Patience

Parker GOLD

10 Oct 2004, 22:32 #31

"Up ahead is a deep, rich sense of inner quiet and calm where the constant chatter of addiction is just a memory."
John wrote this in response to someone else's post. I wanted to capture it here. For this is what patience will bring you.
ImageParker - 28 months
Last edited by Parker GOLD on 22 Jul 2009, 03:09, edited 1 time in total.

gold osomashi

23 Oct 2004, 15:24 #32

Thank you everyone on this string. Your words on patience are powerful and I am finding great solace in them. I'll keep this one on my speed dial. Thank you.
Image mari 1 month and 2 weeks
Last edited by gold osomashi on 22 Jul 2009, 03:17, edited 1 time in total.

cac

24 Oct 2004, 09:30 #33

This is exactly what I need to read, daily, for a while. I have copied it and will post it by my desk.

I think that after over 2 decades of instant "aaah" gratification and feeding that jones now (because my body says "NOW!") has indeed modified my behavior. When there is nothing to do "NOW!" anymore, I feel more jittery even though I am weeks away from the physical effects of nicotine withdrawl . I have nothing to be compulsive about anymore. I don't know what to do with myself and I have long forgotten how to "just be". "Just being" brings calmness and I have to teach myself how to "just be" again.

Perhaps for the next week (through greening!) I will say "NTAP and just be".

-Cate
Nicotine free for 3 Weeks, 3 Days, 12 hours and 16 minutes (24 days). $48.04 goes to the free me fund. By not smoking 171 cigarettes, I have saved 14 hours and 15 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 9/29/2004

John (Gold)

04 Dec 2004, 02:09 #34

Baby steps, patience, just one day at a time!

There's no place like home!

This can be one of the most eye-opening and wonderful adventures we'll ever take if we'll only remain patient and allow ourselves to see the peddles of the beautiful rose unfolding before our very eyes.

The real quitting took place the day that nicotine assumed control over the flow of more than 200 neurochemials inside your body. You're not quitting you but recovering you! You're going home and you've always had the ability to do so. There's only one rule to again awaking someday soon to a re-newed expectation of going your entire day without once wanting for nicotine ... no nicotine today!!
Last edited by John (Gold) on 22 Jul 2009, 03:20, edited 1 time in total.

JoeJFree Gold

03 Feb 2005, 01:57 #35

OMG, just had a Image moment when I clicked a link suggestion from (I think) Kay! This is now added to my IE Favorites in the Freedom folder. Thanks you to Roger et al. who have added to this string. Just what I need to read cause I have so little. Patience that is. "And Just BE" JoeJFree - a nicotine addict Free and Healing for Twenty Three Days, 2 Hours and 42 Minutes
I've saved 2 days and 9 minutes of my life.
Last edited by JoeJFree Gold on 22 Jul 2009, 03:38, edited 1 time in total.

Parker GOLD

03 Mar 2005, 22:25 #36

Image This is such an important thread. Not so much for those in the first couple of weeks. Everyone seems to expect that the initial days of quitting will not be a piece of cake. They expect to work hard and know they will have to deal with withdrawal and craves. However, sometimes folks get into the third or fourth weeks and beyond and they seem to get blindsided by the desire to smoke. It is so important to remember that this is a healing process. It takes time to re-wire the brain. It takes time to learn to move through our daily lives and routines without relying on a drug. It takes time to educate ourselves and to gain confidence in our ability to succeed.

For today...make a promise to yourself to give time time. Be patient with your healing. Keep reading and learning and trusting us when we say: it will get better!

ImageParker - feeling grateful for 32 months of freedom & healing

JoeJFree Gold

25 Apr 2005, 08:16 #37

Roger, as usual I read your words and experience them as a gift. What an important message. Developing comfort is simply a matter of time. For me, going back and reading old posts helped me gain a sense of perspective which helped me be more patient with my progress. Reading about how the bronzes and silvers and golds had done some struggling in the early days let me know that I was not unusual so I couldn't use my specialness as an excuse for relapse! Image

(Bedrock truth learned here at Freedom: there is no excuse for relapse!)

Give time time. I used to say to myself: "look you smoked for 32 years, don't you think you can give this quit another day and see how you feel?" I am deeply grateful that I waited to see how the next day would feel. Because here I sit at 283 days feeling very comfortable and proud of myself and free......

Thank you, Roger.

Parker

And thank you Parker and all the other Oldbies who have broken trail for those of us just discoveing this path to comfortable Freedom of Mind.
ImageThe Song Remains the SameImage

JoeJ Day 104 along the Path. NTAP!

Parker GOLD

02 Jun 2005, 08:39 #38

Image A Freedom saying not used as much around here anymore....."I'd rather be an ex-smoker with an occasional thought of smoking than a smoker obsessed with quitting."

With time, with patience, with education, and the occasional tooth-gritting-determination-to-stay-quit-for-just-one-more-day-darn-it! comfort does come.

Trust us....it does.

ImageParker - 35 months

JoeJFree Gold

07 Nov 2005, 20:21 #39

My name is JoeJFree always a nicotine addict and gratefully now an X-smoker for 9 months, 27 days, 21 hours and 6 minutes (300 days)

I've now reclaimed 26 Days and 2 Hours to live life as I choose!Image NTAP!
Last edited by JoeJFree Gold on 22 Jul 2009, 03:22, edited 1 time in total.

Sal GOLD.ffn

25 Jan 2006, 06:18 #40

Consider each day a gift of life that will allow you one step
closer to your goal of being a comfortable x-smoker.
Last edited by Sal GOLD.ffn on 22 Jul 2009, 03:17, edited 1 time in total.