If you are new here today or struggling...meet our Beccy : )

If you are new here today or struggling...meet our Beccy : )

Joanne Gold

01 Mar 2001, 04:22 #1

Hi Beccy, I hope I don't embarrass you and I have a feeling I won't.Image

I just read a post you made and it made my heart smile. We have lots of folks who are struggling in their new quits and wondering if it does in fact get any better. Of course it does! But we can't hear it enough. Anyone else who would like to add on to this string..feel free.

So if anyone needs a little inspiration...

Meet Freedom's BeccyImage .....

((((((((((((freedom buddies))))))))))))))) thank you all so much for this wonderful congrats and encouragement!!!! I am such a sucker for these threads and am tickled at the response!!! thank you thank you thank you!!!! you just wait cuz on the day i turn silver you are gonna see one heck of a happy beccy

patticake you asked me to tell you a bit abt what life is like at this point in my quit... here is what i can offer ya:

5 months down the road... I can exercise like you wouldnt believe (havent exercised EVER in my life)! Lost every one of those little 18 "quit smoking" pounds! (amazing what being active can do) I can wake up with no coughing, no gagging, and no wheezing! Everything tastes SOOOO GOOD NOW! My health is slowly but surely getting better! My smoking symptoms are no longer in the way of my doctors diagnosis'! I have more energy than the energizer bunny! I have more hope than I ever knew there was! I have more motivation than I thought a person could muster! The world suddenly has no limits or boundaries. I have what it takes to care about myself and choose healthy choices! I have what it takes to help others that ask for help! I know the truth and dont lie to myself about smoking any longer! I no longer glorify smoking and wish for it again! I wouldnt wish smoking upon my worst enemies! I have NO stomach problems any longer! I have not had an asthma attack in 4 months! My allergies arent even as bad! I have gone the entire winter with NO LUNG INFECTIONS! my skin doesnt smell! my teeth are not turning yellow! I am gorgeous, I smell wonderful and I can run circles around the world! catch me if you can! the absolute favorite part of not smoking to me is that I AM AN EX SMOKER!

mirigirl (silver)

01 Mar 2001, 05:01 #2

Awwhhhhhh........ Wonderful!Image
Thank You
YQS Maz
NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF!!
One month, one week, one day, 8 hours, 5 minutes and 38 seconds of FREEDOM!!

Hal(Gold)

01 Mar 2001, 05:17 #3

Image BECCY WE ARE ALL SO PROUD OF YOU. I TURNED BRONZE TODAY AND I FEEL JUST GREAT. FROM WHAT YOU DESCRIBE I AM GOING TO EVEN FEEL BETTER AT FIVE MONTHS. DON'T KNOW IF THAT IS POSSIBLE, BUT IM LOOKING FORWARD TO BEING AT 5 MONTHS. YOU ARE A TRUE INSPIRATION TO ALL HERE AT FREEDOM, AND WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR WONDERFUL POST.

Kristal

01 Mar 2001, 05:36 #4

absolutely delightful!!! :) a breath of fresh air! :)

Patticake (Gold)

01 Mar 2001, 06:22 #5

Beccy, thanks to you the light at the end of the tunnel just got a little brighter. Our hannes has a thread going today and I asked them to please come read yours as I think this is just what we need today. Thanks Joanne for bringing this to the top. YQS @1M, 2W, 1265NS, $208.72S

inquirer

01 Mar 2001, 10:02 #6

Beccy

Thank you so much for this. Believe me I was really beginning to wonder if it gets any better. I've been told it does and this is just more proof it - really - does get better and you all are not putting me on!!
hehe

Course I've got a few more years on you but I know even I will see results. hehe
Inquirer
Elaine

2 Weeks today for me nicotine free. Who wooda thought.

GOINEAZY

01 Mar 2001, 11:18 #7

ImageImageWOW!! BECCY !! WHAT A WONDERFUL THEAD !! I AM CLOSING IN ON TWO MONTHS AND FEEL PRETTY DARNED GOOD AND IT IS A FANTASTIC THING TO KNOW IT IS GOING TO CONTINUE TO GET BETTER !! THANKS ~~~~~EAZY~~~ One month, three weeks, five days Image

Joanne Gold

16 Mar 2001, 08:33 #8

Hi Beccy...nice to see you today.Image
Love ya, jo

Christiana (Bronze)

16 Mar 2001, 10:32 #9

Hello Beccy,, a great read,, such an ispiration,, i am printing it out. Thanks for the lift.. yqs Christiana

quit4good

16 Mar 2001, 21:52 #10

(((Beccy)))

Thanks a bunch for sharing the joys of not smoking! Ain't this non-smoking life grand!

NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF!

Hugs,
Amy