My Computer Saved My Life

Joel

22 Jul 2001, 22:10 #11

Here Gormo, I thought you would appreciate this article too in light of how you feel about your computer experience.

Joel

John (Gold)

02 Sep 2001, 23:16 #12

The beauty of a serious online cessation education and support experience is that we can each take as much as we need. There are now almost 85,000 messages here at Freedom! Clearly enough reading to keep a Newbie busy for the better part of an entire year! Enjoy your journey home! It's nice being free! Thanks Linda : ))) YQB Zep : )

Dionne (gold)

02 Sep 2001, 23:29 #13

I wonder how many of us out there Linda has folded into her welcoming loving arms?
My nose gets red when I think of how tender and vulnerable I was those first few weeks, months,and how often her and the other managers, pulled me back from the edge with LOVE and EDUCATION! I won't ever forget.

Your sweet smelling Dionne, clean since Oct. 8th 2000.

eyckness (green)

04 Sep 2001, 13:38 #14

Hey Linda,
What a great, great story! If your not from the South you should have been. Cause only Southerners tell'em that good! What an inspiration and a testament to a great many things in life...love, commitment, willingness, honesty, where-with-all, endurance, integrity. Im honored to be communing with you. Katie

Joel

05 Jan 2002, 21:42 #15

I saw where Hilary referred to this one and since it was Linda's anniversary just a few days ago, thought it would be an interesting read for everyone.

Nora (Gold)

06 Jan 2002, 06:26 #16

Linda, I really love this story. I also give credit to my computer for having given me the opportunity to join this family of Quitters. I was just telling my son the other night that I did not think I could have quit if it hadn't been for on-line support. He is trying to quit so I emailed him the WhyQuit.Com address. I hope he reads and learns and become determined to quit. He is the only one of my 5 children that smokes. One of my sons-in-law just quit last month, the 10th I think. He doesn't have a computer.

Thanks again for sharing.
Nora

Joel

21 Feb 2002, 22:02 #17

Image I felt I owed this to Linda. After all, she brought up much of my work this morning. Image

I've been very busy getting ready for a conference that I will be speaking at the next few days. It has drastically limited my time this week. I'll be checking in sporadically as time permits.

Until then, if anyone sees any issues raised that any of the library letters or past posts would properly address, feel free to bring them up at any time. Actually a number of our members are getting good at this. I see them going at the exact letters I would go for when questions are asked. I feel the board is in great hands even when any of the managers are tied up with other matters. Thanks to everyone who keeps the board focused on how important it is to always remember to never take another puff!

Joel

John (Gold)

19 Jul 2002, 00:00 #18

We hear so many bad things about the internet but it also brings Image with it the potential to transport each of us to empowering tools like Freedom, and allows to communicate with cessation experts like Joel, who has dedicated his entire adult life toward helping those chemically dependent upon nicotine break the bonds that bind them. If you're just visiting we encourage you to bookmark our site (www.WhyQuit.com) and continue your education.
None of us are stronger than nicotine but then nicotine is just a drug which has zero intelligence. With a bit of indepth understanding it can be brains over bronze every time! If you're here reading with us now, you already have the desire!! Knowledge is power! Welcome to Freedom, we've been waiting on you! John - a very comfortable ex-smoker!
Last edited by John (Gold) on 02 Jan 2010, 22:02, edited 2 times in total.

Sal GOLD.ffn

09 Jan 2006, 03:39 #19

The one letter that I have saved at the address I use for this group is the one that Linda sent welcoming into Freedom. It represents my step into my new life, the step that I took because my computer saved MY life.

If I had not stumbled onto www.whyquit.com and found facts and truth and How To Quit and Stay Quit...I would be 3 years further into emphysema and who knows what else.

Congratulations, LindaImage, and thank you for all of your contributions!

ImageSal
Two years, eleven months, three weeks, six days, 12 hours, 35 minutes and 25 seconds. 26220 cigarettes not smoked, saving $5,244.12. Life saved: 13 weeks, 1 hour, 0 minutes.

(ImageHey Joe, methinks I'll be celebrating you at a certain party quite soon!!)

GrumpyOMrsS (Gold)

09 Jan 2006, 11:29 #20

Hi Sal and Joe:

Well you did it. Image You both managed to catch my attention with this old post and pull me back to the board following a couple weeks hiatus from my computer while recouping from knee surgery. Thank you for your comments and congratulations to both of you on your upcoming anniversaries. It seems like yesterday you were both taking your first tentative steps toward recovery and look at you now. Not only have you done it, but you are also showing countless others the way. This is what online support is all about.

While the title of this post has always sounded corny to me, the message within, captures my feelings on the importance of online support and there is nothing corny about that. All of you reading this, please use your computer to learn, to understand nicotine addiction, to ask questions when you are in doubt. Use your computer to its fullest. The wealth of information both at Freedom and Whyquit.Com is mind staggering, sobering and wonderful. If you do that, then you too will be able to tell your grandkids how your computer saved your life and maybe even tell them if they read and learn about this deadly addiction, their computers will one day save their lives as well.

Again, many thanks for your kind words. Image

Linda

Hal and I are 6 years free after smoking for 41 years and loving every minute of our freedom.