Quitting With A Positive Attitude

JoeJFree Gold

26 Nov 2006, 00:06 #31

From Roger's original post above:
I don't need nicotine too keep on living. I don't need to smoke to feel alive.
What I am feeling is my body and mind healing from years of substance abuse.
This is a temporary feeling and will pass.
I can and will live without nicotine.
I do not need this drug to survive nor do I want to administer this drug to my system anymore.
I am happy I quit despite how I feel at the present.
The benefits from quitting far outweigh the symptoms during my temporary adjustment period.
This will get much better as promised by the ones who traveled this journey before me. I have faith in that.

JoeJFree Gold

08 Dec 2006, 04:47 #32

There comes a time in every nicotine dependency recovery experience where we have to decide it is time to quit quitting and start looking ahead to living as a person finally free of their dependency.

If you are struggling with physical or psychological withdrawal or having difficulties putting your quit and new life into the proper perspective, the art of practicing positive affirmations daily can help you to turn that around. As your attitude develops, you find comfort and develop more confidence in yourself, allowing you to believe, you will have the ability to remain quit and never take another puff.
"Change How You Think And You Can Change Your Life"

JoeJFree Gold

22 Dec 2006, 20:18 #33

In closing Roger wrote:

Here is another a very good point to consider for those of you already working on a quit. If you are struggling with physical or psychological withdrawal or having difficulties putting your quit and new life into the proper perspective, the art of practicing positive affirmations daily can help you to turn that around. As your attitude develops, you find comfort and develop more confidence in yourself, allowing you to believe, you will have the ability to remain quit and never take another puff.

JoeJFree Gold

01 Jan 2007, 07:45 #34

ImageTo Commemorate Roger's Fifth Gold.
Thanks Roger!
Last edited by JoeJFree Gold on 07 Mar 2009, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.

JoeJFree Gold

04 Feb 2007, 13:01 #35

From: Roger (Gold) (Original Message) Sent: 1/12/2003 1:54 AM
"There Is Nothing Either Good Or Bad, Hard Or Easy,
It's How We Choose To Think That Makes It So"
~William Shakespeare~
When you read the above quote, think about the first thought that came to your mind. Was it one that made a contradictive statement or one that opened up your mind for potential provocative thinking and acceptance of this universal law?
Throughout history it has been universally understood how we picture things that we like or dislike or how we perceive ourselves handling them, is most likely how they will turn out. Why do you suppose that is? Most experts would suggest we have already predetermined that within our subconscious mind by our fears and trepidations. By entering a preconceived thought in our subconscious, we unknowingly set the tone or program our subconscious as to how a particular task is handled by us. There are many things we cannot change the end result of. We can however control our actions and reactions, leading to a more pleasant or difficult result based on our attitude and perception as to how we handle the task.

JoeJFree Gold

17 Aug 2007, 19:42 #36

There comes a time in every nicotine dependency recovery experience where we have to decide it is time to quit quitting and start looking ahead to living as a person finally free of their dependency.

If you are struggling with physical or psychological withdrawal or having difficulties putting your quit and new life into the proper perspective, the art of practicing positive affirmations daily can help you to turn that around. As your attitude develops, you find comfort and develop more confidence in yourself, allowing you to believe, you will have the ability to remain quit and never take another puff.

RobinS614

02 Sep 2007, 13:52 #37

You're not giving up nicotine, you're getting rid of it.......
Don't say good bye to nicotine but say good riddance to it instead ......
Think of nicotine cessation as an impossibly high mountain to climb......and it may well become one.
Use the incredible power of the human brain to give positive shape and form to your psychological reconditioning.
Think of it as a homecoming and a liberation and it will be just that.
Last edited by RobinS614 on 07 Mar 2009, 17:47, edited 1 time in total.

JoeJFree Gold

16 Nov 2007, 13:26 #38

"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing,
you're right."
"One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises,
is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do."
"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. "
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. "
"Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs. "
~Henry Ford~

JoeJFree Gold

01 Jan 2008, 05:18 #39

Congratulatons on Six
&
thanks again Roger!
(so....was it the 31st or the 1st that you put down that honey dipping shovel?Image Good decision no doubt. Image)
YQb - Joe J
Last edited by JoeJFree Gold on 07 Mar 2009, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.

JoeJFree Gold

28 Jun 2008, 13:25 #40

"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing,
you're right."

"One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises,
is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do."

"Quality means doing it right when no one is looking.
"

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.
"

"Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs.
"
Focus on Quitting for One hour at a time

All of the above phrases in black are quotes of
~Henry Ford~
Last edited by JoeJFree Gold on 02 May 2010, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.