Replacing the Word "Cigarette" with "Nicotine"

Retraining the conscious mind
JoeJFree Gold

18 Dec 2006, 22:47 #31

Change your base of thinking to reflect the truth and view your addiction in an honest light.

Replace the word 'smoking' with 'service my addiction'
and the word 'cigarette' with 'nicotine'.

You will be surprised what a difference it makes to view things as they really are.

JoeJFree - 707 days by NTAP!

Joel

27 Jun 2007, 05:47 #33

Last edited by Joel on 26 Mar 2009, 13:43, edited 1 time in total.

forza d animo

05 Dec 2007, 05:34 #34

For Cindy,
If you are reading you will find this. I hope it helps.
Recovery is a process of learning to live without nicotine. At some point you must let go of the idea that there is any relief from what you are feeling in a cigarette. It is a process of healing and learning to deal with life without first having to pause for a dopamine explosion in your brain.

Have faith that we are telling the truth that it gets easier. We are sometimes guilty of creating a fit of anxiety by fixating on a cigarette because we are convinced that it will make it better. It is from what we learn about our addiction that we realize that relief can only truly come when we never take another puff.

VICKIGOLD2006

30 Mar 2008, 21:57 #35

This simple excercise of changing two words, dramatically changed my view of nicotine addiction....try it, what have you got to lose?Image

ImageVicki, free from nicotine for 1 year, 7 months and 27 days, because I NTAP!!
Last edited by VICKIGOLD2006 on 24 Nov 2010, 22:25, edited 1 time in total.

VictoriaLynn357

01 Apr 2008, 02:01 #36

Image Having survived multiple addictions, I can say from first-hand experience that nicotine addiction is not only no different than other addictions, it is worse. At least for me, that was the case. I am certain that the only reason I did not barter necessary food or utility money is because of how readily available the drug and its delivery system was to me.
Sorry I have not checked in for a while but I no longer have a computer at home and I just finished moving from one home to another. Although certain aspects of this process were extraordinarily stressful, I did not have to smoke over it. I have not had a cigarette for six weeks and two days and if I never take another puff, I won't have to live out thatr awful addiciton again.
Thanks for a great point!

Victoria Lynn, Enjoyingh another smoke free week after six weeks and two days!

JoeJFree Gold

08 Jun 2008, 05:24 #37

Change your base of thinking to reflect the truth and view your addiction in an honest light.

Replace the word 'smoking' with 'service my addiction'
and the word 'cigarette' with 'nicotine'.

You will be surprised what a difference it makes to view things as they really are.

JoeJFree - 3 years 4 months 28 days because I consciously replace the word cigarette with nicotine - Always. It ain't the smoke, it's what's inside that we need to recover from. NTAP!

JoeJFree Gold

28 Jun 2008, 04:36 #38

Once you make the connection & change the paradigm - that our life revolved around keeping ourselves supplied with enough nicotine to stave off withdrawal anxiety for at least 20 minutes more - that tobacco cigarettes were only the carrier of our poison of choice........then we can clearly see that the solution to gaining and retaining our Freedom of Mind is achieved by using simple chemistry. No nicotine - no problem.

As John says in another post - Quitting is not a problem, it is a solution to a problem.Image

Joe J free for nearly 3 and a half years cause I learned how to overcome addictive chemical reactions in my brain - by
Never taking another puff Image
Last edited by JoeJFree Gold on 24 Nov 2010, 22:24, edited 2 times in total.

freedom20082

11 Oct 2008, 00:10 #39

NOW WHEN I LOOK BACK MY LIFE..I AM SURE YOU PEOPLE ARE TELLING THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH.. BY THE WAY NICOTIN IS A PESTISIDE...AND YOU BEING A MAN ADMINTERING IT..WHAT A SHAME..SHAME ON US THAT WE WERE SMOKERS..
UJJWAL SAHA

Psychropod

14 May 2009, 16:24 #40

I am also in recovery for other chemical addictions (15 years clean from everything else, and 2 months off nicotine). What still doesn't cease to baffle me is how I was able to mentally separate nicotine from other drugs all those years -- but once it "clicked" in my mind that it was the nicotine and not the cigarette that was the problem, I was suddenly able to stop immediately and completely! I can't thank J2 (John and Joel) enough for showing me the light and helping me to see that I should never take another puff!
-------------------
Raphael - Free and Healing for Two Months, Three Days, 15 Hours and 47 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 4 Days and 11 Hours, by avoiding the use of 1293 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $388.98.