Joel
Joel

April 23rd, 2003, 9:07 pm #26

This post was originally written a few days after the September 11 terrorist attacks in 2001. The message is as true today as it was that day. The closing paragraph addresses how a person can stay smoke free even when facing real tragedy... .
"The point is, even under the worst of circumstances, life goes on and smoking cessation is fully possible under any conditions. To survive smoke free and to come through such times stronger than you ever thought possible--stay focused on the fact that you have the strength, desire and resolve to prove that you will never take another puff!"

Joel

Joel
Joel

May 11th, 2003, 8:45 pm #27

The question that a person thinking that this may not be the best time to stay quit needs to as himself or herself is:

"Is this the right time to relapse to a full-fledged nicotine addiction that if I am really lucky will lead to another full-blown withdrawal process one day soon, or, if I am not lucky is going to end up costing me tens of thousands of dollars, cost me my health and one day cost me my life."

If the answer to that questions is no, that today is not a good day to relapse, then remember for today that to stay smoke free is going to require a one hundred percent commitment to never take another puff!

Joel

OBob Gold
OBob Gold

May 22nd, 2003, 7:30 am #28

The question that a person thinking that this may not be the best time to stay quit needs to as himself or herself is:

"Is this the right time to relapse to a full-fledged nicotine addiction that if I am really lucky will lead to another full-blown withdrawal process one day soon, or, if I am not lucky is going to end up costing me tens of thousands of dollars, cost me my health and one day cost me my life."

If the answer to that questions is no, that today is not a good day to relapse, then remember for today that to stay smoke free is going to require a one hundred percent commitment to never take another puff!

Joel

Joel
Joel

January 5th, 2004, 11:46 am #29

This string was first written around the time of the September 2001 terrorism attack in the United States. The message of this string though is applicable for all times. We have a bunch of new quitters who may find themselves thinking that some external circumstance or event will make this particular timing of a quit not seem quite right. No problem a person quitting might encounter warrants or justifies administering nicotine.

If the answer to that questions is no, that today is not a good day to relapse, then remember for today that to stay smoke free is going to require a one hundred percent commitment to

never take another puff! Joel

Joel
Joel

February 25th, 2004, 10:58 pm #30

From above:

This string was first written around the time of the September 2001 terrorism attack in the United States. The message of this string though is applicable for all times. We have a bunch of new quitters who may find themselves thinking that some external circumstance or event will make this particular timing of a quit not seem quite right. No problem a person quitting might encounter warrants or justifies administering nicotine.

If the answer to that questions is no, that today is not a good day to relapse, then remember for today that to stay smoke free is going to require a one hundred percent commitment to

I thought this would be a good one to bring up in lieu of comments being written in today's parade. Other good posts talking about how people must be aware that they can get through all of life's up and downs after quitting are "I will quit when ..." ,Life goes on without smoking and"I have to smoke because of all my stress".

I am glad to see people recognizing how while their lives can still get to be tumultuous at times after quitting that their ability to cope with life is as good as it ever was when they were smoking and likely even better. To be better able to cope with the physical and mental demands that life presents to you just always remember the importance of the commitment that you have made to yourself to never take another puff!

Joel
Last edited by Joel on November 24th, 2014, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joel
Joel

July 3rd, 2004, 11:20 am #31

Joel
Joel

July 24th, 2004, 11:31 am #32

OBob Gold
OBob Gold

January 7th, 2005, 1:41 pm #33

For Mary

Joel
Joel

February 3rd, 2005, 9:23 am #34

This string was first written around the time of the September 2001 terrorism attack in the United States. The message of this string though is applicable for all times. We have a bunch of new quitters who may find themselves thinking that some external circumstance or event will make this particular timing of a quit not seem quite right. No problem a person quitting might encounter warrants or justifies administering nicotine. The question that a person thinking that this may not be the best time to stay quit needs to as himself or herself is: "Is this the right time to relapse to a full-fledged nicotine addiction that if I am really lucky will lead to another full-blown withdrawal process one day soon, or, if I am not lucky is going to end up costing me tens of thousands of dollars, cost me my health and one day cost me my life."

Joel
Joel

March 23rd, 2005, 6:03 am #35

This string was first written around the time of the September 2001 terrorism attack in the United States. The message of this string though is applicable for all times. We have a bunch of new quitters who may find themselves thinking that some external circumstance or event will make this particular timing of a quit not seem quite right. No problem a person quitting might encounter warrants or justifies administering nicotine. The question that a person thinking that this may not be the best time to stay quit needs to as himself or herself is: "Is this the right time to relapse to a full-fledged nicotine addiction that if I am really lucky will lead to another full-blown withdrawal process one day soon, or, if I am not lucky is going to end up costing me tens of thousands of dollars, cost me my health and one day cost me my life."

Joel
Joel

May 23rd, 2005, 7:59 pm #36

Joel
Joel

August 4th, 2005, 8:11 am #37

Joel
Joel

March 25th, 2006, 9:00 pm #38

Joel

Joel
Joel

June 1st, 2006, 8:43 pm #39

We have a bunch of new quitters who may find themselves thinking that some external circumstance or event will make this particular timing of a quit not seem quite right. No problem a person quitting might encounter warrants or justifies administering nicotine.

Joel

Joel
Joel

July 29th, 2006, 2:30 am #40

Joel

Joel
Joel

August 11th, 2006, 12:13 am #41

From above:

Joel

Joel
Joel

September 23rd, 2006, 8:20 pm #42

From above:

Joel

Joel
Joel

February 6th, 2007, 8:59 am #43

From above:

Joel

Joel
Joel

April 26th, 2008, 3:35 am #44

I saw where a newer member was admiring another member who was quitting while dealing with a rather stressful time period. It worries me when I see comments like this because it makes me think that the person possibly feels that he or she may not be able to quit or stay off when encountering such stresses, or that it takes some extraordinary effort for people to quit or stay off under stressful times. That is not a philosophy that is really accepted here at Freedom. We feel that people can quit and stay off of smoking no matter what other situations they may encounter over their lifetime.

I am going to kick up a few other posts with this comment that all apply to this concept. It is crucial for all who read here to accept the fact that they will be able to stay off smoking under all times as long as they make and stick to a personal commitment to never take another puff.

Joel

From above:

From above:

Joel

Joel
Joel

May 21st, 2008, 9:49 am #45

From above:

Joel

Joel
Joel

October 2nd, 2008, 2:30 am #46

I saw where a newer member was admiring another member who was quitting while dealing with a rather stressful time period. It worries me when I see comments like this because it makes me think that the person possibly feels that he or she may not be able to quit or stay off when encountering such stresses, or that it takes some extraordinary effort for people to quit or stay off under stressful times. That is not a philosophy that is really accepted here at Freedom. We feel that people can quit and stay off of smoking no matter what other situations they may encounter over their lifetime.

I am going to kick up a few other posts with this comment that all apply to this concept. It is crucial for all who read here to accept the fact that they will be able to stay off smoking under all times as long as they make and stick to a personal commitment to never take another puff.

Joel

Applicable commentary to this issue from above:

Joel

FreedomNicotine
FreedomNicotine

September 13th, 2010, 9:45 pm #47

Joel

Applicable commentary to this issue from above:

Joel