making a toolbox

Subconscious use cue extinguishment
JoeJFree Gold

27 Nov 2006, 22:52 #21

An absolute Gem of a post.

"....i reminded myself that she wasn't smoking because it was a perfect thing to do in a perfect moment, but because she was reaching the end of a nicotine cycle and her body was demanding more. i watched her and i reminded myself that she wasn't smoking because she wanted to, but because she had to. this wasn't an ideal moment that she was getting to fulfill and i wasn't (just one of the crazies in my brain); this was chemical dependency. i didn't smoke, the crave passed, and i can breathe easy today. =)"

JoeJFree Gold

15 Nov 2007, 22:02 #22

Read, READ and read some more.
Develop your very own 'toolbox' of recovery skills & adjustment tools early and often.
They will become more valuable the longer you own them.Image

This is a good one to do a little exploring - use the ImageFirst button and keep on going back to here.

johnnynonic

23 Aug 2008, 08:33 #23

Imagei watched her and i reminded myself that she wasn't smoking because she wanted to, but because she had to. this wasn't an ideal moment that she was getting to fulfill and i wasn't (just one of the crazies in my brain); this was chemical dependency. i didn't smoke, the crave passed, and i can breathe easy today. =)

nomowrinkles

24 Oct 2008, 05:48 #24

Image So I have to bring this to the top because after almost 3 months nicotene free I am/was having a rough time with this today. I don't know why. My new sweater makes me look fat- That could be it? The weather is getting colder?? It's dark earlier??? Who knows but this reading has helped me and I am off to the treadmill to vent a bit! Thanks for listening .
christine

Joe J free

14 Oct 2010, 17:06 #25

After referring to this post in a newer members string I dropped in to read it again.  Always a favorite gem from the archives.  You can find this one and many more by looking through the Library found here:

Read, READ and read some more.
Develop your very own 'toolbox' of recovery skills & adjustment tools early and often.
They will become more valuable the longer you own them.Image

This is a good one to do a little exploring - use the navigation arrows to begin at the beginning and keep on reading until you get back to here. Image

Joe J free 2103 days and still finding time to 'sharpen the saw'