 2 Days, 17 hours and 25 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 24/05/2006 21:30

July 16th, 2009, 1:52 pm #191

it's only my 9th day of quitting and I already see my skin, my lips, my gum is changing for the better. They got lighter, pinkier. That morning cough, clearing throat is also gone. I didn't even realize that until my wife told me it is a lot quieter around here since I quit. Thanks whyquit.

It has been 1 weeks, 2 days, 8 hours, 50 minutes and 30 seconds since I quit. I have saved $ 60.89 by choosing not to smoke 187 cigarettes. More importantly, I saved 1 days 10 hours 21 minutes of my life!