Smoking IS an Option

Joel

02 Sep 2003, 22:19 #21

We like things being written here at Freedom to have real meaning. We don't want people reading things here that really are not true. If you have ever traveled around the Internet support sites for smoking cessation you would be amazed at how many people write that smoking is no longer an option only to be smoking a few days later. It becomes quite apparent that smoking was always an option for these people as it is for all of our members too. Se we just want to make it clear that smoking is indeed an option for any ex-smoker, just not one that a person would normally choose if truly considering the implications that would go along with it.

John (Gold)

12 Sep 2003, 21:02 #22

If you want to burn arsnenic and inhale the fumes, you can.
If you want to burn ammnia and inhale the fumes, you can.
If you want to inhale the fumes of hydrogen cyanide, you can.
If you want watch 4,000 chemicals destroy your body, you can.
If you want to live and die a chemical slave you can.
If you want to be afraid of recovering the real you, you can.
If you want to relapse to nicotine it will only take one puff
If you want to be you, you can
Only one rule ....
No nicotine today, Never Take Another Puff!

John (Gold)

22 Nov 2003, 11:57 #23

Relapse
One is too many and a thousand isn't enough!
Last edited by John (Gold) on 06 Jul 2009, 01:55, edited 1 time in total.

John (Gold)

31 Jan 2004, 00:01 #24

Why let obedience to nicotine's two-hour chemical half-life decide when your brain will next sense arrival of an unearned reward, a mood change or stimulation instead of allowing your reactions to life determine when specific neurochemicals next flow? What sense does a mandatory adrenaline rush make when trying to relax or before climbing into bed? What would it be like to go your entire day without once wanting for nicotine? There's only two choices, relapse or recovery and the choice is yours.
Last edited by John (Gold) on 06 Jul 2009, 01:59, edited 1 time in total.

John (Gold)

01 Mar 2004, 05:07 #25

It's time for the lies to end. It's time for honesty.
Smoking nicotine is always an option!
Last edited by John (Gold) on 06 Jul 2009, 01:56, edited 1 time in total.

Owlie65

03 Mar 2004, 07:53 #26

ty joel, i am really struggling today and not sure why. first spring day maybe i dont know :( this really helped :)

MK - Free and Healing for Sixteen Days, 17 Hours and 51 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 2 Days and 7 Hours, by avoiding the use of 670 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $88.80.

John (Gold)

24 Mar 2004, 08:02 #27

Honesty dictates that nicotine relapse is always an option but not one normally chosen by those motivated and educated regarding their dependency. Why would I want a chemical's two-hour half-life inside my body in charge of when, now and where my life was spent? Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!

Roger (Gold)

02 Apr 2004, 12:54 #28

There are many options as we travel our journey through life. There is only one choice from an educated quitter.

John (Gold)

03 Jun 2004, 18:51 #29

Noni's Surviving Son & Husband
Try telling them smoking wasn't an option.
Please forgive them if they don't believe you!

John (Gold)

02 Dec 2004, 00:34 #30

Why let obedience to nicotine's two-hour chemical half-life determine when our brain will next sense arrival of an unearned and stolen reward (dopamine), a mood change (serotonin), or when our central nervous system will next be stimulated (adrenaline)? Smoking isn't an option you say? Oh absolutely, just one powerful puff or chew of nicotine and we'll awaken, revive and hand control back to our now arrested dependency. But we agree with your underlying intent, why would we want to again surrender control of our ability to feel and sense the neurochemical flavor of life? Why would we not want to go the distance and taste the quiet mind and amazing sense of calm up ahead?
What sense does it make to experience a nicotine induced mandatory central nervous system adrenaline rush when life's moment called for deep relaxation or before climbing into bed? Was that the real you? What sense does it make to reward ourselves with an "aaaahhhhh" sensation upon hearing that someone we love just died? What sense does it make to interrupt life's finest moments and memories so that we can go find a place to replenish our falling blood-serum nicotine level? Is that who we really were?
This can be one of the most eye-opening adventures in self-discovery we'll ever make if we'll only allow ourselves to see, feel and sense the beauty unfolding before us ... the gradually emerging beauty that is you! Victory over the next few minutes is all that matters and each minute is doable. Millions of words here at Freedom and www.WhyQuit.com but only one rule ... no nicotine today, Never Take Another Puff, Chew or Dip! John (Gold x5)
Last edited by John (Gold) on 06 Jul 2009, 02:04, edited 1 time in total.