My battle - a day in the life of a dipper

SLees21
SLees21

January 14th, 2006, 12:27 am #1

John asked me to put down some of the things that may or may not have been different about my dipping habit.
There are so many differences I don't even know where to start. The biggest difference and the one that caused me to get as bad as I did was that there is not a place where I could not dip. Movie theatre - no problem. Cross country flight - sure. Car with the kids - absolutely. There was not a place that I could not through a dip in my mouth. And I dipped everywhere. I pretty much went through life with a dip in my mouth. I would say at least 85% of the time I was awake, I was dipping. I never want to be there again!
The costs was staggering. For the last year I was up to two cans a day at a cost of $6.45 a can. Thousands of dollars down the drain.
I don't think the speed of nicotine to the brain was any different that a smoker. I think the one big difference was that once I put the dip in and got my fix, it continued to flow until I took the dip out 90 minutes later.
I am going through a lot of triggers every day now. Because I dipped constantly it was very ingrained into my life. About three times a day I will get a small craving and stop to see what I am doing and what brought it on. It is ususally something I had not done since I freed myself 12+ days ago. That part is probably no different than what the rest of you are going through.
I thank God for this site and everyone on it. While my delivery system was different I am no different than the rest of you. It has really helped me to break it down to what it really is. When I find myself craving a dip I will say out loud to myself that it is not a dip I am interested in but the nicotine that is in it. I can't believe I am free and no longer have to live that old life. It is amazing! I have gone....
12 days, 8 hours and 28 minutes with no DIP!
Thank you all for your support!

gavula
gavula

January 14th, 2006, 12:39 am #2

Thank you for sharing that. I don't think I'd thought about the differences in nicotine delivery systems. Congratulations on sticking to your quit!

Anna
1+ years of Freedom

ZZRSteve GOLD
ZZRSteve GOLD

January 14th, 2006, 1:12 am #3

Hey Slees21 (I'm guessing Scott) and welcome to Freedom.
One of our great quitters, Kevin, posted today. He was a dipper too and quit around the same time as me. Anyway, he's a Golden oldie now. Here's his quit journal which you may find interesting: FIRST POST - NICFREE & LUV'N IT!!

It's interesting to compare the two major "delivery systems" of nicotine, smoking vs dipping. Thanks for the insight. Bottom line is those who NTAP (or dip) have a 100% chance of never, ever relapsing.

Welcome again and read, read, read. Steve 1Y,8M. purt near 25000 cigs not smoked.

Advice 4 Newbies
Nicotine Addiction 101
Some new findings on Nicotine Addiction

enjoyinglifeJamie
enjoyinglifeJamie

January 14th, 2006, 5:19 am #4

Glad to meet you SLees21...glad you joined us.

Thanks for sharing your story...you are right, our delivery methods may have been different but we are share the same addiction.

Congratulations on your quit...before you know it you will be green! I can't wait!

Jamie - 271 days nic free

BushCreekDudeGoldX4
BushCreekDudeGoldX4

January 14th, 2006, 5:57 am #5

Nice going guy. I guess we should start a new acronym here at Whyquit - NTAD - Never Take Another Dip. Remember to keep reading and educating yourself. I'm sure you've seen this, but in case haven't:

http://whyquit.com/whyquit/SeanMarsee.html

Keep up that great baby quit of yours. And remember...NTAD

Bob
I have chosen not to give in to my junkie thoughts and inhale 4000+ chemical compounds, 43 known carcinogens, and 700 Tobacco Co. Flavor and Engineering Additives into my lungs for 2 Years 6 Months 6 Days 20 Hours 57 Minutes 1 Second. Sickorettes not smoked: 18437. Money saved: $4,609.36.
Life gained back to share with future grandchildren 4 Mos 6 Days 54 Mins 35 Secs
YESSSSSS!!!!!!

kwhtlw
kwhtlw

January 14th, 2006, 8:48 am #6

Dude, I know EXACTLY how you feel write now. You said you use to chew everywhere....I can relate. It was the same for me. There is no limitation to where you can have a dip. At work they
outlaw smoking in the shop, but left chewing alone as long as I didn't spit on the floor. Heck, When I was in college I was on the
swim and diving team, and yes I went to the state championships with a dip in my jaw. That's pretty sorry. Those type of stories will all be from the past and no new ones to come as long as you never use again. Remember it is not always easy, but it will be someday yet you still have to stay on guard. Never give in, never surrender. You are doing this and no one can stop you but you. Keep up the great quit. your worth it.

