CONGRATULATIONS ON BRONZE RACHEL
IT'S WONDERFUL TO HEAR FROM YOU
and to know that you're safe and your quit is prospering
STAY SAFE
ImageImage Marty ImageImage

Toast (GOLD )

25 Jun 2002, 06:07 #12

Hey Rachel,
Great to hear from you! I was wondering where you'd got off to - and now I know - you've been doing Important Work. Not only are you still saving your own life day by day, but you've been working to save forests and animals and homes and people too. I'm sure I speak for many, many beings when I say, Thank You!
Congratulations on going BRONZE!!!!
Image Melissa
the Gold Club Image

Roger (Gold)

25 Jun 2002, 11:27 #13

BRONZE ANNIVERSARY
Rachel, Congratulations. It doesn't surprise me you are 3 months down the road. I remember the day you came to Freedom a very confident individual with what seemed like a resolve to remain quit forever. If I also remember right you never told your father until a week or 3 after. How does he feel bout it now?
Well, Just remember to never take another puff Rachel and always remember the very first thing I told you.
What your mind can first concieve, then believe you and achieve.
You Can If You Think You Can
You are doing this Rachel, Be Proud
Roger

NevadaGal Gold

25 Jun 2002, 16:30 #14

Thanks for all your responses... Bronze has been the most coveted milestone for me... just a few short months ago, I thought it was impossible... and now here I am. And it feels great! Image

Coleen, I am sure if had kids, they would have had to stand in line behind my smokes... My whole life was put on the back burner for cigarettes more than onceImage. And boy what do they give in return?

Thanks for the medal Naymore, ImageI will wear it with pride... This thread means more to me than any award I have received through the fire department... because it is 100% me... No crew, truck or aircraft to back me up on this one...

John, there are a few devices sold to protect the firefighter airway, but they have been rated cumbersome for wildland fires... we generally still use simple bandanas tied over our mouths and noses. In our fire district, the paid paramedics get a nice smoke filter system, but us volunteers supply our own bandanas. (I generally do not complain, most people who use the fancy systems say they cannot breathe well in them...) I guess the reality is that no matter what, I can feel the difference in my health even with the smoke and ash I breathe on fires. Image

Thanks Joel for the articles... I had thought I had read them all, Image but I must have skipped the thread on genetic makeup... LOL, guess I never had that complex... I did really enjoy both articles. Even when I feel comfortable on a daily basis it is great knowing I can come here anytime day or night and get a boost in my resolve...

Thank you Cathy, Bill, Marty, Melissa, Dos and Lorraine... I really appreciate your encouragement..

And Richard... yes, most of my family is still speaking to me...Image

And Roger, thanks for the line again... I quote you all the time...
What your mind can first concieve, then believe you can achieve.
You Can If You Think You Can
It is soooo true...
Rachel

murphying (Gold)

25 Jun 2002, 18:12 #15

Image CONGRATULATIONS ON REACHING BRONZE RACHEL - A WONDERFUL ACHIEVEMENT!!
AS MARTY SAID - GOOD TO HEAR YOU'RE STILL WITH US AND SAFE!
yqs Ingrid
5M 3W 3D

janetd (GOLD)

25 Jun 2002, 23:16 #16

Rachel, Congratulations on your Three Month Bronze Quit Anniversary! Good to hear you're still kicking Nicodemon's butt.
That's one nasty fire you're dealing with! Be careful!
yqs, Janet :))

John (Gold)

27 Jul 2003, 11:31 #17

Fighting fires is what this place is all about!

John (Gold)

01 Nov 2003, 08:46 #18

ImageImageImage

johnnynonic

10 Dec 2008, 07:23 #19

ImageFighting fires is what this place is all about!