Smoking IS an Option

forza d animo

27 Jan 2006, 09:47 #32

Image Smoking is always an option, just not one I choose to take. I am free by choice not because I had no other option.

Joseph

Joel

21 Aug 2006, 00:54 #33

For Rob's wife. Things to consider when driving by a gas station of store that sells cigarettes:

Ex-smokers do always have the option to take a cigarette.
But there are only two legitimate reasons for taking a cigarette or a puff now.

1) You want to go back to full-fledged smoking until it cripples and kills you.

or

2) You enjoy withdrawal so much you never want it to end.
If this is the case just take one puff every third day,
withdrawal will last forever.

If neither of these options sound appealing to you the only option you have to avoid either of these states is to
never take another puff!

Joel

John (Gold)

23 Dec 2006, 13:44 #34

Please don't think badly of us!

We know that we fully understand the intent behind a number of well meaning and commonly used recovery mantras. But as smokers we were lied to by so many for so long (including ourselves and our own rationalizations) that we now start with just one rather simple question - is it true?

From pseudo placebo clinical trials to store cigarette flavor ads suggesting lungs have grown taste buds, we're not here to villify or make anyone feel badly but we must continue to seek truth. One of the neatest things about this group is its rich history of re-examining its own beliefs and never being afraid to make public amends when wrong.

Breathe deep, hug hard, live long Freedom!

John (Gold x7)

Crystal View1.ffn

25 Dec 2006, 12:04 #35

Image Awesome Video. Thanks Joel! "I needed that". AHHHHHH the gift of not having to go through quiting again. Image

Katie - After 40 Years! Free and Healing for Two Years, Two Months, Seven Days, 14 Hours and 3 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 47 Days and 3 Hours, by avoiding the use of 13576 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $2,806.28.

Joel

01 Mar 2007, 04:39 #36

From above:
We like things being written here at Freedom to have real meaning. We don't want people reading things here that really are not true. If you have ever traveled around the Internet support sites for smoking cessation you would be amazed at how many people write that smoking is no longer an option only to be smoking a few days later. It becomes quite apparent that smoking was always an option for these people as it is for all of our members too.

So we just want to make it clear that smoking is indeed an option for any ex-smoker, just not one that a person would normally choose if truly considering the implications that would go along with it.

Joel

Related video:

After I uploaded the video I saw that there were some problems. The highspeed version works fine. The dial-up version is bigger than it should be and the video falls apart shortly after its introduction. The audio works through it though. The audio version somehow still has the video attached. I have tried numerous times to correct the dial up and audio versions but cannot seem to correct the technical problems causing the issues.

My suggestion would probably be to use the high-speed version if possible, and if not, use the audio version only. I'll try to get this corrected at some point in time.
Title Dial up High speed Audio Length Date added
What is your quit smoking mantra? 8.60mb 14.04mb 3.55mb 12:47 11/17/06

Joel

21 Apr 2007, 20:43 #37

Another video that ties into this string:
Video Title
Who wants to go back to smoking?
Dial Up:
2.61mb
High Speed
25.9mb
Auido
1.05mb
Length
07:05
09/28/06

jakki8368

04 Oct 2007, 22:48 #38

hi guys,

i have joels 'two reasons for taking another puff ' written on a piece of card that i carry around with me in my purse. since quitting smoking i have read it once or twice but just the knowing that it's with me reinforcing to me the reasons why i will not take another puff seems to be good enough. we all have choices/options to make in life and we just have to hope that we are making the right ones and if not then we have to change that. smoking is something that you start when you are not old enough to know any better, the full implications of smoking don't mean anything to you when you're in your earlly teens.

i showed it to my doctor when i went for a check up last week - he wanted to know the web site so he could refer it to other patients who wanted to quit smoking!!!!

i have also told all my friends about the site too and hopefully when they are ready to quit they will read and educate themselves to a successful quit.

i have made my choice/chosen my option - NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF!!!

take care

jakki Image

I have been quit for 3 Weeks, 3 Days, 16 hours, 28 minutes and 37 seconds (24 days). I have saved £185.14 by not smoking 740 cigarettes. I have saved 2 Days, 13 hours and 40 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 09/09/2007 23:15

forza d animo

09 Nov 2007, 10:00 #39

Smoking IS an option and it is a conscious choice, especially after what you have learned here.
Living nicotine free is also an option and a conscious choice.
If you choose none, then do everything within your power to be successful.
Drop the idea that smoking a cigarette will relieve the anxiety of the early stages of recovery.
It will do no such thing. The relief you seek will only come
if you never take another puff.

ZZRSteve GOLD

13 Jan 2008, 02:53 #40

ImageImage Yay! I finally found this thread! Steve 3Y,8M