No thank you, I can't have a cigarette

JoeJFree Gold

26 Jan 2007, 20:37 #41

Image" You don't give up cigarette smoking, you get rid of it." Image

A 'Building Block' key from Joel. Image

JoeJFree Gold

14 Nov 2007, 00:52 #42

Message 3 of 96 in Discussion
Image Keep focused, by quitting smoking you are depriving yourself of nothing. Nicotine was depriving yourself of choice. You had to smoke, and smoking was leading to all sorts of consequences, economical, social, and medical. Again, by quitting you are not depriving yourself of a cigarette, you are ridding yourself from nicotine. Because nicotine had the potential of depriving you of choice. It would lead you back to smoking and that would eventually deprive you of your health and your life. Stay in charge of your quit, never take another puff!

Joel
"I gave up smoking,"
is like a recovered cancer patient saying
"I gave up cancer."
You don't give up cigarette smoking, you get rid of it.
It isn't easy for us to open our minds after years and years of denial thinking that allowed each of us to pretend that we were in "control" while deep down knowing that each new puff was further destroying the capacities and abilities of these amazing bodies and minds. If you want to quit while permanently retaining some romantic dependency denial image of chemical bondage that is your choice.
Remember one thing, living that retained fantacy just once will remove choice from the equation and again put nicotine in control. Once there you'll be free to create and live all the addiction fantacies you desire for a period of time that is likely to be as long as the 43 carcinogens and 4,000 chemicals in each puff allow.
When offered a cigarette, too stay on this side of the bars is as simple as saying, "No thanks, I don't smoke nicotine, I like being me."

JoeJFree Gold

31 Mar 2008, 21:49 #43

Message 3 of 96 in Discussion
Image Keep focused, by quitting smoking you are depriving yourself of nothing. Nicotine was depriving yourself of choice. You had to smoke, and smoking was leading to all sorts of consequences, economical, social, and medical. Again, by quitting you are not depriving yourself of a cigarette, you are ridding yourself from nicotine. Because nicotine had the potential of depriving you of choice. It would lead you back to smoking and that would eventually deprive you of your health and your life. Stay in charge of your quit, never take another puff!

Joel

dan iel

24 Apr 2008, 06:34 #44

Image I have been quit for 1 Month, 3 Weeks, 6 Days, 22 hours, 1 minute and 17 seconds (58 days). I have saved £341.71 by not smoking 1,178 cigarettes. I have saved 4 Days, 2 hours and 10 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 25/02/2008 01:33

JoeJFree Gold

08 Dec 2008, 20:32 #45

Image" You don't give up cigarette smoking, you get rid of it." Image
A 'Building Block' key from Joel. Image
Keep focused, by quitting smoking you are depriving yourself of nothing. Nicotine was depriving yourself of choice. You had to smoke, and smoking was leading to all sorts of consequences, economical, social, and medical. Again, by quitting you are not depriving yourself of a cigarette, you are ridding yourself from nicotine. Because nicotine had the potential of depriving you of choice. It would lead you back to smoking and that would eventually deprive you of your health and your life. Stay in charge of your quit, never take another puff!
Joel

Joel Spitzer

10 Oct 2012, 15:33 #46

Joel Spitzer

10 Oct 2012, 15:34 #47