Link: Copy link
|From: murphying (silver)||Sent: 8/11/2002 5:48 AM|
| We enjoyed the company of friends this weekend - people I haven't seen in over a year. After a number of comments about how well I looked, I took a step back and really thought about what is different in my life now as compared to last year. |
1. I definitely do look better - clearer skin and brighter eyes
2. I have a ton more energy
3. I can laugh, sing, dance, play...even run - without hacking like I was trying to cough up a lung
4. After an initial gain of weight, I now weigh around 20 lbs less than at the beginning of the year
5. My senses (all 5 of them) have improved beyond measure
6. I am more calm within myself and yet much more active physically
I feel so good about myself - and this is one thing I enjoy beyond measure - the self esteem that comes from knowing I've accomplished what I thought was well nigh impossible after 35+ years of smoking! If only I'd had the courage to quit years ago, like some of our newer members! And just in case any of them pop in to read this thread - do I still think about smoking? Only in the most negative way - I'm much too comfortable with my 'new self' - and believe me when I say I never thought I would ever say that!!
7 Months 1 Week 3 Days
Cigarettes not smoked 11109
Self esteem 100%
| TDQ -- thedreadedquitter Da numbas: |
1 Week 1 Hour 56 Minutes 36 Seconds.
177 cigs not smoked, saving $34.52.
Did you know that Neversmokers have bad days too! It's true, but they don't take their bad day on an endless lifetime nicotine/dopamine roller-coaster ride and neither do I anymore! It may sound strange but it's much easier having an occasional bad day than it is turning that day into a reason to try and smoke yourself to death! I like this life! The next few minutes are doable!
Breathe deep, hug hard, live long! John