- I was extremely tired of making excuses
- I was weary from defending myself when I knew I was wrong
- I was tired of telling people I was going outside (usually in a restaurant, after dinner) to make a phone call so I wouldn't bother them. Yeah, right.
- I was loathing going outside in BELOW ZERO weather for a cigarette, but still I did it! (forget California, Bob!)
- I felt such guilt and remorse when my children begged me, for years, to "please quit, Mom".
- I was tired of nearly missing planes to get past security so I could run outside for a cigarette.
- I was humiliated when my children gave me a baggie and made me go outside to pick up cigarette butts.
- I was fearful for my life when I coughed non-stop every day and every night, for years.
- I was terrified when I went to the Dr for a lump in my throat and he said, "It's caused by a combination of reflux and smoking. If you quit smoking it should go away". IT DID.
- I was ashamed of myself when my daughters asked me not to wear their coats anywhere so they wouldn't come back smelling like gross smoke.
- I have empowered myself to live a healthier life.
- I have had at least 10 people tell me they have never seen me look younger or healthier!! WOW!
- I am very happy and comfortable with myself and my progress.
- I smell better-fresher.
- I am getting to know myself better and liking myself more!
- I have saved 150 not buying cigarettes, and probably twice that for peripheral goods, i.e. lighters, mints, gum, spray, breath fresheners and such.
- Not only have I added days and hours to my life, I am not wasting the 2-3 hours I used to waste smoking.
- I would lose my Freedom privileges; the very reason I am strong and embracing this Quit as none ever before.
- I get a real high from saying "Non-smoking please", then I give a slight glance of displeasure towards the smoking section. I know the look well. I received them for years.
- My children are ever so proud of me.
This is a list that never ends; I could go on and on my friends! - But now, it's someone else's turn!
As Dave ( Hillbilly) said last week, "It's easier than it looks".
And as simple as Never Taking Another Puff!
I'm never goinng to make it up till 11pm, but wanted to share this:
at 11 I will be 1 Month, 1 Week, 1 Day and 1000 cigarettes Not Smoked.
Feel like I am # 1!
Thanks Bob, this was a great Sunday "outting"!
More than a Month