Kevin

John (Gold)
John (Gold)

January 14th, 2006, 9:07 am #7

Thanks Scott! We ex-smokers imagined ourselves so differently from dippers but the picture you and Kevin paint isn't so different. I guess the biggest difference was feeding time. We had to wait until fire and smoke were acceptable while you guys hitting the juice all day long. Thank you both for sharing.

The following is from the Oral Cancer Foundation:
Statistics & Facts on Smokeless Tobacco
*Smokeless tobacco is a known carcinogen (U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services, Report on Carcinogens, December 2002)

*Approximately 27,260 new cases of oral cancer will be diagnosed in the U.S. in 2004; nearly two-thirds are male. Estimated deaths from oral cancer in 2004 are at 4,830 men and 2,400 women. (American Cancer Society Cancer Facts & Figures 2004)

*Long term snuff users may be 50 percent more at risk for cancer of the cheek and gums. (American Cancer Society)

*Smokeless tobacco is also believed to contribute to cardiovascular disease and high blood pressure because the nicotine gets into the bloodstream through the lining of the mouth and/or the gastrointestinal tract. And nicotine cause the heart to beat faster and blood pressure to rise. (American Cancer Society)

*Smokeless tobacco users increase their risk of cancers of the oral cavity, throat, larynx and esophagus. (American Cancer Society)

*Nearly 600,000 females over age 12 in the U.S. use smokeless tobacco (National Institute of Drug Abuse - an agency of the National Institutes of Health, March 2001)

*Leukoplakia, white patches and oral lesions on the cheeks, gums or tongue, is commonly found present in smokeless tobacco users. Leukoplakia can be an early indicator of oral cancer. About 75 percent of daily users of smokeless tobacco will get leukoplakia. (American Cancer Society)

*Leukoplakia can develop within just one week of starting use of smokeless tobacco. (The Mayo Clinic)

*Dipping 8 to 10 times a day can bring as much nicotine into the body as smoking 30-40 cigarettes (Spit Tobacco: Does Smokeless Mean Harmless, 2001 Mayo Clinic report)

*Smokeless tobacco users absorb two to three times the amount of addictive nicotine as those who smoke cigarettes. (National Cancer Institute)

*"I cannot conclude that the use of any tobacco product is a safer alternative to smoking. This message is especially important to communicate to young people, who may perceive smokeless tobacco as a safe form of tobacco use." (U.S. Surgeon General Richard H. Carmona, MD, June 2003 testimony)

*46.4 percent of current tobacco users who are in middle school live in a household where someone else uses smokeless tobacco. (2002 Ohio Youth Tobacco Survey, Ohio Department of Health)

*Chewing tobacco contains 28 carcinogens, including tobacco-specific nitrosamines. Other cancer-causing substances include formaldehyde, acetaldehyde, crotonaldeyde, hydrazine, arsenic, nickel, cadmium, benzopyrene and polonium (which gives off radiation). (National Cancer Institute)
Just one rule ... no nicotine today, Never Take Another Dip!

kwhtlw
kwhtlw

January 14th, 2006, 9:10 am #8

Slees,

I was not going to ever re-install a quit keeper until I saw you here. So, as a reminder to myself and as possible encouragement to you I have decided to reinstall one and share my stats with you as well as with myself again. Take courage when the thought of chewing try to overcome you. If you think you are going to take a chew, come no (RUN HERE) and post your thoughts and wait. Someone will reply quickly, and keep educating yourself with Joels library and some day very soon you will be have a quit as long as many of ours.

I am proud of you, take it from us who don't just talk the talk we have done it, we don't cheat, we have performed and are successful. You are worth much more than tobacco.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

I quit sucking on worm dirt on 6/17/2004 6:17 AM and have been Nic Free for 1Y 6M 3W 5D 10h 43m. I have spent $3,517.22 on gym equipment and other stuff. I have saved 2W 5D 23h 30m of my life. and I am STILL NIC-FREE and LUV'N IT.

