I'm really in the fight

tex061355
tex061355

March 14th, 2007, 12:34 am #1

This message has been deleted by the manager or assistant manager.

whitey
whitey

March 14th, 2007, 12:43 am #2

Hi Tex.
I seem to remember that you and I have pretty close quit dates and so I can't send you any great pieces of wisdom around how I manuevered through what you're going through right now. What I can tell you is that I've read your posts over the past couple of months and with each post your strength and committment are stronger and stronger, the support you offer newbies absolutely powerful. I know you'll get through this, Tex. Someone will post who has been there and will give you those words that were exactly what you needed. In the meantime, know I'm here 100% to support you. C'mon, quit buddy. I think you and I have a bronze date to keep.

Dianne

I have been quit for 2 Months, 2 Weeks, 1 Day, 42 minutes and 16 seconds (74 days). I have saved $766.19 by not smoking 1,702 cigarettes. I have saved 5 Days, 21 hours and 50 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 12/29/2006 9:00 AM

forza d animo
forza d animo

March 14th, 2007, 12:48 am #3

Tex,
You came here seeking support which is an indication that you would rather seek help then to use nicotine again. This is an example of how your time spent here previous is paying off - You are smarter than your addiction even if you are feeling weaker. Take a step back and recognize that you are not looking to return to smoking full time - What you are looking for is relief from these thoughts, this discomfort you are experiencing. But the relief you seek is not in a cigarette in chewing tobacco or nicotine by any delivery method. The relief you seek comes from learning to deal with what you are feeling without using nicotine. What is it that you really need? It ain't nicotine.

Stronger or Smarter
I want something ...

Joseph
2 years 5 months

JoeJFree Gold
JoeJFree Gold

March 14th, 2007, 1:23 am #4

Tex,

Joseph already listed the article I thought of when I read your post.

I'd like to ask you a couple of questions.
  • How will putting nicotine back in your body make your teeth feel better?

• Why did you quit in the first place?
  • Did you like being a tobacco smoker?
  • Did it make you feel good?
  • Do you think that someting has changed about tobacco smoking that it would something good for you to do - every minute of every day?

You don't want to smoke tobacco Bob - you want the pain in your mouth to go away. Smoking tobacco can't help accomplish that, calling and visiting your Dentist can. Seek help and address the source of your frustration - your broken teeth. Smoking tobacco can't fix your teeth and it cannot provide relief. Don't buy in to the old LIE. There are no answers in those paper tubes of dried tobacco, only problems.

Quitting smoking is not a problem Bob, it is a solution.

NTAP!

JoeJ Free by choosing to use None. Why do I choose none? Causechoosing to smoke them all was without a doubt killing me.

Paddy989
Paddy989

March 14th, 2007, 3:17 am #5

Tex - very little advice to give i'm afraid - you're way ahead of me. Just wanted to let you know that i'm rooting for you - I just know that you can do this... What doesn' kill you my friend makes you stronger. That's the problem with the cigs - they do the oposite!

Get those teeth fixed and hang in there - It will get better - It's not magic it's science.

Paddy

1 Month 2 days

Gump19690
Gump19690

March 14th, 2007, 3:44 am #6

Just Hannes
Just Hannes

March 14th, 2007, 4:47 am #7

katsrule8
katsrule8

March 14th, 2007, 7:36 am #8

Hiya Tex

Mate, I thought Texans were tough, and you have proved me right by not buying those smokes, well done to you.
Everybody has said the same, having a smoke won't make the pain any better - but you already know that - NTAP

I'm sure Herb didn't mean to hurt you, if he could I am sure he would say sorry! ! ! !

Suzie
169 days of staying strong

March 14th, 2007, 9:59 am #9

From: tex061355 (Original Message) Sent: 3/13/2007 11:34 AM
Hey y'all, Tex is really in a fight. Y'all may know that my horse head butted me a couple weekends ago and knocked out and craked several teeth. I got pain relief from my dentist and now I am waiting for oral surgery. Since the accident, I have had tremendous cravings. Sunday after church I ran into town to get a paper and was a blink away from buying a pack. Had the money in my hand. I left feeling realy really bad.

I'm takin' a strong pain killer and I feel it is making me weak. I'm sure someone out there has gone through this. You feel like 20 grit sandpaper and your resistance is as low as a catfish in August. I need help. This leathered old Texan is hurtin' real bad. I know the story about the "ahh" smoke and don't want the 1000 more that comes with it. Bit I feel aunry. Like fightin' a chainsaw.

Edited for brand name

March 14th, 2007, 10:01 am #10

It sounds as though you already defeated this difficult day. You made it out of the drug dealing gas station and you have recognized the problem....Drugs. Recognizing the problem is 99% of the battle. Understanding why you feel the way you do...makes it easier to handle...at least that is what Why quit did for me.

Take a shower....Take a nap....Divert your attention....the point is JUST DO IT....I guarantee you, you will wake up relieved you didnt cave....

Stay with it....

Edited for brand name

March 14th, 2007, 10:03 am #11

Hi Bob,

Great to see you defeat this crave.
Congratulations !

Must be heavy this drug.

Hang in there Bob (which you did), a cigarette doesn't solve anything.

I would give the horse a headbutt back.

Frits (95 days free)

Edited for brand name