WavyDavy7
WavyDavy7

December 15th, 2008, 12:33 am #826

I was reminded of the world I left when Freedom became my guide. That world was and is a world that still promotes NRT; it still a world that for some perverse reason still emphasizes the pain and difficulty of quitting. At Freedom I have the possibility of seeing abstinence from nicotine as a natural and desirable state of affairs. I still have the the thought to smoke a cigarrete, but frankly it doesn't grab me that hard. It just ocurred to me I don't even know what they're charging for those things these days and I also noticed I somehow mis-spelled cigarette.

Theresa10458.ffn
Theresa10458.ffn

December 15th, 2008, 7:59 am #827

Have not thought of it at all. Life does go on after the quit. The thoughts will dissipate more and more as you remain committed to NTAP.
A BIG DOUGHNUT
Theresa - SILVER TOMORROW

WSPSTARLADY.ffn
WSPSTARLADY.ffn

December 15th, 2008, 8:21 am #828

So, Joel is telling me that I am "abnormal." Yes, I may be a newbie in his opinion (just under 6 weeks.) However, I stopped smoking for 5 years (8 months, 9 months, 1.5 years, etc.) are you telling me that I was the only X-smoker who thought about smoking? Yes. I agree that the frequency of thoughts do diminish. However, they are still there - I DO still think about smoking alot even if I don't do it... Please someone tell me that I am not the only one.

Theresa10458.ffn
Theresa10458.ffn

December 15th, 2008, 8:37 am #829

This message has been deleted by the author.

Theresa10458.ffn
Theresa10458.ffn

December 15th, 2008, 8:40 am #830

You are not alone STAR. Yes I to have thought about it. It has become less frequent though.
It is a thought that only passes like a ghost through a wall The desire is not one of a reality it only a remembrance.

Theresa

JoeJFree Gold
JoeJFree Gold

December 15th, 2008, 10:09 am #831

The question posed by Joel at the beginning of this Parade of posts is " also write down how many time or how many seconds or minutes in a typical day you really find yourself wanting a cigarette."

Thinking is not wanting. WANTING vs. THINKING

The question posed here is not how often you think about the past activity of inhaling tobacco smoke. How often do you really want to? Really, why would anyone Want to if you don't Have to? You can ahve them all back any time you choose.
Don't think you're living without someting of value or worth. Nicotine has no intrinsic value and adds nothing of value to living life. Celebrate living Free Of Nicotine. That is Truly Living.

Joej Free by choice and glad to say I stay free from nicotien by choosing to stay free of nicotine. Not a sacrifice or hardship in any way - simply enjoy living clean.

Recovered Me Three Years, Eleven Months, Four Days, 10 Hours and 51 Minutes ago. Now reclaimed 258 Days and 23 Hours of my life's time, by choosing to not use of 37296 death delivery devices and accumulated $9,500.01 in the 'freedom dividend' account.

wannadanc
wannadanc

December 15th, 2008, 10:40 am #832

Thank you for the clarification on think/want, not that it was
confusing me. At 4.5 YEARS clean and smober, I can say NEVER to
want, and think -- only when I see one or smell one - and only some
of the times do I even notice. With every day away from that last
puff, the times between wants and/or thinks gets longer and longer.
It really does. I didn't think it possible for the 40 plus years
that I DID smoke........how grateful I am now for the 4.5 years I
have not done that.
--

Theresa10458.ffn
Theresa10458.ffn

December 16th, 2008, 5:21 am #833

NONE = 0
1 = ALL

Theresa - Free and Healing for Five Months, Twenty Nine Days, 19 Hours and 38 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 19 Days and 1 Hour, by avoiding the use of 5485 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $1,934.09.

jinx
jinx

December 16th, 2008, 6:32 am #834

Ya Namby-pambies...

Newbies ( and I'm still one), after 1 month and 21 days, there's not a day that goes by that I do not WANT nicotine....however, I choose not to put that in my body any more

MrsRed8
MrsRed8

December 16th, 2008, 9:20 am #835

After being smoke free for 3 months 2 weeks I can honestly say that I want a cigarette 0 sec a day How many seconds a day do I think about a cigarette maybe 5 seconds a day.
I tried many times to quit over the last 40 years & I can honestly say that I am a non smoker now. I have never felt so free of cigarettes as I have over the last 3 months.
Now I can tell a smoker by just walking past someone. It turns my stomach to think that I smelled that bad.