SLees21
SLees21

January 14th, 2006, 12:26 pm #9

Thanks for your words. They mean a lot. Don't worry if I ever feel like I am in crisis I will RUN here. I can't see how I could go back at this point, even though it has only been 13 days. I know that I have one big hurdle to get over. I know that a big crave will come in the next couple of weeks or it may take longer to get here. It is that crave I am on the lookout for and am ready to do battle. If it never comes, great, but if or when it does I think I am ready to fight with the knowledge I have gained here,

Thanks again for the support. Do you ever have craves after 1.5 yrs?

kwhtlw
kwhtlw

January 14th, 2006, 12:50 pm #10

No, I don't have physical craves. I would describe it more as a fleeting thought on a rare occasion. Kinda like a seemingly harmless and gentle breeze on a beautiful calm day trying to trick me into going outside where a storm is brewing and waiting for me to take the first step outside so it can destroy me. The thoughts can be very tricky. Be vigilant and trust only one thought. ie: NTAP or (chew)We try to rationalize these thoughts even after all we have learned. All it takes is for us to run with the idea that we can have only one chew, one drag, one puff or one step toward the storm and we are down for the count. Possible counting cigarettes or cans for the rest of our SHORTENED lives. I would much rather count reps on bench press, miles that I jog, dollars that I spend on possitive things, days that I feel good, cravings that I don't have or smokers freezing out in the cold. I sincerely love being tobacco free. And for that fleeting thought I need only one bullet in my gun and that is to Never Ever Under Any Circumstance EVER TAKE ANOTHER CHEW!!! As long as I abide by that one extremely simple little rule FAILURE IS IMPOSSIBLE. I don't have to be smart......Just willing. I believe you have what it
takes to be a long time quitter. You are here investing in yourself and that shows a lot of desire. Great job.... Remember YOUR ARE As NIC-FREE AS I OR ANY ELSE who has quit for more than approx 72hrs. Soon other things will take you focus and nicotine will be small stuff.

Hold on tight to your quit bro.

Kevin

SLees21
SLees21

January 15th, 2006, 12:33 am #11

Today is day 14. The big two week mark. Yesterday was kind of weird. I did not have any big craves. I did have some longing for my old ways, maybe I'd call them mini-craves. Time distortion was really strange yesterday. It happened twice and it was not during some big crave. I had very little to do with work yesterday and I work from home so I have some flexibility. I just had one conference call I had to attend. I ran around doing some things in the morning and got back to my office to prepare about 90 minutes before it started. That 90 minutes seemed like 5 hours. It was strange that would happen when I wann't even having an urge.
I am very proud of myself for getting to two weeks today. Although I am constantly on guard for the next crave. The vow I made to myself to not dip is too important to try and start over. I shudder at the thought of it. Have a great nicotine free day!

GoldenDivamom1972
GoldenDivamom1972

January 15th, 2006, 12:57 am #12

It's funny how different the delivery systems are. When I smoked my nicotine, the idea of dipping/chewing tobacco just grossed me out beyond belief.

What startles me even more is the number of athletes who dip. I was having a conversation with my supervisor around this time last year (as a recent quitter). He's a trim, athletic sort of guy, former football player, who was remarkably understanding about my nicotine withdrawals...because he was a former dipper! Surprised me to no end, until he explained that so many of them did it because it didn't interfere with their athletic performance like smoking would.

I think it's odd to me now that dipping grossed me out, but smoking didn't. Congrats to both of you on your freedom.

Blessings,
Amy--Gold!!
376 days

SLees21
SLees21

January 19th, 2006, 12:01 pm #13

I am still here on Day 18. Today I had to drive for about 90 minutes to a meeting and back. Those trips used to be accomplished with a can of Copenhagen. I was surprised at how little I craved during the trip. It was a thought when I first got on the freeway but that was about it.
There is one other thing I am worried about a little bit. The gum and breath savers I am going through. They are both sugarless, but it seems like I am always having them. I question whether I will get to a point in a month or two when I just kind of stop the gum and extra snacking or is it something I will have to consciously go after when I feel I am ready.

Anyone have similar worries and what is the experience of some of the people here who have been nicotine free for at least 3 months?

Nicotine free for:
17 Days, 20 hours and two minutes
I am soooo happy to be freeeeeee!!!!

