Starting your first smokefree weekend

Physical healing of the body and mind
Joel

25 Nov 2003, 02:00 #11

I saw a couple of people into their second week were discussing how the weekends "still" seemed awkward. Keep in mind, people off for less than two weeks have only encountered one or two weekends. Many people find that weekdays are quite similar to each other with not many variations occurring in their routines on Monday thru Friday. This means by their second week without smoking they have the experiences of almost 10 weekdays under their belt.

At the same time they have only one or two weekends under their belts. Often Saturday and Sundays have unique flavors of their own, even being different than each other. Different people around, different responsibilities and activities, and often, a little more leisure time. These days are awkward and it will take a few weekends before you break the typical triggers that these days may present. If you happen to live in America, this next week and weekend may even be more awkward than usual, being a national holiday with an upcoming four day weekend. See the post

Be prepared for holiday triggers
Last edited by Joel on 20 Nov 2009, 18:50, edited 1 time in total.

John (Gold)

13 Feb 2004, 04:24 #12

Last edited by John (Gold) on 20 Nov 2009, 18:54, edited 1 time in total.

jvk6119

15 May 2004, 21:48 #13

This has really helped me so far. Last night was tough but I made it through.
Today is a new day. One hour at a time and one day at a time. I WILL NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF!!.

No nicotine for me today.

Joel - Free and Healing for Five Days, 16 Hours and 36 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 11 Hours, by avoiding the use of 142 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $20.57.

Charlee GOLD

23 May 2004, 02:49 #14

Thanks, Joel! I had seen this somewhere a few days ago but couldn't find it today (newbie/senior moment thing- lol). It sure is great to know you guys are here for those of us still struggling Image

I have been quit for 5 Days, 2 hours, 49 minutes and 10 seconds (5 days). I have saved $16.63 by not smoking 102 cigarettes. I have saved 8 hours and 30 minutes of my life.

paulansontr

13 Jun 2004, 17:18 #15

Sunday morning here and halfway through my first w/e. I love weekends but on Saturday morning I was frightened of this one - it was the same problem of associating smoking with pleasure. It is my biggest problem at the moment - the physical craves seemed to have diminished - how I love watching my progress on the craves per day chart on http://whyquit.com/whyquit/A_AttitudeTo ... tress.html but I still feel there is something missing for about 10% of the time. I am hoping that this time will diminish and I take so much comfort from reading Joels articles on the crave triggers and am starting for the first time to believe that I can face and defeat them.

Paul - Free and Healing for Five Days, 23 Hours and 2 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 12 Hours, by avoiding the use of 149 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me £31.30.

Joel

11 Sep 2004, 20:57 #16

Image I see we have a number of new members this week so I suspect we have a fair number of people who are just getting into their first smoke free weekend.

richard This is It GOLD

09 Oct 2004, 07:30 #17

A lot of first time posts today.....
Welcome all... and congratulations......
(some weekend reading for you Image)
Imagerichard (going into his 135th smokefree weekend armed with all of Freedom's education.... confident I'll still be an ex-smoker when the weekend's over)
Be Alert and Committed.... every day is doable....
Last edited by richard This is It GOLD on 20 Nov 2009, 19:33, edited 1 time in total.

Icasmile1

03 Nov 2004, 07:37 #18

This will kinda be my first weekend that I have been smoke free. Last weekend, I worked the whole weekend, and simply didn't have the time to think about smoking or cravings!! However, this weekend I do not work, and I am actually scared, so I know that if during the weekend, I pop up needing some help, you guys will be there.
That definately is a comforting thought.

Maybe I should work every weekend!!!

Thanks

elgcrow88

05 Mar 2005, 20:59 #19

Thanks Joel,
This is my first Saturday morning smoke free and there is a normal routine I have today and I was looking for something to read that would help me throught this morning . I am 4 days 23hrs and 50 mins quit and I am motivated and proud. Just to also share something with everyone that I did last night. About 1 hour after supper I started to crave I decided to go for a jog. I have been jogging since I smoke but not like I did last night. I noticed a big difference and I kept running. I ran for 4 miles. I never was able to run 1 without stopping to catch a breath. I fell realy good about that and already feel like a winner. Thanks for supportting guys. NTAP

Joel

03 Sep 2005, 05:54 #20

For many this is a start of their first "three day weekend."