SLees21
SLees21

July 2nd, 2006, 2:39 pm #76

Wow! What a night! I had my first dipping dream. Strange that is happened so far into the final quit. I kept waiting for one of those dreams in the beginning, but it never came. I just figured that I would not have one.

It was very unsettling. I truly thought I had become a dipper again. And boy did it ****. In the dream I kept trying to quit again but I could not get past the initial crave period. I was so relieved when I woke up in the morning and the quit was well and intact. It did not lead to any craving and I had a great day today.

For any dipper reading this do yourself a favor and quit now. It feels great!

Shinelady Gold3282003
Shinelady Gold3282003

July 2nd, 2006, 3:38 pm #77

Scott is Silver
Congratulations, Scott!!! Reaching 6 months free of nicotine is a real accomplishment. I found it rather interesting that you had your first dipping dream at 6 months and I had my first smoking dream at 6 months. The one thing that everyone has in common after they have such a dream, we all wake up so very relieved that it was "only a dream". Never forget what a wonderful gift you are giving yourself and never take another dip.
Yqs, Sue-GoldX3

Aprilangel1951
Aprilangel1951

July 3rd, 2006, 3:33 am #78

Hey QB welcome to the silver room!!! Can you believe it we have been nicotine free for 6 months!!
I remember my first smoking dream,I woke up shaking and bathed in sweat and was so relieved it wasn't real!! Shows how important our quits have become to us.
Keep keeping on and I will se ya at gold!
Carol
Silver and 1 day!

realmarino
realmarino

July 3rd, 2006, 6:05 am #79

Scott is silver!!! Thats wonderful. I went back and read some of your diary and you really hung in there and embraced all the triggers. I am 31/2 months into my quit and gained 19 lbs the first 2 months, Havent gained anymore and I hope some of this comes off.
Lets go to your party!!!!

I have been quit for 3 Months, 2 Weeks, 19 hours, 5 minutes and 59 seconds (105 days). I have saved $301.50 by not smoking 1,269 cigarettes. I have saved 4 Days, 9 hours and 45 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 3/18/2006 11:00 PM

auntvaleria
auntvaleria

July 3rd, 2006, 12:17 pm #80

Scott, I was so excited to log on here tonight and see your Silver Post! Congratulations to you on this milestone! Wow, time really does fly, doesn't it? I'm so glad you are enjoying your nicotene free life. You truly are an inspiration to others.
One day at a time and NTAP!
aunt valeria
I have been quit for 4 Months, 1 Week, 3 hours, 46 minutes and 7 seconds (129 days). I have saved $355.17 by not smoking 2,583 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Week, 1 Day, 23 hours and 15 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 2/23/2006 7:30 PM

SandraJ0 Gold1
SandraJ0 Gold1

July 3rd, 2006, 7:01 pm #81

Congratulations Scott your SILVER!!!! How fun is this new free from addiction life we have going here. Congratulation again keep going stong onward to gold and beyond.
Sandy - Free and Healing for Five Months, Five Days.

John (Gold)
John (Gold)

July 3rd, 2006, 8:38 pm #82

Congratulations Lee on two seasons of freedom and healing. Regarding your wife, most of us had a dream of someday being able to figure this quitting stuff out on our own, to quit on our own terms, by our own means on a day of our choosing. Sadly, half of us are failing to do so before costing ourselves a big chunk of life - an average of about 13 years here in the U.S.

A highly visible symptom of serious denail, being pressured by a friend or loved one to do exactly what they did can feel like we're being robbed of ending this chemical relationship on our own terms and conditions. Lee, I'd recommend that you print a complete copy of Joel's free book - Never Take Another Puff - and leave it in a place in the house that isn't too obvious but that will probably be noticed by your wife each and every day.

Hopefully she'll get curious and then excited all on her own. Although there are scores of wonderful lessons in the book there's one that's vastly more important that all the others. It's the law of addiction and the power of a puff to destory a quit. Knowing she understands this principle will allow her to eventually apply it to any quitting dream she attempts to live.

In the end all successful quitters must eventually go cold turkey. Still just one rule then determining the outcome for all ... no nicotine just one day at a time, Never Take Another Dip, Chew or Puff! Be proud of you Lee!

