Hermit quitting vs. Happy quitting

Subconscious use cue extinguishment
Jacqui672 Gold

09 May 2006, 02:59 #11

,Another "Just what I needed thread". As I read here a few minutes every day, it becomes clear that we are all different, and that this place worked for us for different reasons.

For me, this place resonated with me because it insisted you live your life after you quit, not run from it. And I did. I face every trigger and know what it is and how to handle it.

THAT SAIDImage, I have avoided one place until today. The dreaded gas station/convenient store closest to home. When I was a smoker, the sweet lady behind the counter knew my name and brand and had them ready when I walked in. Today, I realized I was on E, and needed gas ASAP. I had to go in and pay. She had my smokes waiting as well as a we miss you where have you been! I explained that I quit smoking. She seemed a bit bummed. There is no point to this story other than I faced another monster and won.

Thanx Freedom.

One month, one week, three days, 4 hours, 59 minutes and 41 seconds. 1648 cigarettes not smoked, saving $452.83. Life saved: 5 days, 17 hours, 20 minutes.

Nancy J

31 Jan 2007, 10:29 #12

Great post and thread - maybe helpful for others.
Thanks!
Nancy (17 days brought to me by NTAP)

Nancy J

31 Jan 2007, 10:31 #13

make that:
"maybe helpful for others as well"

johnnynonic

19 Jan 2008, 12:29 #14

JoeJFree Gold

13 Apr 2008, 08:20 #15

Joel's reply comment I've inserted below is akin to his "[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]Life goes on without smoking[/font]" and [font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]"Do whatever it takes to quit smoking"[/font] articles.

We all learn here that we are able to face the future and live nicotine free because it is the natural state for the human body. We learn that anything we did as a tobacco smoker we can do as an ex-smoker. We eventually develop a comfort and confidence that helps us live better and easier knowing the only thing that can make us smoke tobacco to deliver non-essential nicotine to our now clean blood and brain is any of us deciding to do so. Education gained by reading here about living free of nicotine gives us the ablity to evaluate a situation and know that the presence of nicotine never helped us cope or adjust with a situation. Living life as it was meant to be, nicotine free, is simply the natural choice to be 'Just Me'.
Joe J Free 3 years 3 months a couple of days

as Joel said above in post # 5:
The bottom line is still that everything a person did as a smoker; he or she can do as an ex-smoker. Also, almost everything that a person did with nicotine in his or her system, he or she can still do with nicotine out of his or her system. I had to preface that last comment with the word "almost." There is one thing that a person can't do as an ex-user. An ex-smoker who no longer uses nicotine in any form cannot suffer physiological nicotine withdrawal symptoms once he or she gets over the initial quitting process. An ex-smoker will never be able to experience nicotine withdrawal again as long as he or she sticks to his or her commitment to never administer nicotine again via any NRT route and as long as he or she sticks to his or her commitment to never take another puff!

Joel
Last edited by JoeJFree Gold on 07 Oct 2011, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.

JoeJFree Gold

28 Oct 2008, 08:24 #16

Acknowledging and accepting our addiction dependency relationship with nicotine gives us the freedom to choose to live our lives as they were always meant to be - clean of nicotine and free.Image