HELP!!! I'm on the verge

butterflybeth82
butterflybeth82

February 23rd, 2008, 3:35 am #1

Of a meltdown here! I'm so frustrated with my kids, with my husband, with my apartment, with our money situation, Arggggg! I can't stand this.... for the past week I've been going through these frustrating times in each day where I don't know when to end it... I'm at the end of my rope and a smoke sounds like such a GREAT idea. Then I come across something that makes me not want one, but a couple hours later I'm desperate for a smoke and I'm back in this same situation. I am so frustrated right now........................... I just want a smoke because if my hubby can keep on smoking, then why can't I? and besides that I'm at home with the kids everyday all day - I am at the end of my ropes... I have these fleeting thoughts of well, I can stop again later in my life... my routine is all off track and I'm so mad. I don't want to smell like a cigarette, or have to keep buying them... i just WANT them sooo bad... so badly that I can't even stand it. Like I'm crawling out of my skin.

HELP!!!!!

Beth
8 days

gabsdad8
gabsdad8

February 23rd, 2008, 3:53 am #2

Hi Beth!
I'm fairly new too, but what you're going through sounds like it's pretty NORMAL. Believe it or not. You already know all the reasons why you can't smoke. But I've found that reading, reading, and reading some more helps immensely.
You've got 8 very important days invested in your quit. Keep it up! And keep reading.
Bill

BillW Gold.ffn
BillW Gold.ffn

February 23rd, 2008, 4:02 am #3

Hi Beth:

You are already past physical withdrawal: you won't get that "Ahhhhhhh" feeling. That was the lifting of nicotine withdrawal, and you are not in nicotine withdrawal.

No "Ahhhhh' first cigarette? Maybe it was broken? Have another..... By Saturday you will be right back as a practising addict with no control, and you will feel rotten about it....

I know, I've done it in the past.

See The smoker's vow
  • The one puff files (read all the entries... see if you can't see yourself... I'm in there at least twice.... )
  • Success stories: before and after (again, read the earlier entries. See "oldbies" where you are right now... and then later once this temporary healing phase is over. Imagine yourself succeeding, and feeling good about it..)

Because this is temporary, Beth! Have faith for just a while longer, and realize that kids can make you tear your hair out... even without smoking.

You Are Doing This!

YQB BillW Six years, one week, six days, 6 hours, 2 minutes and 35 seconds. 66127 cigarettes not smoked, saving $12,894.87. Life saved: 32 weeks, 5 days, 14 hours, 35 minutes.

melrose1587456
melrose1587456

February 23rd, 2008, 4:20 am #4

Hi Beth,
I saw your first post not long ago. It hit these pages not long after mine and you stopped at more or less the same time as me. So many aspects of your post seemed to ring true with my current situation that, although I haven't posted anything on your thread before, that we were coming from the same place. I'm not going to tell you what to do, what to think, or the best course of action - that's something that you'll only know if you manage to find some stillness and objectively view th3e situation for what it is.

All I will say is that whenever I see "butterflybeth82" on these boards I think "there's my quit buddy that I've never spoken to". I know that my words are probably pointless and of no use to you at this moment but I just thought that I'd let you know that seeing your call sign on these pages has helped me. I really hope that you can find your way through this difficult time (and at the end of the day only YOU can) as I'd really like to see your name around here for weeks, months and years to come.

Keep smiling,
Melrose

butterflybeth82
butterflybeth82

February 23rd, 2008, 4:20 am #5

Ok, so Here I am a much calmer person now. I've decided that although I didn't want to go down this route, I had to... for my sanity.

I had a bowl of ice cream.

And BOY it was good! Not only that, but it tasted sooo good. I don't think I remembered how good ice cream used to taste when I smoked.

Thank you for all the encouragement and help! Another hour under my belt, another craving tamed.

Beth
still nicotine free- 8 days

hollygoslightly5
hollygoslightly5

February 23rd, 2008, 4:23 am #6

Beth dont do it...Youve done so well to get through those 1st 72 hours i.e. the really tough bit - just think if you succumb now you will only have to go through those 72 hours again at some point in the future when you try again. You know you can do it and you need to be an inspiration to your hubby too!

Going Green today (not with envy though!) and it feels good - you will feel soooh much better about things sooner than you think...I have a signature tune i.e. Aretha Respect in times of temptation - works for me!

melrose1587456
melrose1587456

February 23rd, 2008, 4:47 am #7

This message has been deleted by the manager or assistant manager.

katsrule8
katsrule8

February 23rd, 2008, 4:54 am #8

On message 5 Beth says the crisis is past.................

DO NOT POST TO THIS STRING AGAIN