Smoking Hangover Ghost

Subconscious use cue extinguishment

Smoking Hangover Ghost

Gwen923
Gwen923

September 7th, 2008, 9:45 am #1

I thought I'd ask around because this keeps happening to me and it's wierd and sort of disturbing. I wake up every once in a while (maybe once a week) with a kind of smoking "hangover". It feels like I smoked a million cigarettes the night before. My chest feels heavy and my lungs feel tight and it almost feels like it used to feel when I DID have a "morning after" from smoking a thousand cigarettes the night before usually in some drunken revelry with friends. Now I am not coughing up disgusting lung goobers anymore or reeking of old cigarette smoke but for some reason I get these wierd feelings in the AM like I DID have a smoking fest the night before. This feels so strange I don't know what to think about it. Any thoughts? Anyone else go through this?

Gwen
43 days smoke free

eurekabell
eurekabell

August 24th, 2009, 6:34 am #3

I know this is an old post, but I have this exact same thing a couple of times a week. I almost feel like I'd been out drinking & smoking the night before, and when I wake up, the first thing on my mind is "OMG what did I get into last night?" & the funny thing is, I quit drinking, I quit smoking, and I don't go out LOL. It is such an odd feeling!
Calling it a "smoking hangover" is the perfect way to describe the feeling.
~~E-Bell~~