New reactions to anger as an ex-smoker

The emotions that flow from nicotine cessation
OBob Gold

01 Feb 2002, 18:31 #31

Thanks Mary. Looking forward to hopping on that green bus with you!

Image Slainte

Felicia GOLD

06 Mar 2002, 03:46 #32

Joel, you are awesome! Again, I learn something very, very interesting and very pertinent to what is happening with me. Looks like it's time to be facing some issues instead of hiding. I'm not looking forward to it but I know that I will grow as a person when it happens. Keep the info coming!

Felicia
I have chosen not to smoke for 2 Weeks 14 Hours 45 Minutes 20 Seconds.
I've reclaimed 2 Days 42 Mins 57 Secs of my life.

Photini

10 Apr 2002, 21:59 #33

Joel,
Thanks so much for everything! Thanks especially for recommending to join this site. Today is day 8 free of nicotine.

I think the biggest challenges I am going to face are going to be dealing with stress and emotional triggers. These posts are all very helpful.

Thanks again,

Photini

2ants

25 Apr 2002, 20:57 #34

Hi Joel, I just wanted to thank you for the latest article about anger. I was just discussing with my friend yesterday about how vocal I've become since I quit smoking. Usually I'm very quiet, lately though I've been challenging everyone about everything. Now I know why,I've held some of this stuff in for years and it's finally coming out. No knockdown drag out fights just finally asserting myself and not letting people take advantage of me anymore. Thanks!
Carol

Joanne Gold

25 Apr 2002, 21:24 #35

Hi Carol, I am glad this article helped you along. You certainly are not alone on this issue. Since I quit smoking my candor has been on the rise.Image A few folks around me were a bit taken back at first. This new found assertiveness has to be a bit more healthy, we are once again in touch with our true feelings - no more smoking them away.Image Those around us know just where they stand now - if it happens to be on our toes, we let them know it hurts.Image Some of us haven't been in touch with these feelings for so long and have to adjust. Some of us find ourselves in a bit of trouble during that adjustment periodImage (LOL) but that may not be a bad thing.Image You just hold on tight and be proud for giving yourself such a wonderful gift. Quitting smoking really is quite a journey, embrace the process and be proud. You are well on your way.Image

It gets better and better....keep up the good work.

Never take another puff...no matter what.

Joanne
3 plus years

joyfulgrl

28 Jul 2002, 04:11 #36

Joel,

What a great article. Anger has been one of the scariest emotions for me to feel when I don't have nicotine. I do exactly what the article states when I was smoking and then wondered why I let my past relationship go on and on (duh). I even had myself thinking that I had to have nicotine or else I won't be able to handle anger in a relationship. How unhealthy. Looking back I think I made poor choices in men and tolerated them by using nicotine. I can't completely blame the nicotine because I made a choice to date that person but it certainly alleviated uncomfortable feelings.

Smoking has definitely kept my mind occupied and helped me to put my real feelings on the side and out of sight just to appease a situation. And your right it all came out anyway, just in a different form.

You have no idea how grateful I am for all of these wonderful articles I have been reading over the past few days........truly, you are an amazing group of people.......thank you Image

Image Joy

Alyson GOLD.ffn

06 Sep 2002, 02:46 #37

For Sharon and Alegra!

Embrace the rebirth of feeling!

Alegra

06 Sep 2002, 08:21 #38

Thank you so much for this Alyson. This is exactly how I have been feeling! It is nice to know that it is something a lot of people go through when they choose to stop smoking!
Alegra
I have chosen not to smoke for 1 Week 4 Days 7 Hours 21 Minutes 23 Seconds. Cigarettes not smoked: 339. Money saved: $54.27.

Joel

10 Dec 2002, 21:47 #39

In case you ever found yourself saying or thinking, "I can't deal with this...I have to go smoke!" This one explains a big part of why that particular feeling occurred.

Lena (SILVER)

10 Feb 2003, 01:32 #40

Thank you Joel for this. Image Lena 2 months 5 days