Freedom's Gold Club

December 27th, 2014, 1:25 pm #1

Freedom's Gold Club
Please post your name here in Freedom's Gold Club once you've remained 100 percent nicotine-free for at least one (1) full year. 

Very likely one of the most knowledgeable ex-users in your entire community, we hope you'll share the Law of Addiction others still in bondage when the opportunities arise.  We also hope that you'll return now and then to both share your wisdom with the group's newbies while keeping complacency at bay. 

Millions of words but only one guiding principle to staying free for the balance of life ... no nicotine today, to never take another puff, dip, vape or chew!

Last edited by JohnPolito on January 9th, 2015, 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

muddydog
muddydog

February 21st, 2015, 3:55 pm #2

Freedom, even now i still have to remind myself why i love this.  it doesn't mean there are not those old romantic memories that lurk around in the back corners of my mind.  March 12 will my 4 year anniversary.  and i would never go back, but i still think i strangely miss it sometimes.  i believe i am forever a recovering smokeaholic.

boudoir
boudoir

May 2nd, 2015, 4:56 pm #3

5 years yesterday!

:-)

RobG
RobG

August 9th, 2016, 5:26 pm #4

Awwww yeah! 1 full year of no nicotine and I couldn't be happier. See you all next year!!

lollyloo
lollyloo

November 26th, 2016, 4:13 am #5

Yay, can i pleeease join the Gold Club?
It's been a very worthwhile jouney, five years on.... and I'm so very happy to be here.
Thank you
x

genie
genie

June 6th, 2017, 9:53 pm #6

Thank you.
I have been an x smoker for one year today.
It was only rough the first few days, and a few times
(ridiculously few times) I have had temptations.
Thank you for showing me how to do it.
To accept that not-one-puff made the only sense.
Genie

RobG
RobG

August 15th, 2017, 3:58 pm #7

Gold x 2, another spin around the sun!

Mariah3
Mariah3

October 15th, 2017, 9:01 am #8

JohnPolito wrote:

Freedom's Gold Club
Please post your name here in Freedom's Gold Club once you've remained 100 percent nicotine-free for at least one (1) full year. 

Very likely one of the most knowledgeable ex-users in your entire community, we hope you'll share the Law of Addiction others still in bondage when the opportunities arise.  We also hope that you'll return now and then to both share your wisdom with the group's newbies while keeping complacency at bay. 

Millions of words but only one guiding principle to staying free for the balance of life ... no nicotine today, to never take another puff, dip, vape or chew!

Mariah3
Mariah3

October 15th, 2017, 9:06 am #9

Not sure why my post didn't show up.  

I'm still here.  18 plus years in Gold club. 

Thank you, Freedom! 

October 20th, 2017, 2:29 pm #10

Congratulations for your 18 plus years of Freedom Mariah. 

Not sure what happened to your post. 

Sorry there has not been much of a response but if you check out the string Closing new memberships at Freedom you will see that the board is not being utilized much anymore by past members.

You may want to consider posting at Turkeyville to celebrate your quit milestones.

PinkFlowers
PinkFlowers

March 2nd, 2018, 9:53 am #11

GOLD x 13 today

I would like to thank everyone at Freedom for their support, thank God, thank myself.

PinkFlowers
A happier, healthier person since 2 March 2005

Joe J free
Joe J free

March 9th, 2018, 1:12 am #12

Congratulations Katerina on 13years of Freedom From Nicotine.

JoeJ Free since 1/10/05 and ever grateful for this place and the truth of nicotine addiction recovery shared here.

WhelenS
WhelenS

May 3rd, 2018, 3:41 am #13

9 years for me thanks to WhyQuit.com.  Thank you!

StacyC6
StacyC6

May 17th, 2018, 3:21 pm #14

I doubled down on the gold back in January!  When I found this site a couple days into my quit in 2016....I dreamed of giving myself an online pat on the back when I hit gold.  And then I missed that anniversary....and the next one.  I just had a friend call me up the other day (recently failed NRT quitter) and asked how I did it. How did I make my quit stick.  I told him about this site and how helpful Joel's videos and journaling was. So with a feeling of nostalgia overcoming me....I thought I'd go to the message board and check out the recent goings on.  Imagine my dismay at finding out this message board is closed now!  Turkeyville (IMO) just doesn't have the same affect.  Reading people's journals and having Joel randomly chime in with a related video or 10 was incredibly helpful to me.  Long live the freedom message board!

schmaltz
schmaltz

May 21st, 2018, 7:33 am #15

I too come here to poke around and reminisce, I finally kicked the habit as of Jan.7 2011 at 7:44 PM .............not that I'm counting or anything . I still thank Joel for being there one night many yrs . ago when I was on the verge of losing it . A sane voice in a sea of ....despair. I can't remember the last time I even thought about my smoking . Seems like it was all a bad dream . Thanks to all that helped me out that  7 & 1/2 yrs ago . I am forever in your debt.