Medication adjustments

Physical healing of the body and mind
cherylmcc

01 Sep 2004, 03:28 #11

For Robs all puffed out.

Hope this helps, it helped me.

Cheryl - Free and Healing for Two Months, Thirty Days, 15 Hours and 57 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 6 Days and 8 Hours, by avoiding the use of 1833 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $414.05.

Kristen Goldx3

10 Jan 2006, 22:09 #12

This thread is important for anyone who is on a maintenance drug for long-term medical conditions. Please see your doctor if you have any issues or questions about your condition and if perhaps you might require a dosage adjustment based upon any symptoms you might have.

Kristen

Mike851

11 Apr 2006, 23:26 #13

Just as a sidenote...............As much improved as I have felt after quitting on 13th Feb, I decided to go to the Doctor's to get checked out..........He took my blood pressure and found it was high so I'm going back for a FULL medical after Easter including lung xray as I told him about my quit.

I'm a bit nervous about this, but I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and heaven knows what my blood pressure was like when I was smoking!!!

Mike W....No nicotine since 13th Feb

Joel

08 Dec 2006, 03:36 #14

Treating many conditions is a partnership between you and your physician. The doctor needs your input to effectiveness of any treatment, whether it be by physical measurements or by verbally communicating how you feel while under treatment. The treatment for one condition though is your primary responsibility. The condition--nicotine addiction. It is by no means a minor medical issue, it is in fact probably the greatest controlable health threat anyone will ever face. Afterall, what other lifestyle issues carry a 50% premature mortality rate? Not to mention all the other crippling side effects that go along with long-term smoking. The treatment for this condition is your primary responsibility. To effectively treat smoking for the rest of your life simply remember to never take another puff!

Joel

Sal GOLD.ffn

13 Apr 2007, 19:40 #15

From above:

The treatment for one condition though is your primary responsibility. The condition--nicotine addiction. It is by no means a minor medical issue, it is in fact probably the greatest controlable health threat anyone will ever face. Afterall, what other lifestyle issues carry a 50% premature mortality rate? Not to mention all the other crippling side effects that go along with long-term smoking. The treatment for this condition is your primary responsibility. To effectively treat smoking for the rest of your life simply remember to never take another puff!
Joel

Sal GOLD.ffn

12 Aug 2008, 05:59 #16

Zero Medical Advice Policy :

Zero Medical Advice Policy This site is not meant to replace the advice of any physician. Do not rely upon any information that you read here at Freedom (or that you obtain through posts, email or links) to replace consultations or advice received by qualified health professionals regarding your own specific situation. The information provided here at Freedom is intended as nicotine cessation educational material only and it should NEVER be construed as medical advice.

If you have any question in your mind regarding any lingering health concern, including depression or mental health, IMMEDIATELY seek medical assistance. If you are not satisfied with the advice being rendered by a physician, you always have the right to obtain another medical opinion. We are not physicians or doctors here at Freedom. We are students and teachers of nicotine cessation.

It is also important for you to understand that as a nicotine cessation forum Freedom is staffed entirely by cessation educators who are not physicians, pharmacists or dietitians. Further, Freedom's Rules prohibit any member from rendering any medical advice to other members, from giving medication or herbal advice or recommendations, or from giving dieting or exercise advice or recommendations, other than the advice to seek the assistance of trained and qualified health care professionals.

There are organizations and individuals whose sites have disclaimers such as this to simply protect themselves legally. We have this policy because we believe it is right for every individual reading here. We do all we can to make sure that any information or concepts acquired here do not pose medical risks to readers.

When it comes to the treatment or management of any medical condition we sincerely believe that it is best for every person to deal with a qualified medical professional in their real world. The materials, concepts and information shared here allow readers to improve their health, and likely extend the productive years of their lives, by simply making and sticking to a personal commitment to Never Take Another Puff, Dip or Chew.

Links Disclaimer
Freedom posts may occasionally provide manager approved links to other Internet sites but Freedom's managers are not responsible for the availability or content of any other site, nor do we warrant or guarantee the accuracy of the information at any other Internet site, including sites maintained by managers or members in other capacities.
Last edited by Sal GOLD.ffn on 12 Mar 2009, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

Joel Spitzer

12 Mar 2009, 21:58 #17

From above:

I saw a post up earlier asking when a person returns to "normal" after quitting. This string addresses the issue of what is "normal." "Normal" levels for certain people of certain neurotransmitters or hormones or other chemicals may not be what is normal or the right amount of these substances. That is why symptoms lasting longer than a few days should never be simply ignored or written off to longer term withdrawal. Prolonged symptoms should be medically evaluated to insure that the individual is indeed normal for various conditions.