screams, laughter, fears and tears

The emotions that flow from nicotine cessation
GrumpyOMrsS (Gold)

03 Jan 2002, 04:19 #31

Image rough time of the year now for most of us. The holidays over, winter setting in and lots of different emotions surfacing. remember...this only lasts a short time. KEEP SMILING!!

GrumpyOMrsS (Gold)

11 Mar 2002, 18:57 #32

Image for Milly
if you get a chance, treat yourself to a little something special today....anything that will make you smile...a CD, a book, a few fresh flowers, a plant, a new bottle of nail color....anything.

this feeling will pass, but in the meantime, there is no rule that says you can't treat yourself with something of beauty. Even a short walk can do wonders, especially in the spring which is full of the renewal of life. Listen to the birds, look for the new perrenials to poke their heads through the ground, listen to children laugh and remember that you too are healing as well and soon you will be feeling so much better.

The greatest gift you can give yourself is time...time to heal and time to adjust and time to realize that a whole new life is unfolding before your eyes....yours!
yqs, Linda
2 years plus

Roger (Gold)

12 Mar 2002, 00:03 #33

Image EXCELLENT STRING TO BRING UP LINDA.

ROGER

Carolyn

03 May 2002, 07:04 #34

Wow...I really needed to read this today! There have been no specific triggers, just that "empty" feeling that my junkie thinks can be filled only with that killer drug, nicotine. I feel reassured knowing that I am still in the process of healing.

Thanks, Linda

Carolyn
Choosing to be nicotine free for two weeks, five days, 8 hours, 17 minutes and 19 seconds. 386 cigarettes not smoked, saving $58.04. Life saved: 1 day, 8 hours, 10 minutes.

misha (Gold )

09 Jun 2002, 13:15 #35

I really needed to read this today. I found myself not only craving cigarettes, but overeating to compensate as well. Couldn't really figure out why I was doing this, but have been digging deep, journaling, and getting honest in order to stop this behavior. It was getting pretty depressing. How soon I forgot that this was junkie thinking? Gosh!

Kit Cat (Gold)

09 Jun 2002, 15:27 #36

Woooh! What a day. Grumpy or what! I was to have the weekend to myself, hubby was heading to our cottage for the weekend. Lo and behold the weather forecast was pouring rain all weekend. He ended up coming back early this morning. So, needless to say I was Ms. Grouchy,Touchie, Out of My Face mood today. Did a lot of reading at FREEDOM. My quit had been relatively easy until this past week and I even went GREEN. Image Go figure. My patience level is very short right now. Image Been doing a lot of deep breathing. I keep telling myself this will pass. Oh, I even yelled out a good scream today. Image Never did that before! There was no one home luckily! One day at a time........Image Phew....NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF.
I needed a good ramble.
Catherine

I have chosen not to smoke for 1 Month 3 Days 1 Hour 35 Minutes 2 Seconds. NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF!
Last edited by Kit Cat (Gold) on 13 Jan 2010, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.

Alyson GOLD.ffn

09 Jul 2002, 01:08 #37

Thank you, her grumpiness, this is just what I needed today!!

While I am certainly less and less uncomfortable, I am not really more comfortable yet - you know?!

I continue ONE DAY AT A TIME - and have never faltered on my course to NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF - but do find myself growing impatient sometimes!!!! It is so reassuring to read about the experiences of others who have struggled through this "empty feeling" that has haunted me for the last few days.

Thankfully YQS,
Alyson
13D16H5M

Alyson GOLD.ffn

09 Jul 2002, 01:40 #38

And thank you Lorraine for bringing this to the top!

Alyson

TDQ gold

24 Aug 2002, 03:34 #39

Thanks for this thread...really needed to read this today. I've been on the rollercoaster since I got up this morning...

Took a look at the "savings jar" I started since I quit. I think there's enough in there for a little giftie-something this weekend...

Image TDQ -- thedreadedquitter

Da numbas:
1 Week 2 Days 16 Hours 52 Minutes 9 Seconds.
242 cigs not smoked, saving $60.64.

GrumpyOMrsS (Gold)

15 Oct 2002, 04:35 #40

Image for MoodyEsther from GrumpyOMrsS.

hang in there sweetheart and never make apologies for going through withdrawal. you will feel lots better, soon. I promise.

Linda
two years, nine months free