Smoking Dreams

yoshi
yoshi

April 7th, 2009, 7:02 am #1

I have been quit for 2 months and 23 days and a couple of nights ago I had my fourth "smoking" dream since I quit. Every time I have this dream I feel very guilty and my heart pounds in anticipation as I head off to the store, purchase a pack of cigs then smoke them. The cigarettes always taste disgusting but in my dream I keep smoking until I wake up. I often wake up sweating and horrified that I would go back to such a horrible way of life. Until I feel a rush of relief when I realize I am in my bed still an ex-smoker with no desire to light up at all. In fact it makes my nauseated these days to walk next to people smoking. These dreams always frighten me though. I am wondering if anyone else has them and if you think they are your inner junky trying to come out or your inner consciousness trying to let go? In one way I am grateful for these dreams though as they reiterate each time how completely awful going to back smoking would be.

NTAP!

Yancy
Yancy

April 12th, 2009, 1:51 am #2

I'm just getting off cigarettes (12 days) and I like the idea of talking to others about the experience but having to learn how a forum works is an added wrinkle. Please bear with me.

As to your concern re: dreams, I haven't had them yet but I think dereams are our mind's way of making sense of the world around us. The good news is they aren't real. Try not to take them literally. I think they are more a sign of healing than losing ground. Keep the faith.

Yancy - Free and Healing for Twelve Days, 4 Hours and 59 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 18 Hours, by avoiding the use of 220 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $42.32.