ZZRSteve GOLD
ZZRSteve GOLD

January 19th, 2006, 12:34 pm #14

Well, I think you'll find the gum, etc. including extra snacking will taper off as time goes by. I couldn't live without a certain sour candy for a few weeks but have long, long since thrown out the extra tins I rather foolishly bought ahead of time. I still enjoy my gum from time to time but I did before I quit as well, just to keep my breath fresh. Bottom line: I wouldn't worry about it overly much for now but as Joel writes in Crutches to Quit Smoking , one can develop crutches that can put them in danger of relapsing if those crutches aren't available for whatever reason. Keep reading and keep being proud of your awesome quit. You're doing great! Steve 1Y,8M.

SLees21
SLees21

January 22nd, 2006, 11:38 am #15

Day 21 here and I am doing well. I have maybe four or five small craves a day. I am still waiting for some big psychological crave to come. That will be a test, but I already know I will ace it. Even if it is very difficult. I am finding new ways to live as I adjust to life without dip.
On the way into work on Friday I had a pretty convincing thought that I should go to 7-11 and buy some dip. I kind of laughed it off while at the same time I was considering it. As I walked in my building at work I was wondering what made me have this more intense crave on day 20. Well, my review was scheduled for that morning over the phone and I think I was a little nervous because I new that I hadn't been the best employee over the last couple of months. Then I laughed and thought, well if I get a bad review, I deserve it. The review was great anyway and I went on to have a decent Friday.
I will reach the three week mark in about 4.5 hrs. Green in 10 days.

I love that I am not using nicotine anymore! NTADip

MamaSunfield
MamaSunfield

January 22nd, 2006, 12:00 pm #16

Right on, Lee!!!!!!!!!!

You ARE doing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the great work!

Guess what? You get to totally redefine yourself. Once you start embracing your freedom..... nothing can stop you!

You go, you!!!!

Peace, Love and Fresh Air-
~Tobi
18+ months and LOVE MY FREEDOM

SLees21
SLees21

January 26th, 2006, 12:42 pm #17

Here I am at Day 25. That will be 600 hours nicotine free in about 3.5 hours. It continues to get easier. I had a big dip blowout the last two weeks of December and for the first couple of weeks of my quit I kept longing for that period of guilt free using. In the last couple of days that has gone away. I still get craves but they are very manageable. I am still expecting some big monster crave that I will need to get through. It may come in a few weeks when I have to go on my first business trip. I travel a lot for work and that was always a dipping paradise. On the plane, in the airports, hotels, you name it.

I have noticed some other stuff since I quit. Even though I was not a smoker I have become more aware of them and when I see them I feel sorry for them. I would feel the same way if I saw someone dipping, but its not as noticeable because you can do it anywhere. I want to go tell total strangers about this site.

Another thing I have done is told a lot of people that I have quit dipping cold turkey. All the guys in my fantasy football league have said I would not last. That just gives me more firepower to NTADip. I had dinner with the wife of a couple we are friends with . The wife does not use but her husband is a pretty serious smoker. She did not know that I had dipped but I told her at dinner and also that I had quit. She talked about how she wants her husband to quit, she is prego with #4. I told her about Whyquit and how I quit using nothing but the education from this site. Hopefully he will give me a call to ask about it.

The days seem to be speeding up and the craves becoming less frequent. This site helps and I still spend a few hours a day here. Thanks for all the help!!!

24 Days, 20 hours and 43 minutes...
Free from the bondage of nicotine! I sure wish I would have done this a long time ago. NTADip

SLees21
SLees21

January 31st, 2006, 2:21 pm #18

Just a note to day I am still here and still doing very well. I have thoughts now and even had one that lingered a few days ago. For the most part I am craving free. I joioned a gym today and am going to go get in shape.

One other thing I've realized since I quit, my job is boring. In the past I was happy to sit in my office and dip. Now that I have quit I've realized my job is boring and I need more of a challenge and more contact with my group. I am in a satellite office and HQ is 2K miles away. I will also start looking for a new job probably in the March time frame.

I think by the time I get to gold I will be a completely different person. Except that I will still be an addict and will always know that I can NTADip.

One more day and I am GREEN!!!

SLees21
SLees21

February 6th, 2006, 1:37 pm #19

I have now reached a new record for being nicotine free and I expect this record to grow every day by simply never dipping again.

I had a couple of rough times over the last week. The first was Friday morning on the way to work. For some reason I really wanted to go buy some Copenhagen and go work from my home office and dip all day long. It took me about an hour to dispel this thought and go on with my day. I was soooo happy later in the day that I did not falter. That was probably the biggest crave I have had since quitting. I was so worked up to quit, dipping two cans a day, that I had very few "craves" the first few days. I was a cranky old bastard but I did not have a lot of craving.

