Freedom - Your Journey to Comfort

John (Gold)

19 Apr 2002, 20:21 #11

Image Sometimes when things get a bit slow here at Freedom - normally around the weekends, holidays, springtime or world crisis, there arises almost a natural temptation to try and MAKE something happen, whether in the form of celebration, distraction or crisis. In the early days of Freedom's existence I felt it too! But, we thank each of you for avoiding such temptations. It's ok when things slow down a bit. Freedom remains strong and here for all, should the need ever arise!

It's wonderful when our membership takes a collective deep breath or a bit of time to enjoy the depth of their healing or the world around them! It's why we're here. These are special times for all of us, and once beyond the early challenges we each need to take care not to become slaves to a new master - a computer screen!

Things may seem a bit slow at times but we're here if and when you need us! Still just one rule determining which side fo the bars we'll spend the balance of life ... no nicotine just one day at a time!

John - The Gold Club
Last edited by John (Gold) on 18 Sep 2009, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.

John (Gold)

24 Apr 2002, 11:01 #12

I'm constantly amazed at how so many previously nicotine dependent humans can be in one place, at one time, and get along so well together. Understanding the anxieties associated with recovery and withdrawal, you'd think we'd be at each other's throats but it just doesn't happen! It's beautiful! Freedom is what it is because of the collective efforts of hundreds of wonderful STARTERS (quitters with positive attitudes). It's all your fault!

Keep in mind that every now and then communications may seem to break down and a member ends up feeling slighted after reading shallow words on a deep screen that may or may not not reflect the same spirit or tone with which the sender sent them. If you ever feel badly regarding anything that you see or feel here at Freedom, please take the time to either send the person a quick email or email the managers and let them know. Life is too short to spend even one sleepless night on a toss-turning pillow!

Also, we encourage all of you to not rely upon hearsay when told by third parties how the managers think our why they reacted in a given manner. If you ever have ANY questions, we'll each do our best to provide honest and frank answers. Again, all we ask is the courtesy of an email. Thanks again to each of you for making Freedom the powerful tool that it has become! It's all of us as there is no "I" in T.E.A.M. !

misledfairy

25 Apr 2002, 22:30 #13

I came upon this post whilst pottering around, and I just want to say a great big thank you to all the "Givers" I only hope that one day I will be able to help others the way I have been and in fact am still being helped, lots of love to all of you.
Naymor xxxx

John (Gold)

09 May 2002, 00:36 #14

Thanks Freedom!

As Freedom's pool of skilled graduates continues to build, the support workload gets a bit lighter on each of us! It's wonderful seeing so many seasoned graduates drop in now and then to check on the well-being of Freedom's newest generation, while recharging their own batteries! It's also inspiring seeing so many staying on and lending a hand with the daily concerns and needs of those following in their footsteps.

The only way that a forum such as Freedom could possibly stay as serious and focused as it is, is with the cooperation, desire and caring of each and every member! Although you each take tremendous pride in your individual accomplishments, you also have a right to feel an immense pride in the critical education and support roles you've played in the lives of so many others

John - The Gold Club
Last edited by John (Gold) on 18 Sep 2009, 13:01, edited 1 time in total.

John (Gold)

24 May 2002, 10:00 #15

Back in my early days I used to find time to visit other support groups. In fact, before Freedom was born I posted at three different forums almost daily. I loved it! I'm sure Imagethat I wasn't half as good at supporting others as my ego thought it was, but still, it was a wonderful feeling trying my best to help newbies get over those big big bumps. Deep in my mind I kept saying, if I can do it, anyone can!

Anyway, I don't have time to visit other sites anymore - none - but for those who do I strongly encourage you to not attempt to impose our beliefs on those engaged in quitting by other means. The bottom line is that a nicotine patch quitter who makes it, is just as quit, and just as proud, as you or I! They are our brothers and sisters and we root for them like we root for each other!

What I want to say is thanks, thanks, thanks! I don't have to visit other forums to know what's happening out there. Freedom is different - very different - and it is because you've made it different. It would only take a couple of members to disrupt the focus of any forum, including ours!

It's amazing what you've created! It's amazing to watch so MANY wonderful and skilled givers! I know I speak for all the Managers and Joel when I say, thank you Freedom! Thank you!
Last edited by John (Gold) on 18 Sep 2009, 13:07, edited 1 time in total.

John (Gold)

08 Jun 2002, 01:26 #16

Thank you Freedom!

I just read through the replies to a rare happening around here -- Joel starting a daily parade (LOL) -- and I couldn't help but leave with the feeling that our member really do understand and appreciate the tremendous focus and seriousness maintained by the entire group. Thank you, thank you, thanks to each and every one of you!
Last edited by John (Gold) on 18 Sep 2009, 13:11, edited 1 time in total.

John (Gold)

04 Jul 2002, 03:23 #17

A SPECIAL TRIBUTE thread was just started by one of Freedom's newer members and although the tribute is wonderful, Freedom has members from probably 50 or so nations around the globe, and there are literally thousands and thousands of un-smoking related causes for which we could start legitimate and well deserved tribute threads. To start a daily milestone parade with a theme is one thing but to see our membership starting tribute threads is entirely another. It's a slippery slope that gets into all other nation tributes, disaster tributesm, birthday tributes, anniversary tributes, or even pet tributes.

Our mission is critical - to save lives. If a new two pack a day smoker arrives looking for serious help and they're just one month away from that first cancerous cell developing, and the very first thread they click on is a 911 or U.S. tribute, what are the chances they'll stay? What are the chances they'll live. Please think about it. Thanks John

Slycat

04 Jul 2002, 04:14 #18

Hi John:

Didn't mean to offend anybody by my post. I have deleted it.

Also I was just remembering that wonderful post that Joel wrote about Memorial day a while back when I wrote about the 4th of July today....

Thanks...Judy

John (Gold)

04 Jul 2002, 04:33 #19

Judy, it's not a matter of offending anyone, it's a matter of what we're about here at Freedom. If you go back and look at our threads on 9/11, and how we responded here at Freedom, we made it a special point to stay on message. Tobacco will kill four million the year. That's a lot of folks. Thanks.

Slycat

04 Jul 2002, 04:36 #20

Hi John:

No I have never looked at the posts from 9/11. I will read them...

Thanks...Judy

And Yes, Smoking does kill 4 million people a Year and that is what we are here for......