John (Gold x7)

Mike851
Mike851

July 3rd, 2006, 11:34 pm #83

Scott,

What more can I say but bravo, well done, fantastic, inspirational!!!

I've not posted here for ages, thought I'd pop in then I see your post and I remember all too well your early days along with my early day struggles, so I can't help but feel empathy with you.

Really, really good on you Buddy!!

I'm not so far behind you...........my silver will be August 13th, so I'm rapidly coming up on five months....

Like you, my turning point came about a month ago and now I very rarely think about tobacco.

My very best wishes

Mike W...No nicotine since 13th Feb 2006 and feeling great....

Purdie2006 Gold1
Purdie2006 Gold1

July 3rd, 2006, 11:38 pm #84

Happy Silver Scott!
yqs Meg
free 6 months

SLees21
SLees21

August 1st, 2006, 3:38 pm #85

I have now been nicotine free for seven months and 34 minutes. I almost never crave anymore. I have thoughts here and there but they last less than a minute and then I keep living.

I did accomplish a goal I made in the beginning of my freedom.

I RAN IN THE SAN FRANCISCO MARATHON ON JULY 30TH AND FINISHED. I never would have even attempted this while still a user. It was an incredible experience.

I would like to thank everyone here for my freedom. I wish I knew it would be like this a long time ago. The knowledge provided here is priceless.

Oh well, onto the next month.

osabrava
osabrava

August 1st, 2006, 5:06 pm #86

I live in the SF Bay Area! Running in and finishing the marathon is a big deal!
Massive congratulations!
Your quit looks just beautiful on you.

Bernadette
22 months

ssp64
ssp64

August 1st, 2006, 7:34 pm #87

Congratulations Scott and thanks.
Thanks for stopping in and sharing that with us. Especially those of us who are still babies in our quit. I, for one, really need to hear about the comfort part of this journey. I have really good days but then I have days that rip the memories of the good days out of my head like they never existed...that part is rough. I am hanging in there and hope to post about my new found comfort very soon, at least by SILVER!
Thank you again you are an inspiration and a motivator. Congrats on that marathon too! That is awesome!
Sharon-day 43...

AM2B3
AM2B3

August 1st, 2006, 8:30 pm #88

Congratulations on you wonderful accomplishments! You have come a long way. You have a very positive attitude, good for you! Thank you for sharing your quit. My husband is on day 22 of his dipping quit. It is hard to find information on the effects and challenges of dipping.

Thank you for sharing.
AM - one month + and counting.

Aprilangel1951
Aprilangel1951

August 2nd, 2006, 8:08 am #89

Way to go Scott on being 7 months free!!! Can ya believe we have made it this far? Also a big congrats. on your marathon,what an awesome achievement!!
Carol
Soaring free for 7 mos. today!!

realmarino
realmarino

August 2nd, 2006, 8:30 am #90

Wow 7 months and running a marathon!! Thats great NTAP and on to 8 months..

I have been quit for 4 Months, 1 Week, 6 Days, 21 hours, 30 minutes and 19 seconds (135 days). I have saved $387.29 by not smoking 1,630 cigarettes. I have saved 5 Days, 15 hours and 50 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 3/18/2006 11:00 PM

KatieDidIt1999
KatieDidIt1999

August 2nd, 2006, 8:46 am #91

Way to go Scott!! 7 months is awesome and so is the marathon!! Hard to believe how far we've come isn't it? See you at gold.
yqs
Kat
210 Free Days

Shinelady Gold3282003
Shinelady Gold3282003

August 2nd, 2006, 9:02 am #92

Way to go Scott!!!
7 months nicotine free is awesome!!!
yqs, Sue-GoldX3

SandraJ0 Gold1
SandraJ0 Gold1

August 2nd, 2006, 11:03 am #93

WTG Scott.... 7 months clean and a marathon you are GREAT!!!!! see you at gold...
Sandy Everyday I choose freedom over addiction, and pause to rejoice that it is indeed MY choice.
Today is day 185 (6 Months, 4 Days, 12 hours, 3 minutes and 15 seconds). Started living MY life again on 1/28/2006 11:00am
you rock...