The second crave session I had to deal with came on Saturday. My wife unexpectantly went to Santa Barbara with her girlfriends. Then my six year old went to a sleepover. It was 4PM on a Saturday and my wife would not be home until 11PM on Sunday. All I had was myself and our 19 month old. And then I did something really stupid. As my older daughter was pulling out of the driveway in her friends car I actually said, "Man, now I can't dip my brains out." Not sure why I said that. It just kind of came out. Man, now I was in the worst crave ever. How was I going to get over it. For the first time since I quit I went into the kitchen and shoved anything that looked good in my mouth. Ate about 30 lifesavers in 15 minutes. It took me longer than the day before to get through it, but I did. Never really came close to buying any dip.

Soooo thankful it is Sunday and I did not go back to nicotine after some pretty tough craves. I am just happy that I have been able to stay nicotine free for the past ....

35 Days, 21 hours and 37 minutes

Starshinegrl Gold
Starshinegrl Gold

February 6th, 2006, 6:32 pm #20

Green in one hour!
The urge hits

Scott, really happy for and proud of you!!! Well done!

Wishing you a better nicotine free day today!

Gitte
437 days and a bit

SLees21
SLees21

February 13th, 2006, 10:34 am #21

Here we are several weeks into my new life. Six weeks and one day to be exact, but who's counting.

This past week was kind of easy now that I sit here and think about it. I had a couple of craves that did not last very long and really were not that bad.

One thing I have noticed this week that I did not have in the past is that when a crave hits or comes out of nowhere I recognize it for what it is and keep doing what I am doing. In the first couple of weeks and in past quits those craves would make me drive around looking for an excuse to use. Now I just llok at it for what it is and keep on going. Most of the time I do not even notice when the crave ends. I may think about it later that day and I will realize that I forgot to keep that crave going.

When I realize something like this I picture this short ugly old man walking away with his head down. That ugly old man is the crave and he is dejected that he can not harm me anymore.

I pretty much post just once a week now on Sunday night but I am usually here several times a day getting my education and keeping myself informed.

I am so glad I have not dipped for.......

42 Days, 18 hrs and 34 minutes

SLees21
SLees21

February 21st, 2006, 2:07 pm #22

I missed my normal writing day, Sunday, because my monitor broke and I did not have my office time on Sunday night.

I must say last week was one of the tougher weeks on record while at the same time it was liberating.

You see last week was my first business trip since I quit dipping. I have traveled a lot over the years and it has always been done with dip. I thought I would have a lot to deal with because of the craves that were bound to happen. Those craves never came and it was nice not to have to rush to my hotel room in order to have a dip or sneak a small one and hope no one noticed. I flew across the country, spent a day in Washington, DC and a day in Chicago and flew home with no credible craves.

I did get a call from my wife before leaving Chicago and she was in a bad mood because the kids were giving her the business. She pulled one of her melt downs while I am out of town and can do nothing to help. This was right before I left Chicago for home. Needless to say I was mad at her for making me feel guilty for being out of town on business.

Then when I got home I was still mad at her. And that boiled over into me yelling at her on Saturday about her always being on my back and being negative. We still have not really made up, but I felt a lot better for blowing off some steam at her.

Then I thought about this incident for awhile and I think I know what is going on here. In the past when my wife was negative I would just go put in a dip. Any reaction emotionally for me has been muted for 18 years due to dip and nicotine. I was one laid back guy. World is coming to an end, no worries, I'll just grab a fatty and watch the flames. It did not matter what it was, good news or bad would be closely followed with a big shot of nicotine.

So now when I get pissed at my wife I don't know what to do with the anger inside. It festered there for three days before it burst out in the kitchen. I will have to re-learn how to deal with stuff when it happens. Don't get me wrong, I am happy this is the way I am, I was too much of a pushover before. I'll just have to learn to deal with things in new ways.

So I guess even if I had some hard times this past week, when I look back none of them were that bad. I could have caved and be back to my old routines and I KNOW I don't want that life anymore.

I am very happy to say that today I have been nictine free for....

