JoeJFree Gold
JoeJFree Gold

November 6th, 2005, 2:25 am #31

"You don't give up cigarette smoking, you get rid of it." - Joel S.
Finality of commitment to NTAP really is the key to early comfort.
Last edited by JoeJFree Gold on March 25th, 2013, 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

John (Gold)
John (Gold)

January 4th, 2006, 2:08 pm #32

JoeJFree Gold
JoeJFree Gold

January 31st, 2006, 11:34 pm #33

"You don't give up cigarette smoking, you get rid of it." - Joel S.
I truly believe this single simple thought has had more to do in setting a 'Quit Mind' on the path to success than any other concept.
We are not giving up or letting go or leaving behind or saying good-bye to anything worthwhile. We are actively choosing to get rid of an addictive agent that is proven to Kill & Maim every single person who uses it with every single dose devoured.
Once removed we Don't Need Nicotine to live. Nicotine Was not supposed to be IN Us to begin with!

June 18th, 2006, 8:30 pm #34

Smoking IS an Option[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF] [/font]
Last edited by Sal GOLD.ffn on March 25th, 2013, 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

JoeJFree Gold
JoeJFree Gold

July 15th, 2006, 6:47 pm #35

" You don't give up cigarette smoking, you get rid of it."

A 'Building Block' key from Joel.

blackdog2007
blackdog2007

September 17th, 2006, 10:21 pm #36

I kicked nicotine out of my life and my family's lives. Thanks to all of you, but especially thanks to myself for deciding to never take another puff. It sure feels good.

I have been quit for 1 Month, 2 Weeks, 5 Days, 20 hours, 16 minutes and 56 seconds (50 days). I have saved $2,543.89 by not smoking 1,779 cigarettes. I have saved 6 Days, 4 hours and 15 minutes of my life.

Kara anne
Kara anne

September 17th, 2006, 10:27 pm #37

No, Thank you, I no longer need a ciggarette!

NTAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kara anne
Kara anne

September 17th, 2006, 10:28 pm #38

Day 25 free and healing!

JoeJFree Gold
JoeJFree Gold

November 21st, 2006, 10:40 pm #39

"You don't give up cigarette smoking,
you get rid of it." - Joel Spitzer

JoeJFree Gold
JoeJFree Gold

December 6th, 2006, 2:21 am #40

It is indeed a matter or personal choice. This forum and WhyQuit.com help many to finally make an educated and informed choice.

The fact is, any ex-smoker can have a cigarette any time they want. They have the freedom of choice to smoke or not to smoke. Whenever they want one they can have it. But there is a catch. If they take one, they must accept the consequences of reinforcing the full addiction and going back to their old level of consumption. Very few ex-smokers ever want to smoke at their old level again. Even fewer wish to go through the withdrawals experienced when initially quitting. So, what ex-smokers really mean when they say they can't have a cigarette is that they choose not to go back to smoking. Isn't it nicer to choose not to smoke than to feel deprived of cigarettes? When you choose not to smoke you feel as if you had won a major battle--you broke away from a deadly, dirty and expensive addiction. One clinic participant made the analogy that saying "I gave up smoking," is like a recovered cancer patient saying "I gave up cancer." You don't give up cigarette smoking, you get rid of it.

JoeJFree Gold
JoeJFree Gold

January 26th, 2007, 8:37 pm #41

JoeJFree Gold
JoeJFree Gold

November 14th, 2007, 12:52 am #42

Message 3 of 96 in Discussion
Keep focused, by quitting smoking you are depriving yourself of nothing. Nicotine was depriving yourself of choice. You had to smoke, and smoking was leading to all sorts of consequences, economical, social, and medical. Again, by quitting you are not depriving yourself of a cigarette, you are ridding yourself from nicotine. Because nicotine had the potential of depriving you of choice. It would lead you back to smoking and that would eventually deprive you of your health and your life. Stay in charge of your quit, never take another puff!

Joel
"I gave up smoking,"
is like a recovered cancer patient saying
"I gave up cancer."
You don't give up cigarette smoking, you get rid of it.
It isn't easy for us to open our minds after years and years of denial thinking that allowed each of us to pretend that we were in "control" while deep down knowing that each new puff was further destroying the capacities and abilities of these amazing bodies and minds. If you want to quit while permanently retaining some romantic dependency denial image of chemical bondage that is your choice.
Remember one thing, living that retained fantacy just once will remove choice from the equation and again put nicotine in control. Once there you'll be free to create and live all the addiction fantacies you desire for a period of time that is likely to be as long as the 43 carcinogens and 4,000 chemicals in each puff allow.
When offered a cigarette, too stay on this side of the bars is as simple as saying, "No thanks, I don't smoke nicotine, I like being me."

JoeJFree Gold
JoeJFree Gold

March 31st, 2008, 9:49 pm #43

Message 3 of 96 in Discussion
Keep focused, by quitting smoking you are depriving yourself of nothing. Nicotine was depriving yourself of choice. You had to smoke, and smoking was leading to all sorts of consequences, economical, social, and medical. Again, by quitting you are not depriving yourself of a cigarette, you are ridding yourself from nicotine. Because nicotine had the potential of depriving you of choice. It would lead you back to smoking and that would eventually deprive you of your health and your life. Stay in charge of your quit, never take another puff!

Joel

dan iel
dan iel

April 24th, 2008, 6:34 am #44

I have been quit for 1 Month, 3 Weeks, 6 Days, 22 hours, 1 minute and 17 seconds (58 days). I have saved £341.71 by not smoking 1,178 cigarettes. I have saved 4 Days, 2 hours and 10 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 25/02/2008 01:33

JoeJFree Gold
JoeJFree Gold

December 8th, 2008, 8:32 pm #45

Joel

October 10th, 2012, 3:33 pm #46

October 10th, 2012, 3:34 pm #47