"I think I have decided to go back to smoking"

Joel

07 Dec 2006, 23:13 #31

For anyone fixating on "a cigarette." Smoking "a cigarette" or just taking a drag is tantamount to relapsing to an addiction to thousands of cigarettes a year, tens of thousands of cigarettes over a decade and hundreds of thousands of cigarettes over a shortened lifetime. It also translates into ruined health and a quality impaired life. It means smelling like a cigarette, and facing chronic withdrawals. Remember cigarettes for what they were and what they were going to do to you over time and you will never question your desire to never take another puff!
Joel

Paula24066

18 Mar 2007, 00:51 #32

A great way of looking at things

Joel

10 Sep 2007, 00:04 #33

I saw where a member wrote in two posts that she almost lost her quits. I am going to assume that this wording meant that she almost decided to smoke. This string and the post "I made a conscious decision to smoke" seem appropriate to bring up in lieu of this thought. They could have been written as "I almost made a conscious decision to smoke," or "I almost decided to go back to smoking." The same commentary in both strings would still apply.
Last edited by Joel on 30 Jun 2009, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.

Joel

23 Jan 2008, 20:52 #34

Video and audio file that ties into this string:
Video Title
Dial-Up
HS/BB
Audio
MP3*
Length
Added
Who wants to go back to smoking?
3.22mb
07:05
09/28/06

* New format that should work for people who have been unable to access our audio/video files in the past.

SMJ69

08 Feb 2008, 11:59 #35

Joel, 18 days for me!!!!!!!!!and I was just checking out the messages and saw this one stating I think I'm going to go back. I had to read it and then came to this video. I am just living with this one day at a time right now, but I am pretty convinced that with what I have learned and keep learning daily... this guy will never have that urge again. I was one of these sickos that WOULD go through ashtrays and garbage cans! Looking back ........ I can't believe it. Anyways thank you for every one of my 18 days. Its like your right here in my home with me if I need you :<)

Horsehead 11

01 Sep 2008, 09:40 #36

Very timely for me-Having a tough time, really tough day yesterday.
Peace
Jeff

JoeJFree Gold

18 Nov 2008, 13:32 #37

I saw where a member wrote in two posts that she almost lost her quits. I am going to assume that this wording meant that she almost decided to smoke. This string and the post "I made a conscious decision to smoke" seem appropriate to bring up in lieu of this thought. They could have been written as "I almost made a conscious decision to smoke," or "I almost decided to go back to smoking." The same commentary in both strings would still apply.

Joel Spitzer

23 Jan 2009, 16:01 #38

I noticed some of the posts on this recovery board have not been viewed by any member since we moved our site. This post had no views yet. Now it is possible that new members are reading the materials at www.whyquit.com which is great. There are however numerous articles that we had at the old MSN board and now also at this new site that are not at the www.whyquit.com website. I will try to pop a few up a day for new members, but I do encourage people first joining to to through the boards that we have set up here and read through the articles. The more you read and understand, the more prepared you will be to stick to your personal commitment to never take another puff.

Joel

Cyndi

31 Aug 2009, 01:07 #39

WOW!! Exactly what I needed today. Its scary what your junkie mind will try to do to you.
Thanks Freedom!!

FreedomNicotine

23 Feb 2010, 18:40 #40

I noticed some of the posts on this recovery board have not been viewed by any member since we moved our site. This post had no views yet. Now it is possible that new members are reading the materials at www.whyquit.com which is great. There are however numerous articles that we had at the old MSN board and now also at this new site that are not at the www.whyquit.com website. I will try to pop a few up a day for new members, but I do encourage people first joining to to through the boards that we have set up here and read through the articles. The more you read and understand, the more prepared you will be to stick to your personal commitment to never take another puff.

Joel