50 Days, 22 hours and five minutes!

KatieDidIt1999
KatieDidIt1999

February 21st, 2006, 8:11 pm #23

Congratulations on your 50 free days as well as your trip! Isn't it funny how the things we dread doing because of potential craves never come to pass? I guess it's because of the education we've gotten here. Of course there will always be the sneaky craves that catch you by surprise! I too have have had issues with speaking what's on my mind since I took the cig out of my mouth. I'm sure we have some re-learning to do, but I'm not so sure that it's really all that bad!
Kat
Free for 1 Month, 2 Weeks, 3 Days, 23 hours and 40 minutes (48 days). $227.78 saved, 1,469 cigarettes not smoked. I have not stood freezing or frying in the elements for 5 Days, 2 hours and 25 minutes of my life. Quit date: 1/3/2006 7:30 AM

JoeJFree Gold
JoeJFree Gold

February 21st, 2006, 11:10 pm #24

I'm gonna let you in on a little secret Scott. You are doing better than OK, you are doing GREAT! Almost Double Green and in charge of your new life after releasing yourself from the constant 'withdraw-need-feed' madness of nicotine addiction.
I'll agree, travel nicotine free is so naturally easy. I regret having had to lug around my addiction and all it demands and the anxiety / stress it causes along with all the other luggage and work stuff you need to take on the road. Delayed flight & stuck on plane after pull away - no problem. Meeting rus a little long and can't 'sneak in a fix'? No big deal anymore.

Check out this thought - You are not gonna miss anything you don't NEED.

The only way you were going to experience anxiety about no nicotine was because you " ...thought I would have a lot to deal with because of the craves that were bound to happen. Those craves never came...".
Why anticipate trouble? Who said that craves (or more accurately trigger thoughts or urges) were bound to happen?
Why not pre-plan comfort and believe that you are now living with out need for nicotine. Now the next important step is to get past thinking about wanting any & you are home free. Literally.

The rest of what you write about is living life - nicotine addict or not. If you had never taken a dip or pinch you would still have to deal with how your spouse reacts to your travel for business. Nicotine use nor recovery from the same has nothing to do with her reaction to your travel nor your response to her. Don't lay blame for everything going on in your life at the feet of your former addiction. Instead of looking for an excuse look for a cause and a solution.

[*]Life goes on without smoking [*]Negative support - the angry, still smoking spouse [*]New reactions to anger as an ex-smoker [*]How long does withdrawal last? [*]Tearing down the wall [*]Unsupportive friends - dealing with negative support from others [*]Using attitude to reduce anxiety

Joe

Edited to repair links -JRP
Last edited by JoeJFree Gold on January 5th, 2011, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SLees21
SLees21

February 27th, 2006, 1:34 pm #25

Here we go with some thoughts on the last week. I have to say that as time moves away from my quit daye, this gets both easier and harder. I'll talk about easier first because that is easy and I understand why. Time. The more time between myself and nicotine, the less I think about it and the weaker it gets. On my hundreds of day ones over the course of my addiction I can't tell you how many times I circled the stores where nicotine is sold. Eventually I would stop and promise to quit another day. Once I learned on this site, the initial quit was hard but easy at the same time. Now that I have over eight weeks, avoiding nicotine is easy.

Now for the hard. I am trying to figure it out and know what I am thinking. It is not hard to not use tobacco. It is not hard to go through the day without sitting in front of a liquor store trying not to buy any. I think it is hard just to be quit. Maybe it is that I am finally realizing that I won't ever dip again and I am having a hard time accepting that. And these feelings are not intense. It is more of an annoyance that I have not come to terms with it and moved on. I sometimes find myself longing for the old days and rewarding myself with a dip night. I know that would be monumentally stupid and I WILL NOT do that, but I can't keep myself from thinking about it.

I notice more benefits as time goes by. I can go places where I can't dip and feel the same as I enter the door as I do two hours later. In the past I would have been jonesing for a dip and would have left early. I am more sociable.

I was sitting somewhere thinking about embarrasing dip moments I will not have to live through and thought of this one and the shame I felt.

I was flying home from Chicago on business. The plane was fairly empty and I had my usual coach window. For once in my life a beautiful woman sits down in the aisle seat, smailes and says hello. Well, we take off and get to cruising altitude, time to pop in a dip. I thought I was discreet, but she noticed, took all her stuff and moved forward one row. I have to say I am glad I will never have to live through that kind of humiliation again.

Thank God for this site. It helped me to understand and continues to help me stay living free. I have now been nicotine free for .....

57 Days, 21 hours and 33 minutes.

I have saved about $500 dollars!