I will not smoke today!

Joanne Gold

15 Jun 2005, 10:47 #31

" The fact is, restating the simple concept of "not smoking today" is not only important when you first quit. You should restate this upon waking for the rest of your life. Each day you should start with "I'm not going to smoke today." Equally important, each day you should end congratulating yourself and feeling a sense of pride and accomplishment for achieving your worthwhile goal. "

Joel

11 Sep 2005, 03:06 #32

Image Whether you are off for a day, a week, a month, a year, a decade, or, if medical science makes some major leaps and you make it off for a century, remind yourself each day of the favor you have done for yourself by quitting smoking and recommit for today to stick to your plan to never take another puff!
Joel

John (Gold)

14 Jan 2006, 05:43 #33

" The fact is, restating the simple concept of "not smoking today" is not only important when you first quit. You should restate this upon waking for the rest of your life. Each day you should start with "I'm not going to smoke today." Equally important, each day you should end congratulating yourself and feeling a sense of pride and accomplishment for achieving your worthwhile goal. "
I will not use nicotine today!
Last edited by John (Gold) on 06 Nov 2009, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.

Joel

15 Feb 2006, 04:40 #34

Whether you are off for a day, a week, a month, a year, a decade, or, if medical science makes some major leaps and you make it off for a century, remind yourself each day of the favor you have done for yourself by quitting smoking and recommit for today to stick to your plan to never take another puff!

Joel

JoeJFree Gold

04 Feb 2008, 06:33 #35

Baby Steps!
Abandon the concept of measuring success in term quitting forever and see each day as the full and complete victory it truly is. Why take big bites that promise only one celebration (after you're dead) when you can take little bites and celebrate each and every accomplishment! The next few minutes are all that matter and each is entirely doable! John
Last edited by JoeJFree Gold on 06 Nov 2009, 21:59, edited 1 time in total.

Joel

15 May 2008, 22:04 #36

Whether you are off for a day, a week, a month, a year, a decade, or, if medical science makes some major leaps and you make it off for a century, remind yourself each day of the favor you have done for yourself by quitting smoking and recommit for today to stick to your plan to never take another puff!

Joel

FreedomNicotine

06 Nov 2009, 22:01 #37

" The fact is, restating the simple concept of "not smoking today" is not only important when you first quit. You should restate this upon waking for the rest of your life.
Each day you should start with "I'm not going to smoke today."
Equally important, each day you should end congratulating yourself and feeling a sense of pride and accomplishment for achieving your worthwhile goal. "
Excerpt from Joel's original letter.

Simple, quick, effective. Do this, it works!

Johnnie

25 Aug 2010, 16:42 #38

My quit's got legs and I pledge to not ever quit quitting!
Gratefully Gold

I escaped from the prison of smoking on August 14, 2010.  
[font]The best revenge is quitting well![/font] 

grandmajojo

19 Mar 2011, 15:57 #39

For me the motto is not another puff. and when I get up in the morning and when i catch myself unconsciously planning to take a smoke break i tell myself out loud I don't smoke anymore. then i walk away if the anxiousness is strong. if its not too strong i can just focus on something. This past week has opened my eyes to how much I planned my day around having a cigarette. I like walking much better instead now!