Do you have an idea for a logo or mascot that might fit well with the name "Nix on Nicotine"? If so, Quentin's mom is becoming rather active in youth smoking prevention and has put together the below contest to create a logo or mascot with a contest deadline of April 8, 2011. Still just one rule for each of us ... none today!
Breathe deep, hug hard, live long,
John (Gold x11)
NIX ON NICOTINE
A Freedom-From-Tobacco Campaign
* * * An ART CONTEST * * *
GRAND PRIZE: $250 CASH
NIX ON NICOTINE is an in-school program whose mission is to
support & encourage permanent freedom from tobacco
This competition is for design of a
to be used in future program promotions
Submit your entry by April 8, 2011
Entries will be judged by a panel to include
celebrated artist, activist, and HipHop musician DJCAVEM
Contest details and entry forms available at PS1 Charter School (Eric Gangloff or Sarah Camastro) or from Isobel McGowan at 303-964-9129
Or by email at [url=mailto:Losojos01@aol.com
NIX ON NICOTINE
Logo/Mascot Art Contest
1. Appeal. The winning entry will be eye-catching and appealing.
2. Originality. Only original art will be accepted for consideration. The winning entry will be unique and creative. Each submitting artist will be required to sign an affidavit that the artwork is his or her work alone.
3. Technique. The winning entry will effectively use color and composition and other artistic techniques.
4. Applicability. The winning entry will be an image that personifies or embodies the NIX ON NICOTINE concept and mission: To support and encourage permanent freedom from tobacco.
5. Disqualifications. Entries containing profanity or nudity will be disqualified.
1. Entries become the sole property of NIX ON NICOTINE, and will not be returned to the artists. We strongly advise that artists do not submit original art work itself, but rather submit a clear digital or paper reproduction of the original. If your work is chosen, you agree to allow NIX ON NICOTINE access to the original artwork for the purpose of photographing, photocopying, or otherwise reproducing the art for use in the campaign.
2. The artist of the winning entry agrees that the image and the rights to use the image become the sole property of NIX ON NICOTINE, and will sign a statement to that effect.
3. The artist of the winning entry agrees to provide a brief biographical sketch to be used in program promotion.
4. The decision of the judging panel will be final and without right to appeal.
(please print clearly – if we can’t read your information or contact you, your entry will be disqualified)
Name of artist:_____________________________________________________
Name of artwork (optional):___________________________________________
Artist contact: Phone___________________ Email address __________________
Certification: I have read, understand, and agree to comply with the above contest rules. I certify that the attached artwork was created by me alone, is my sole property, and has not been sold or otherwise relinquished at this time.
(If submitted by email, and your entry is chosen, you will be asked to sign an original entry form)
Send or bring your entry to: PS1 Charter School, Attention: Eric Gangloff or Sarah Camastro, 1062 Delaware St., Denver, CO 80204 or submit via email to [url=mailto:email@example.com
Entries must be received by the judging panel no later than 5:00pm on April 8, 2011. No late entries will be accepted. Judges may ask to meet with finalists to view the original art works prior to making a final decision. The final decision will be announced April 15, 2011.