" I Don't Want To Die " - The Bottom Line ?

Joanne Gold
Joanne Gold

January 12th, 2004, 2:52 pm #21

We don't have to wait for the right moment, or for great strength.....we just have to take baby steps and begin the journey - The power of knowledge builds on our logical mindset which enables us to outsmart our addiction! The "one day at a time" concept, the understanding of my addiction, along with support, were my keys to breaking free.

wackylaurie
wackylaurie

January 28th, 2004, 4:36 am #22

Thanks Joanne,
This is a great thread! I read here every day and every day I find something new to read. Or one of the managers or oldtimers will send me exactly what I need to read. This is exactly what I was trying to say earlier today. I dont even know where I wrote it. It was to an old thread I think. Yes, I want to really Live! This is a wonderful site. I wish I could have felt like this years ago. Oh well at least I am an ex-smoker today! I feel fabulous! Even when I am having a not so good day, I am having a great day because I dont smoke.
Laurie
I have chosen not to smoke for 3 Weeks 5 Days 9 Hours 37 Minutes 28 Seconds. Cigarettes not smoked: 844. Money saved: $105.60.
Last edited by wackylaurie on August 1st, 2009, 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joanne Gold
Joanne Gold

April 8th, 2004, 11:41 pm #23

The power of knowledge builds on our logical mindset which enables us to outsmart our addiction!
Last edited by Joanne Gold on August 1st, 2009, 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

JerrysFree
JerrysFree

April 9th, 2004, 2:37 am #24

That really hits it on the head for me, thanks.
Last edited by JerrysFree on August 1st, 2009, 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

smurfetteirl
smurfetteirl

July 12th, 2004, 7:05 pm #25

i just love this.....it is the meaning of quitting to me.
lynda.... 5months 23days
Last edited by smurfetteirl on August 1st, 2009, 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joel
Joel

November 17th, 2004, 8:52 pm #26

For the man quoted in the newspaper article in the 4th post of the string A welcome to all Great American SmokeOut visitors.
Last edited by Joel on August 1st, 2009, 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 27th, 2006, 7:34 am #27

From above:

You should be quitting because you want to live.

Not only do you want to live, but you want to be healthy so that you can really live, not just exist as the world really lives around you but you are too weak or impaired to participate in it.

You should realize that you want to live free, not under the control of a product that is hurting you.

July 12th, 2006, 9:04 am #28

Last edited by Sal GOLD.ffn on August 1st, 2009, 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

JoeJFree Gold
JoeJFree Gold

December 8th, 2006, 10:43 pm #29

quoting from Joanne's original post:

"I am grateful for the understanding, and happy to testify, quitting truly is not difficult....our addiction is difficult. We don't have to wait for the right moment, or for great strength.....we just have to take baby steps and begin the journey - The power of knowledge builds on our logical mindset which enables us to outsmart our addiction! The "one day at a time" concept, the understanding of my addiction, along with support, were my keys to breaking free. "

RobinS614
RobinS614

January 3rd, 2008, 6:30 pm #30

Let your core and primary quit motivation be the ongoing, continuous physical and mental improvements in your own life..........this way, your motivation will not waver or get diluted over time.

insaneirishgirl1
insaneirishgirl1

April 6th, 2009, 2:45 am #31

Living and taking those deep breathes are so much easier NOW that I have been free from cancer sticks for 35 days! I have actually been AMAZED at how much better I feel ........ you don't realize how much smoking drags you down , until you quit it ...... I have many obstacles to over come with my quit still such as hanging out with my friends who still smoke ( I have not done that hardly at all yet) .... I do know with the recent Tax increase in my state of Kentucky , I have heard of at least three people who are quitting this up and coming week .... I directed them to this site, and wished them success... i hope they raise the prices so high they force everyone to quit cold turkey !!! ( one can dream i guess)