"Take it ONE DAY AT A TIME"

Joel

21 May 2004, 17:42 #21

It is important to understand the concept of such phrases as "One day at a time." These should not be thought of as just empty words or a catch phrase; the concept behind the phrase is key to keeping not smoking a less intimidating and more importantly--a likely outcome.
So whenever you use the phrases of "One day at a time" or "never take another puff," reevaluate the statement and see if your reasons are still valid. If you remember smoking in its entirety you will likely recognize that staying smoke free and healthy and alive is still your true desire and to keep your desire a reality you still choose to never take another puff!

Joel

John (Gold)

27 Sep 2004, 20:32 #22

Yes we can!
Last edited by John (Gold) on 11 Jul 2009, 03:18, edited 1 time in total.

GrumpyOMrsS (Gold)

27 Oct 2004, 11:05 #23

It is important to understand the concept of such phrases as "One day at a time." These should not be thought of as just empty words or a catch phrase; the concept behind the phrase is key to keeping not smoking a less intimidating and more importantly--a likely outcome.
So whenever you use the phrases of "One day at a time" or "never take another puff," reevaluate the statement and see if your reasons are still valid. If you remember smoking in its entirety you will likely recognize that staying smoke free and healthy and alive is still your true desire and to keep your desire a reality you still choose to never take another puff!

Joel

coryw42

08 Feb 2005, 04:10 #24

One day at a time, it's working for me Image
Last edited by coryw42 on 11 Jul 2009, 03:18, edited 1 time in total.

JoeJFree Gold

01 May 2005, 20:37 #25

Every day the ex-smoker should wake up thinking that he is not going to smoke that day. And every night before he goes to sleep he should congratulate himself for sticking to his goal. Because pride is important in staying free from cigarettes. Not only is it important, but it is well deserved. For anyone who has quit smoking has broken free from a very powerful addiction. For the first time in years, he has gained control over his life, rather than being controlled by his cigarette. For this, he should be proud.

So tonight, when you go to sleep, pat yourself on the back and say, "Another day without smoking, I feel great." And tomorrow when you wake up, say, "I am going to choose to not smoke for another day. Tomorrow I will deal with tomorrow." To successfully stay free from smoking, TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME and - NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF!

Joanne Gold

02 Jul 2005, 09:13 #26

Last edited by Joanne Gold on 11 Jul 2009, 03:20, edited 1 time in total.

Joel

20 Sep 2005, 20:10 #27

Joel

John (Gold)

11 Nov 2005, 04:16 #28

Forget about forever, the biggest psychological bite imaginable.
It's like sitting down to the dinner table thinking we need
to eat an entire cow instead of one nice juicy steak!
A new beginning, just one hour, challenge and day at a time!
Last edited by John (Gold) on 11 Jul 2009, 03:23, edited 1 time in total.

Sal GOLD.ffn

22 Feb 2006, 22:20 #29

Every day the ex-smoker should wake up thinking that he is not going to smoke that day. And every night before he goes to sleep he should congratulate himself for sticking to his goal. Because pride is important in staying free from cigarettes. Not only is it important, but it is well deserved. For anyone who has quit smoking has broken free from a very powerful addiction. For the first time in years, he has gained control over his life, rather than being controlled by his cigarette. For this, he should be proud.

So tonight, when you go to sleep, pat yourself on the back and say, "Another day without smoking, I feel great." And tomorrow when you wake up, say, "I am going to try for another day. Tomorrow I will deal with tomorrow." To successfully stay free from smoking, TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME and - NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF!

Joel

John (Gold)

10 May 2006, 01:14 #30

Baby steps!
Last edited by John (Gold) on 11 Jul 2009, 03:25, edited 1 time in total.