NTAP question

AlanPCrocker
AlanPCrocker

November 9th, 2006, 6:39 am #1

I'm really sorry if this question has been answered here a million times. For my final project in a writing class, I'm writing an account of my experience with quitting nicotine and I was hoping to get a citation to support the "1 puff = all puffs" thing, that any use of nicotine puts a person back at his level of addiction at the time he quit. I totally believe it, of course, and if I didn't I would have had a puff and relapsed by now.

I've cited Freedom and WhyQuit as being very helpful in my quit and cited WhyQuit's references on the page about cold turkey quitting being more successful than NRT. I'm having trouble finding similar citations for 1 puff = all puffs, though.

Alan

I have been quit for 1 Week, 3 Days, 18 hours, 10 minutes and 8 seconds (10 days). I have saved $7.52 by not smoking 215 cigarettes. I have saved 17 hours and 55 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 10/28/2006 11:28 PM

JoeJFree Gold
JoeJFree Gold

November 9th, 2006, 6:45 am #2

Topic Index

Relapse Policy Please Read
If you're new to Freedom
please read our How to Join page
before applying for membership.
"There are no loopholes in the law of addiction. The law of addiction simply states that administration of a drug to an addict will cause reestablishment of the dependence on the addictive substance. The day that you tossed your "last" cigarette away, you were placed "on probation" for the rest of your life. While it may seem harsh and unfair, to many, smoking is a crime punishable by death. Don't try to cheat the system just - NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF! Joel[/size]

Joel
Joel

November 9th, 2006, 7:12 am #3

Have you noticed some of these "lost" long-term quits?
Law of addiction
"Was I addicted?"

AlanPCrocker
AlanPCrocker

November 9th, 2006, 7:17 am #4

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm going to talk about the law of addiction in my paper, but I was hoping to find citations as strong as the ones in this article: http://www.whyquit.com/whyquit/LinksCAids.html, which I cited when I mentioned cold turkey quitting. Like I said, I believe in the law of addiction and I am bound and determined to never take another puff. I'm certainly not looking for an excuse to relapse and I hope I didn't come off that way.

Thank you very much,
Alan

I have been quit for 1 Week, 3 Days, 18 hours, 48 minutes and 46 seconds (10 days). I have saved $7.54 by not smoking 215 cigarettes. I have saved 17 hours and 55 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 10/28/2006 11:28 PM (And I couldn't have done it without Freedom)

AlanPCrocker
AlanPCrocker

November 9th, 2006, 7:20 am #6

This message has been deleted by the author.

AlanPCrocker
AlanPCrocker

November 9th, 2006, 7:26 am #7

Thank you very much for all that information. To clarify, Joel, your first post had exactly what I was looking for and everything you posted is very very helpful. I was writing my second post while you posted your response and I didn't see it until I had already asked for more stuff. I'm sorry if it came off the wrong way.

Again thank you very much and I'm sorry for asking for information that had already been posted.

Alan

Joel
Joel

November 9th, 2006, 8:04 am #8

Hello Alan:

I was writing my second post before I saw your second post. I was just trying to give you all of the links that I thought you would find helpful--they were not in response to you asking for more the second time around.

It takes me time to find all of the links--I was working on it a few minutes before making the post.

kattatonic1 gold4
kattatonic1 gold4

November 10th, 2006, 12:54 pm #9

Alan, Congratulations on being a Glory Week Graduate! I just wanted to pop in and tell you and others reading that it's okay to ask a question that has been asked here before. Recycling is how we introduce the truth to Newbies and remind the Oldbies why they quit and how they stay quit. You are doing a fabulous job. Hug that beautiful quit of yours tightly!

Kay (Gold x 2)