In Memory of NoNicNeal who Died One Year Ago This Month

In Memory of NoNicNeal who Died One Year Ago This Month

JohnPolito

10 Jul 2012, 17:40 #1

In Memory of NoNicNealImageI was just alerted by Cathy that today marks one year since the death of Freedom's NoNicNeal, Neil T. Curtis.  Although we've closed his journal (4 Decades Of Lies! (First Post Journal), it remains featured at Green & Beyond where it serves as a reminder to all of the seriousness of staying free and healing.

As I've previously shared, some might be tempted to use Neal's journal as justification for that next fix; that he quit and at age 53 died of lung cancer anyway. But prior to ever knowing he had cancer it was Neil's hope that others would learn from his awakening and end their self destruction while still time. 

On February 9, 2011 he shared his dream that you "aspire to inspire before you expire." May Neal's wish come true. May there still be sufficient time for your own recovery to inspire others to follow.

John
Last edited by JohnPolito on 17 Jul 2012, 16:00, edited 3 times in total.

Decaf

10 Jul 2012, 18:13 #2

I would like to express my thanks to Neal's family for taking the time in their own sorrow to finish Neal's story for us here, and although nothing can ever take away their loss, I hope that they are starting to adjust to just having Neal's memory and find some happiness in life although he's no longer present.

I read Neal's diary on about Day 2 of my quit, when I was just about "hanging on in there". It made me cry - and now I'm crying again typing this.

Neal achieved his goal. I found his journal inspiring.

I am a nicotine addict.
I have stopped nicotine for 1 month, 9 days, 19 hours, 10 minutes and 46 seconds (39 days).

As of now, I have not smoked 597 cigarettes at a saving of £201.22 and 2 days, 1 hour and 44 minutes of my life.
Last edited by Decaf on 11 Jul 2012, 06:56, edited 2 times in total.

jsg

11 Jul 2012, 14:21 #3

I didn't personally know you Neal, but peace be with you where ever you are.  My deepest condolances to all that knew and loved Neal.

michelleh

16 Jul 2012, 11:55 #4

I also did not know Neal personally but read his journal at a time when his illness was known to us. A truly sad day it was for me when I heard of Neal's passing. Neal journal was written in such a way that one could not, not read it and it certainly made a very big impression on me, I often think about it. Strength and condolences to his family. Regards, Michelle