Good news, our members don't relapse anymore...

Joel Spitzer

15 Oct 2014, 14:22 #121

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]Sadly, I am bringing this one up today because a member did smoke. I always prefer to knock up this thread when this occurs, to illustrate how infrequently we have to pull posts from members who post a relapse. We never want to leave an impression to readers here that we hide the fact that relapse can happen. We make it clear in our rules that if a person posts a relapse they will instantly lose posting privileges and that the post will be removed. The person involved was nice enough to notify me by email, honoring our relapse policy of not posting on the board.

Members who relapse cannot join up again, but they still have access to all of our resources to help them to try to quit.[/font]

Additional note here:

The member had started a new string early this morning saying that he or she was four days into a quit and needed help. I responded several hours later before realizing that he or she was not a newly joined member, but rather a member who joined back in 2009. As per our relapse policy, I removed the new string.   

Joel Spitzer

07 Dec 2014, 16:35 #122

No one has relapsed that I know of. I just realized that the video The Freedom from Nicotine support board's zero tolerance relapse policy needs to be attached to this string.

The Freedom from Nicotine support board's zero tolerance relapse policy

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]Video discusses the reasons for the Freedom from Nicotine support site's zero tolerance relapse policy. [/font]
[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]
[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]Related videos:[/font]
[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]Are you ready for Freedom[/font]
[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]The Freedom from Nicotine support board[/font]
[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]There is no legitimate reason to relapse[/font]
[/font]

[font=ARIAL, GEORGIA, 'TIMES NEW ROMAN', TIMES, SERIF]It's inevitable, some smokers are going to relapse[/font]
[/font]