January 21st, 2008, 11:44 pm #151

Excerpt from above:

The good news is that most habit triggers are reconditioned and discarded by our subconscious mind with just a single encounter.

The good news is that the triggered crave will only last a few minutes.

The good news is that the anxiety power of our crave generator is fizzling fast, and with each encountered crave there is one less trigger to recondition.

The good news is that the reward of total and complete comfort is just down the road.

February 12th, 2008, 11:44 pm #152

February 22nd, 2008, 12:10 am #153

JoeJFree Gold
JoeJFree Gold

February 24th, 2008, 4:15 am #154

Hug 'em, embrace 'em, get to know 'em, wrestle 'em to the ground if you have to.

Understand 'em and you will be well on your way to making your way through the psychological trigger reconditioning phase of this Life Affirming journey back to living naurally, normally as our real true selves.
See each crave episode as
the true healing it reflects
Encountering and working through craves should be seen as a welcome and very necessary part of recovery. They are a sign of true healing. There's no need to fear getting better. Crave anxieties can flow from subconscious expectations conditioning or simple conscious fixation. One you get good at riding and the other you explore.

March 6th, 2008, 9:19 pm #155

zoe
zoe

March 8th, 2008, 12:48 am #156

For CW

JoeJFree Gold
JoeJFree Gold

March 18th, 2008, 5:35 am #157

Tobacco's deadly cargo is clearly a killer but what about our craves? Can a crave that lasts a couple of minutes kill you? Will it cut you, make you bleed, or send you to the emergency room? Can it physically harm you? If not, then why do you fear it so? How much of the anxiety associated with your quit is self induced? Why are you agonizing over the anticipated arrival of your next crave? When it finally arrives will you immediately begin feeding your mind additional anxieties that only fuel the fire?

The anxiety of a crave for nicotine is very real and it's ok to reach out and feel it but most of you have never done so. Not once! Instead, what you feel is a tremendously inflated experience driven by fear, fueled by anticipation, and tense due to a history of prior relapse. Just once, stop running, drop your guard, take slow deep deliberate breaths and then reach out to TOUCH your crave. It won't injure you! It's ok to be afraid but be brave for just one moment! Wrap your arms around your crave. Clear your mind for just one moment so that you can feel the true anxiety of your healing. Make sure that you feel your tummy rising as you take slow deep deliberate breaths into the bottom of both lungs. Clear your mind of all chatter, worries, fears and thoughts so that you can sense and appreciate exactly what this crave is like.

Touch it, hug it, feel it, sense it! You won't make the anxiety one bit more intense than it otherwise would have been. You're witnessing part of the most beautiful healing that your body and life may ever experience. Yes, there is anxiety there but for the very first time it's not being fed and fueled by you. Feel it's strength slowing begin decaying. Take pride in your healing. It can't hurt you, only you can do that! Enjoy your recovery don't fear it! Embrace your craves! Enjoy your journey home! There is a very special person waiting at the other end!

April 4th, 2008, 8:33 pm #158

May 3rd, 2008, 8:50 pm #159

This is sooooo true
Possible Crave Triggers
Waking/Going to Bed
Using the Bathroom
Reading the Paper
Drinking Coffee/Tea
Before or after Eating
Going Outside
Driving a Vehicle
Talking on the Phone
Depression or Sadness
Leaving Stores
Long Movies
Being with Smokers
Working/Play/Sports/Exercise
Anger or Rage
Joy & Celebrations
The End of Glory Week
Sex/Romance/Rejection
Illness or Death
Stress/Worry/Anxiety
Alcohol or Drinking
Weddings/Funerals
or any other time, place or emotion during
which you developed a habit of feeding yourself nicotine.
Be Prepared!
They are each reconditioned so quickly that you may not even notice it happen!
Lifted from message #9 in this thread...excellent list!!!
Diane - Free and Healing for Twenty Seven Days, 12 Hours and 26 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 3 Days and 8 Hours, by avoiding the use of 963 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $308.55.

JoeJFree Gold
JoeJFree Gold

July 8th, 2008, 12:46 am #160

Hug 'em, embrace 'em, get to know 'em, wrestle 'em to the ground if you have to.

Understand 'em and you will be well on your way to making your way through the psychological trigger reconditioning phase of this Life Affirming journey back to living naurally, normally as our real true selves.
See each crave episode as
the true healing it reflects
Encountering and working through craves should be seen as a welcome and very necessary part of recovery. They are a sign of true healing. There's no need to fear getting better. Crave anxieties can flow from subconscious expectations conditioning or simple conscious fixation. One you get good at riding and the other you explore.

July 19th, 2008, 6:26 am #161

Message #25 from John:

That next crave can't hurt you and it won't make you bleed!
It won't last longer than it took to smoke a cigarette!
Relax, embrace it, and say goodbye to your needless fears!
Patience!
This isn't what it feels like to be a comfortable ex-smoker.
This is what it feels like to say goodbye to your former master!
Smile! The calmness ahead is permanent and deep!

July 25th, 2008, 9:11 am #162

Marty Gold
Marty Gold

July 26th, 2008, 7:21 am #163

If I had to choose just one post for every newbie to carry at all times, this would be it !!!!!

If you haven't tried it, you should. It's so simple, it works, and it's a life saver.

August 22nd, 2008, 10:57 pm #164

A crave will go away whether you feed it or not.
Not is a good choice!

zoe
zoe

August 25th, 2008, 9:41 pm #165

for sid

healing my life
healing my life

August 28th, 2008, 12:09 pm #166

Thank you for this post, as a newbie I found this message so true and very inspiring. I am going to print this so I can read it often. I plan on embracing my craves, each and every one!

Tracey - 8 days Free

September 5th, 2008, 1:24 am #167

September 21st, 2008, 11:58 pm #168

October 14th, 2008, 8:47 am #169

October 26th, 2008, 10:29 pm #170

November 7th, 2008, 7:20 am #171

December 20th, 2008, 9:57 am #172

January 3rd, 2009, 7:11 am #173

This is sooooo true
Possible Crave Triggers
Waking/Going to Bed
Using the Bathroom
Reading the Paper
Drinking Coffee/Tea
Before or after Eating
Going Outside
Driving a Vehicle
Talking on the Phone
Depression or Sadness
Leaving Stores
Long Movies
Being with Smokers
Working/Play/Sports/Exercise
Anger or Rage
Joy & Celebrations
The End of Glory Week
Sex/Romance/Rejection
Illness or Death
Stress/Worry/Anxiety
Alcohol or Drinking
Weddings/Funerals
or any other time, place or emotion during
which you developed a habit of feeding yourself nicotine.
Be Prepared!
They are each reconditioned so quickly that you may not even notice it happen!
Lifted from message #9 in this thread...excellent list!!!
Diane - Free and Healing for Twenty Seven Days, 12 Hours and 26 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 3 Days and 8 Hours, by avoiding the use of 963 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $308.55.