Need a boost? Reach for your dreams!

Christine06516

25 Mar 2003, 10:01 #11

Wow John, very powerful. I had a tiring day fighting "urges" caused by too much stress, luckily I am so new into my quit I can remember what that first day was like, and I NEVER want to repeat it (even though it is "doable"). But I guess I will document what that day was like in detail in my journal so that I can remind myself if need be, when that memories aren't as fresh. All becaus I have CHOSEN to Never Take Another Puff!!

Christine I have chosen not to smoke for 1 Week 2 Days 20 Hours 17 Minutes 36 Seconds. Cigarettes not smoked: 196. Money saved: $39.38.

Golddabler1

25 Mar 2003, 10:32 #12

Brilliant posting john i agree you must keep your motivation alive,I lost a years quit by not realising this but this time i,m staying motivated.this has been an easy quit as the years quit i had was but i had several hard quits after my relapse.So my formulae now is never take another puff=100% success and taking another puff=100% relapse.Rickdabler 2 weeks 22hrs 25 mins nicotine free.Image

John (Gold)

25 Mar 2003, 10:50 #13

Nine days & fifteen days, Wowsers! You're both doing fantastic and absolutely nothing can stop your healing so long as you both continue living by that one simple rule - no nicotine, never take another puff. Unlike all the quick fix magic cures, Freedom is just a learning and support tool that can not take credit for being used nor is it responsible for being ignored. The glory is all yours Christine & Rickdabler! Be proud of how far you've each come!

Breathe deep, hug hard, live long. John

John (Gold)

28 Mar 2003, 11:30 #14

Don't try to forget about what it was like living life from the inside of pack after pack after pack after pack but keep those memories honest, vivid and alive as they are the fuel the motivated you to begin this journey, and they are also the fuel that will see you through challenging times. Just one day at a time Never Take Another Puff!

Breathe deep, hug hard, live long, John

John (Gold)

19 Apr 2003, 09:11 #15

Whether you're flying high ...
... or just beginning this amazing journey home ...
... your core motivations, reasons for quitting and dreams
are the wind beneath your educated wings. Keep them
vibrant and fresh and they'll keep you healing, free and soaring!
Last edited by John (Gold) on 09 Feb 2009, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.

John (Gold)

05 May 2003, 19:04 #16

A 50% chance of killing ourself 5,000 days early?
What chemical is worth 5,000 sunrises?
Last edited by John (Gold) on 09 Feb 2009, 19:07, edited 1 time in total.

John (Gold)

09 Jun 2003, 00:11 #17

The junkie mind is "us" and if allowed can be an amazing force for personal betrayal and renewal of our own senseless self-destruction. If we keep our day #1 core motivations alive, honest, fresh, vibrant and in the forefront of our minds, although junkie thoughts may come and go, they will find no ground to take root. The key to freedom isn't forgetting what it was like living a chemically captive life but in remembering as much honest detail as possible.

John (Gold)

27 Jun 2003, 04:20 #18

Choices
A few moments of challenge or a lifetime of captivity?
Feeding the cells of your body oxygen or carbon monoxide?
Paying money to stay enslaved or spending it on you?
Revolving life around chemical feedings or around you?
Remaining prisioner to your dependency or arresting it?
No nicotine today or one puff and relapse?

John (Gold)

07 Jul 2003, 22:17 #19

Your dreams born of honest dependency realities
will make the next brief challenge doable

Look at a clock as cessation time distortion is very real and
that next crave episode will not last longer than 3 minutes.
Last edited by John (Gold) on 09 Feb 2009, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.

John (Gold)

07 Aug 2003, 10:49 #20

NTAP vs. Nicotine Normal
You can embrace recovery or fight it. You can keep yourself on pins and needles or totally relax for just a moment and test the real waters. You can listen to conditioned junkie thinking fostered by years of "nicotine normal" and the powerful emotions that may flow from the inner mind, or cozy-up to the simple truths that the emerging "NTAP you" cannot deny - you're free, in control and the next few minutes are entirely doable!

Addiction isn't about getting high but about feeling "nicotine normal" again. It's a place we've each been thousands upon thousands of times after sucking deeply to replace missing nicotine that forever was leaving our bodies at the rate of one-half every two hours. The nicotine induced dopamine and adrenaline releases took us back to "nicotine normal" where we sensed a relaxing big hug aaahhh sensation while at the exact same time having our heart pound faster while every vessel in our body constricted.

Recovery isn't about strength or willpower but about allowing your dreams to flood your inner mind as you allow yourself time to adjust to embracing the real you again. It's letting those honest dreams occupy center stage while laughing at the lies that once kept you in denial. You're headed home to see what it's like being the real you, engaging every aspect of life while having the expectation of going each and every day without wanting for nicotine.

ImageIt wasn't that you liked being chemically married to what may be earth's most captivating substance, but that once true dependency was established you lost all choice in the matter. Yes, believing you liked being addicted made defeat a bit more palatable.

You don't miss the foul and nasty taste of "nicotine normal" and the 4,000+ chemicals that filled your mouth and lungs. Again, it's that once enslaved you had absolutely no choice but to play the denial game and find a few reasons to justify each defeat. Think about the alternative, how could we have lived in these minds if each and every day, all day long, we were forced to **** down chemical soot that we told ourselves we hated?

Relax, go the distance, embrace the real you! There's absolutely nothing to fear by continuing to heal that amazing body of yours, by stopping your own senseless self- destruction, by keeping more of your money, by taking back control and restoring stolen self-esteem and by having great odds of adding thousands of extra sunrises to your life.

Do you remember that first puff ever when your taste buds were healthy? Remember how your lungs rebelled before becoming used to living in soot? After that first puff it was simply a matter or getting used to your new master. Freedom is your birthright and it's time to go home! The next few minutes are all that matter and are entirely doable! Baby steps, just one day at a time and there's only one rule - no nicotine today, Never Take Another Puff! John (Gold)

Last edited by John (Gold) on 11 Feb 2014, 12:15, edited 2 times in total.