For Kughes

Joel
Joel

December 30th, 2001, 12:08 pm #33

For Wagon

Joel
Joel

January 11th, 2002, 9:03 am #34

It sounds like a few people will relate to this one today.

Joel
Joel

January 24th, 2002, 7:44 pm #35

For Eve,

I forgot to put this with my list of suggested readings.

Joel

Joel
Joel

February 8th, 2002, 9:02 am #36

Joel
Joel

February 8th, 2002, 9:03 am #37

For people who were experiencing a "bad day" yesterday. Life goes on without smoking and life will have its good days and bad days. Quitting smoking helps insure you will overall have more days, and because of better health you will be able to more fully enjoy the good days and even be better equipped mentally and physically to handle the bad days too.

Bad situations (death, illness, relationship problems, work troubles or job losses, bad economic times, etc.) will still occur and make for down times. But time helps all of us assimilate even the most tragic of circumstances and we bounce back to carry on with our lives. Even after the death of those closest to us, over time we can get back to happy and fulfilling lives.

Time does not improve smoking though. Smoking gets worse and worse over time, and your health deteriorates more and more over time. The kind of damage smoking can induce does not always lend itself to just bad days or bad moments in a day--it can lead to pain and discomfort that continues till death ends the chronic suffering.

Again, while it may sound cliché and flippant, any day you overcome every obstacle smoke free was a good day in that one respect. That one respect helped to extend your health and save your life. Take satisfaction in your accomplishment for that day. To feel the same satisfaction everyday, remember what a good job you did staying smoke free yesterday and vow today to recommit to never take another puff!

Joel

Joel
Joel

February 17th, 2002, 5:31 am #38

For Tessie

Joel
Joel

March 11th, 2002, 9:33 pm #39

For James

Joanne Gold
Joanne Gold

March 19th, 2002, 1:15 pm #40

Felicia GOLD
Felicia GOLD

March 20th, 2002, 8:44 pm #41

I needed this one today! I feel like I'm on a rollarcoaster, one really really great day, then a few "bad" days, one really really great day, a few "bad" days. Ugh! Yesterday, I turned green and just assumed that I would feel like taking on the world...NOT. Yes, I was very proud on the inside but still struggling through a day of "nothing going right" and no energy. But, as you said here...it WAS a good day because I didn't take a puff...not one. There are positives to everything, just have to look for them. Thanks!

felicia
I have chosen not to smoke for 1 Month 1 Day 7 Hours 44 Minutes 50 Seconds.
I've reclaimed 4 Days 1 Hr 44 Mins 33 Secs of my life.

Joel
Joel

March 24th, 2002, 10:23 am #42

For Bob

Joel
Joel

April 6th, 2002, 4:40 am #43

Joel
Joel

April 19th, 2002, 5:04 am #44

Joel
Joel

May 11th, 2002, 7:56 pm #45

For Naymor:

Sorry, I was away from my computer all day yesterday and when I got back I didn't see your post. Thought this would help put things in perspective.

misledfairy
misledfairy

May 11th, 2002, 8:15 pm #46

"balance the message, by how you feel at the end of the day,that you are still smoke free" ( last paragraph) With my hand on my heart I can honestly say that I am sooo relieved, that is the closest I have been to relapsing and I would not have been able to look at myself today if I had relapsed, and the thought of all that effort away up in smoke (literally) Thank goodness I came here first, I keep saying this but the people here are second to none....they carried me through my worst time.

Love naymor xxxx
5 weeks 3 days 15 hours 12 mins

Joel
Joel

May 24th, 2002, 5:38 am #47

I saw some people were reporting bad days today. Thought this one may come in helpful.

Joel
Joel

June 26th, 2002, 7:16 pm #48

For Kat

OBob Gold
OBob Gold

July 12th, 2002, 5:28 am #49

DubiouslyDos
DubiouslyDos

July 13th, 2002, 12:37 am #50

It's good to know that difficulties are part of life....of course we all do know that....somehow we get confused in our addiction and think that smoking solves that???? Or it makes us immune???? Call me k-ra-zy....but isn't it more like, our problems may still be there...our priorities...as junkies...are somewhere else????

Dubiously Dos
Green with Bronze Ambitions....hee hee

OBob Gold
OBob Gold

July 13th, 2002, 12:54 am #51

"our problems may still be there...our priorities...as junkies...are somewhere else"

Well put Dub!

Joel
Joel

July 22nd, 2002, 10:57 pm #52

Joel
Joel

July 28th, 2002, 7:20 pm #53

For David:

While the title here refers to "Bad Days," it really is talking about some days do have bad moments. As more time passes, these moments become much rarer, eventually days, weeks, and then even months can pass without any thoughts for cigarettes at all. But again, every now and them thoughts and moments will be triggered. These thoughts too will pass into oblivion and your quit will stay secure and strong as long as you always remember to never take another puff!

Joel

David Gold
David Gold

July 28th, 2002, 7:39 pm #54

Thanks Joel,
Every time I get a crave I tell myself that this is just another smoking memory that is being replaced with a non smoking one and I've only got a few million more to go. My point is that I am prepared to fight this for the rest of my life. I know that as time goes on I won't have to fight as much as I did when I first quit.

Thanks,
David
Free for 1 month and 1 day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joanne Gold
Joanne Gold

August 28th, 2002, 2:17 pm #55