How long does it really take to quit nicotine?

How long does it really take to quit nicotine?

15 Oct 2010, 19:20 #1

I know that it is out of your blood stream in the first 72 hours for the most part and has a half life of 2 hours... but how long does it really take to quit nicotine?  

I know this answer is different for everyone... but I am looking for the words from the people that have been quit in the 6 months to 20 years crowd.  At what point in your life, if any, did you truly no longer have urges to smoke?

Michael hasn't had a cigarette or any nicotine for Seven Days, 10 Hours and 20 Minutes, and has extended his life expectancy by 12 Hours.  He has now not smoked 149 cigarettes since quitting,  and has saved $41.85.  

15 Oct 2010, 20:48 #2

The nicotine in ones system is mostly out of your bloodstream within 72 hours. I felt like it was out of my bloodstream by the end of the 4th day. { Approx. 96 hours of not smoking } I have been smoke- free for 11 days now. Tonight at 11 p. m., I will be smoke- free for 288 hours exactly, which will then be 12 days. Nicotine is a strange drug and tries to trick you into believing that you are still physically addicted, which you are not. You need to believe these cravings are all in your mind at this time and into the future. Stay tough and do not give in . Just ask yourself, Who is tougher, you or a 5 inch cigarette ? You are !!!! Good luck to you .....Slider OR { Kathryn }

15 Oct 2010, 20:54 #3

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]Tell a newbie how how many seconds a day you still want a cigarette[/font] [font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]Video addressing the question of ""Will I ever stop thinking of cigarettes?"[/font]

15 Oct 2010, 20:58 #4

Other related strings:
[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]Thoughts that seem worse than the first days urges[/font]
[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]"You said it would get better. It's just as bad as the day I quit smoking!"[/font]
[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF][font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]Fixating on a cigarette.[/font]
[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]I want one...[/font]
[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]"Just think about something else."[/font]
[/font]

[font=GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF][font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]The Urge Hits![/font][/font]
[font=GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF][font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]Why am I still having "urges?"[/font][/font]
[font=GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF][font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF][/font][size=100][font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, ... g Triggers[/font][/font][/size]
[font=GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF][font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF][/font][size=100][font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, ... g Triggers[/font][/font][/size]

16 Oct 2010, 16:37 #5

Thanks Joel! :)

Michael hasn't had a cigarette or any nicotine for Eight Days, 7 Hours and 38 Minutes, and has extended his life expectancy by 13 Hours. He has now not smoked 166 cigarettes since quitting, and has saved $46.85.