Nicodemon's Lies or Our Lies?

Sal GOLD.ffn

06 Aug 2008, 07:58 #31

It's one of my few pleasures in life - Does that mean that it's better than the pleasure of having a throat to deliver fresh air and great food, two lungs with which to laugh, a healthy heart to feel love, or an undamaged mind which dreams of a wonderful tomorrow? Pleasure from your addiction or pleasure in committing slow suicide at the hands of a mind that thinks it can only live with the aid of a powerful stimulant? What do they call someone who derives pleasure from self-inflicted harm or who slowly puts themselves to death? Pick your own label! Which nicotine fix out of the last 5,000 was the one that brought you tremendous pleasure? Which cigarette out of the next 5,000 may be the one that sparks permanent damage or disease, or that carries death's eternal flame? If bad news arrives tomorrow will "pleasure" cross your mind? Your only pleasure is in postponing the challenge of the initial 72 hours that it takes to remove all nicotine from your blood.

Sal GOLD.ffn

08 Oct 2008, 05:59 #32

If I quit, I'll just start back again. I always do. - The truth is that you don't have to relapse. We relapse because we rewrite the law of addiction, we forget why we quit, or we invent lies and stupid excuses, such as those that fill this page. Your next quit can be your last but you need to learn how to care for your quit, while always applying the only rule that you'll ever need to obey - NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF OF NICOTINE!

Sal GOLD.ffn

25 Oct 2008, 05:29 #33

Quitting causes weight gain and it's just as dangerous - Quitting doesn't increase our weight, eating does. As far as a few extra pounds being "dangerous," you'd have to gain over one hundred additional pounds in order to equal the health risks associated with smoking one pack a day. Keep in mind that your general health, physical abilities and lung capacity will all improve dramatically. If patient, you will have the physical and mental tools necessary to shed any extra pounds. Remember, smoking was your cue that a meal had ended. Unless you develop a new cue there may be fewer leftovers.

JoeJFree Gold

19 Nov 2008, 08:47 #34

I get bored. It helps pass the time - Tobacco does not control any clock on earth but it does control you. For the pack a day nicotine smoker it takes about 30 minutes before their blood's nicotine level to drop to the point where their mind sends them an "urge" of discomfort to remind you that it's time for a feeding. It doesn't matter where they are or what they're doing. Depending upon your daily nicotine requirements, the voice inside your head will let you know when it's time. All you're doing when bored is being alert enough to what lies ahead, so that you keep topping off your nicotine tank before the next message of discomfort arrives.

Sal GOLD.ffn

30 Dec 2008, 08:55 #35

I enjoy smoking - The difference between heroin and nicotine is that one chemical delivers a tremendous high while the other is far more addictive. Studies have long ranked nicotine as a more addictive substance than either heroin or cocaine. Cocaine's generally recognized addiction rate among regular users is 15% while nicotine's is over 70%. Imagine convincing your mind that it "likes" being addicted to the drug that most addiction scientists now rank as the most addictive substance on earth. We are nicotine addicts. A pack a day smoker smokes 7,300 cigarettes each and every year. How many of your last 7,300 smokes did you really enjoy? How many of the next 7,300 will bring joy to your life? Isn't the true joy of being a well fed nicotine addict in not having to feel the discomfort associated with withdrawal?

Sal GOLD.ffn

06 Jan 2009, 08:43 #36

I like to smoke when I drink and I find myself smoking even more - The effects of drinking and stress upon our body's nicotine level are the same. You smoke more when you drink not because you "like" to but because you MUST in order to keep your body's nicotine level within the comfort range, so that it does not experience the symptoms of early withdrawal. When you drink alcohol it causes your urine to become acidic. The acid causes nicotine to be drawn from your blood at an accelerated rate. Thus, the more you drink, the more nicotine you'll need to ingest to avoid the anxiety of early withdrawal. Although early alcohol use contributes to destroying a great many quit attempts, understanding the nicotine-acid relationship can be of benefit in accelerating physical nicotine withdrawal so that quitters can begin feeling relief sooner. Acidic fruit juices, such as cranberry, may help reduce the normal 72 hours of withdrawal required to remove all nicotine from the blood. If at all possible, don't drink during the first few days of your quit. When you do decide to drink, consider drinking at home without cigarettes around before testing your resolve around smokers. By doing so you'll help to break the your mind's psychological link between smoking and drinking, with as little risk as possible. As millions of ex-smokers can attest, your beer or drinks will taste better than ever once your taste buds are allowed an opportunity to heal.

CrystalView2

31 May 2009, 22:46 #39

Image Near and Still Dear to my heart!

Katie - Free and Healing for Four Years, Seven Months, Fourteen Days, 12 Hours and 15 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 117 Days and 4 Hours, by avoiding the use of 33750 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $5,430.43.

JohnPolito

12 Apr 2010, 22:58 #40

ImageBoredom is a fascinating emotion, good not bad.  They say time flies when having fun but chemical servitude isn't voluntary and using time and life to damage and destroy life is a mental illness called drug addiction. 

If a pack-a-day smoker spent an average of 5 minutes for each nicotine fix (including buying, getting to your spot, getting your fix and clean-up), that's 100 minutes per day, 1 hour and 40 minutes that's now either empty or looking to be used.  And how was that time used?  It was the addict's replenishment period, when dopamine pathway wants were satisfied, a period of chemical stimulation.  

The beauty of boredom is that it's an invitation to find clean, healthy and natural ways to stimulate our body and mind.   It need not happen now but ending feelings of purposelessness brings purpose to life.   If a pack a day smoker, those 100 minutes are yours for the taking, a gift from you to you!   That's 36,500 minutes per year, 608 hours or fifteen 40-hour work weeks per year.  I don't know what you have in mind but that's a pretty massive gift you've given yourself!   Just one simple rule to keep those 15 extra activity weeks, no nicotine today!!!

Breathe deep, hug hard, live long,

John (Gold x10)     
Last edited by JohnPolito on 12 Apr 2010, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.