auntvaleria
auntvaleria

August 3rd, 2006, 11:51 am #94

Congrats Scotts on 7 months of Freedom and Double Congrats on completing the marathon! How awesome is that!!??!! I remember your struggles early on with your quit and I'm so proud of you (and me, and lots of others) that just hang on to that one simple commitment to Never Take Another Puff/Dip. Comfort does eventually come. Like you said, the education here is priceless. So proud of you, QB; I'll be joining you in Silver soon!

aunt valeria
I have been quit for 5 Months, 1 Week, 3 hours, 21 minutes and 33 seconds (160 days). I have saved $440.37 by not smoking 3,202 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Week, 4 Days, 2 hours and 50 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 2/23/2006 7:30 PM

Mitzi499
Mitzi499

August 3rd, 2006, 6:37 pm #95

Just wanted to pass on my congratulations on your 7 months nicotine free, and on your marathon success. It's a wonderful experience to run that 26+ mile distance, isn't it? Well, okay, it's wonderful until about 21 miles .... then a bit uncomfortable but you kinow you're going to make it even if you have to take baby steps. As I remember it from my one experience many years ago, the sight of the finish line is, however, temptation enough to summon up enough reserves for a sprint. Oh boy, what a feeling to finish that distance! Suppose the whole thing is a bit like stopping smoking in a way. You know, the journey has its comfortable bits, the bits where a little pain and doubt creeps in, resolve is strengthened, and finally determination and all that training make sure we get there.

Anyway Scott, I digress. I'm so pleased to know you are doing so well, that you are free, and that cravings are almost a thing of the past. Keep on enjoying the running and your freedom from tobacco.

Maria - 106 days free after 38 years

SLees21
SLees21

September 3rd, 2006, 1:08 pm #96

Just a note for the diary. I am now 8 months and two days free of nicotine. I was looking through a notebook I made last September after another failed quit. And then several mini attempts in the days that followed. I saved it to remind me of how bad it can be.

It is so nice to know I never have to go through that again. I feel great! Spending the extra money on golf and whatever.

Unfortunately, my wife is still puffing away. She threw away a five day quit a couple of weeks ago. I am probably riding her more than I should but I don't want to sit around the house during my retirement in 25 years or so because she can no longer breath. Her dad is at that point and it is sad to see. He is a great guy and can't go to a ballgame because of the walking.

Just a note to anyone in the beginning. It gets better, I promise!

SallyGL
SallyGL

September 3rd, 2006, 5:51 pm #97

CONGRATULATIONS
SCOTT IS GREEN X 8!!

Onward to Gold!

Sally
~ 180 days free after 40+ years not.

auntvaleria
auntvaleria

September 6th, 2006, 1:33 pm #98

Congrats to you Scott on your 8 month milestone! You have done well with your quit and are on your way to Gold! As for your wife, try not to stay on her too much; she must quit for herself, not because you are nagging her. I am sure that she knows she needs to quit, especially if her dad is having problems. Be patient. I know you have that in you. You have done the best thing you could do by setting an example!

aunt valeria
I have been quit for 6 Months, 1 Week, 3 Days, 5 hours, 3 minutes and 35 seconds (194 days). I have saved $534.07 by not smoking 3,884 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Week, 6 Days, 11 hours and 40 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 2/23/2006 7:30 PM

KatieDidIt1999
KatieDidIt1999

September 6th, 2006, 10:20 pm #99

Way to go Scott. Happy 8 months! You sound very strong in your quit. I remember the early days being a bit tough......you certainly can be proud! Way to go!
yqs
Kat
8 months +

realmarino
realmarino

September 6th, 2006, 10:39 pm #100

HERES TO A HOLE IN ONE!!!
8 MONTHS IS AWESOME!!!

NTAP

I have been quit for 5 Months, 2 Weeks, 4 Days, 11 hours, 39 minutes and 26 seconds (171 days). I have saved $488.72 by not smoking 2,057 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Week, 3 hours and 25 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 3/18/2006 11:00 PM