I don't know if I have another quit in me.

Vito Silver

28 Sep 2003, 10:40 #31

I sure don't know if I have another quit in me

I just know how to stay off nicotine:

Never take another puff!

Vito
3W 5D 22H 28Mns
Saved to date: $80.20
Cigs not smoked: 668

John (Gold)

08 Jan 2004, 21:03 #32

Why would next time be any different?
Will you be less addicted next time?
Will you be healthier then?
Is there any guarantee that you'll ever come this far again?
The next few minutes are all that matter and each is doable!

wackylaurie

07 Feb 2004, 23:54 #33

I don't know if I have another quit in me. Doesn't matter! I certainly don't want to find out!
I'm not sure how many times I have quit over these 38..39 years. Way too many times to remember them all. Some only lasted an hour or two. Some lasted a day. Some lasted a couple of days. Some lasted a week. Some lasted a couple of weeks.
A few lasted a month or two. The longest quit I ever had was 11 months. That was about 14 or 15 years ago. I remember saying that if I ever put a cigarette in my mouth again it would be INSANITY! That one was a good quit. I didn't gain weight, I became a health food nut and walked a lot! I wish that I could have had access to Joel's Library and Freedoms Board! Things might have been different. I would have known better. I would have really understood that that one little Puff is really thousands and thousands more! If I enjoyed smoking so much why was I always trying to quit!
The quit before this one lasted long enough for me to gain 35 pounds before I threw in the towel.That quit was never a very solid quit. I also remember saying after I relapsed that I was never going to quit again. It was just too hard and I just did not have what it takes to go through that again. Do I have another quit. I don't know!
This is my True Quit! This one is different. This quit was just as hard as the others. I went through all the withdrawal agony. But this time I understood what was happening. This time I had tons of things to read about this addiction and nicotine. This time I had hundreds of post to read from people going through the same pain and frustrations I was going through. This time I was reading posts about tragic things that were happening to people and they did not resort back to their drug to get them through it. This time there were people who had quit smoking that understood what I was going through and said that it had been that way for them too but they stayed quit. I know a lot of people who have quit smoking and most of them are kind of ho hum about it. When asked they just say they just stopped no big deal! I just always thought something was wrong with my willpower! I wonder now if they have just forgotten. I always thought my withdrawal was harder than others until I read the posts here. I am not alone. I always thought I would never be "normal" even in that 11 month quit I would get these craves caused by triggers. I just did not know what was happening ... I thought I would have them for the rest of my life. I thought I was different! I now know that things will get better because all of the golden oldies tell me it will. I choose to believe them. It is already getting much better for me!
This quit is my last quit because all I have to do is Never Take Another Puff! It's that simple.Today I can choose the path toward a healthy life or I can choose the path toward a painful death. My choice is Life!
ImageLaurie
One month, six days, 9 hours, 6 minutes and 53 seconds. 1121 cigarettes not smoked, saving $154.19. Life saved: 3 days, 21 hours, 25 minutes.
Last edited by wackylaurie on 22 Jul 2009, 01:23, edited 1 time in total.

Parker GOLD

27 Feb 2004, 00:36 #34

Nurture your quit. It is a great gift to you! Image Parker
Last edited by Parker GOLD on 22 Jul 2009, 01:24, edited 2 times in total.

Rickgoldx5

27 Feb 2004, 01:23 #35

Do I have another quit in me?
I have no real reason to find out.
Rick
One year, nine months, three weeks, one day, 4 hours, 7 minutes and 56 seconds. 53053 cigarettes not smoked, saving $13,237.74. Life saved: 26 weeks, 2 days, 5 hours, 5 minutes.

Rickrob53 Gold

03 Sep 2004, 01:08 #36

"Its funny, you will hear many people say and feel sentiments like this the first few weeks into a quit. But over time many lose this feeling and start to think that quitting was no big deal. If ever asked how it was to quit they may even say that it was no big deal and begin to think that if they were ever to go back, they would just quit again. This is a form of complacency and complacency has killed many a quits".

Last edited by Rickrob53 Gold on 22 Jul 2009, 01:26, edited 1 time in total.

Roger (Gold)

09 Jan 2005, 09:01 #37

Image "For anyone who ever feels that they are not sure that they have another quit in them, they should be aware that they may be absolutely correct, they don't know that they have another quit in them. But for every member of this group today we know for a fact that you have this one going right now and I suspect you are all pretty sure you can make this one last through the rest of the day. This is the one you want to cultivate now for it is likely the one that has the best chance to work and it is definitely the one that has the best chance of avoiding the potentially lethal consequences of smoking. ~Joel~
Last edited by Roger (Gold) on 22 Jul 2009, 01:29, edited 1 time in total.

Parker GOLD

01 Feb 2005, 04:43 #38

I don't know if I have another quit in me. As long as I never take another puff, I don't have to worry about it. It's not a risk I am willing to take.
No nicotine today. Not one puff. No matter what.
ImageParker - 31 months
Last edited by Parker GOLD on 22 Jul 2009, 01:30, edited 1 time in total.

Joel

10 Jun 2005, 19:37 #39

For anyone who ever feels that they are not sure that they have another quit in them, they should be aware that they may be absolutely correct, they don't know that they have another quit in them. But for every member of this group today we know for a fact that you have this one going right now and I suspect you are all pretty sure you can make this one last through the rest of the day. This is the one you want to cultivate now for it is likely the one that has the best chance to work and it is definitely the one that has the best chance of avoiding the potentially lethal consequences of smoking.

For if this quit didn't take but maybe a few months from now or a few years from now the next one would, you still don't know that one of the cigarettes you smoked in that intervening time period didn't start up some deadly irreversible process. This factor again is another reason that you should do everything in your power to make this quit stick. To make this quit the quit that sticks and saves your health and your life always remember to never take another puff!

Joel

auntvaleria

10 May 2006, 10:41 #40

To make this quit the quit that sticks and saves your health and your life always remember to never take another puff!

Joel

Imageaunt valeria
Last edited by auntvaleria on 22 Jul 2009, 01:34, edited 1 time in total.