JoeJFree Gold
JoeJFree Gold

November 8th, 2006, 3:03 am #176

bdc880
bdc880

November 8th, 2006, 3:38 am #177

I have read in a lot of posts, people asking what to do while driving as this seems to be a place we all liked to light up. In a world where smoking is so unacceptable, this for me was a safe haven for feeding my addiction. Now in my car, I have all my favorite CD's and when I am having a craving, I crank up one of my favorite songs and sing along. It takes my mind off smoking and also makes me feel happy and free.
BDC

35 days quit

Meeshe
Meeshe

November 8th, 2006, 8:39 am #178

I never avoided my craves by thinking about something else or doing something else. I confronted the crave. I would think about the nasty biological addiction I had and I would remind myself that this chemically induced nicotine crave would go away in 3 minutes. It wasn't ME who wanted to smoke, I wanted to quit.

And I could survive 3 minutes! If I could handle talking to my mother for 20 minutes, then I could handle--wait a minute, the craving is gone! The cravings I had only lasted about 30 to 50 seconds (and sometines less) with this strategy and I have not had one in over a year. I think? Sorry, I can't remember.

NTAP

It's so nice to be a non-smoker :) I'm so happy for everyone here!

Meeshe
Free for 1 year and 11+ months

JoeJFree Gold
JoeJFree Gold

November 23rd, 2006, 12:15 am #179

Tips? NTAP, no matter what.

OBob Gold
OBob Gold

January 7th, 2007, 4:18 am #180

Nico Free Me
Nico Free Me

February 6th, 2007, 10:30 pm #181

I have to agree with the shower tip. Another good one for me is a nice HOT relaxing bath.

John

Just Hannes
Just Hannes

February 6th, 2007, 10:44 pm #182

I don't smoke.
That's how I handle a crave.
Go away crave. I don't smoke and I never ever will smoke again. Not even a puff!

I can even get angry at the crave.
Tss Tss now go away. Just like you make a cat go away Tss Tss GO AWAY!!!!!
The crave goes away.(Takes 2/3 minutes normal but my craves are so scared they go away faster)

In the end I know at some point the craves will never come back. That's what I have learned here. NTAP is hammered in my head.

Frits (Free for 60 days)

cxb cxb
cxb cxb

February 6th, 2007, 11:23 pm #183

Showers.
Complimenting other quitters. (don't want to be a hypocrite!)
Reading whyquit stories, sending positive thoughts to those who have passed and those who have lost.
Meditation. Even if I only do it for 5 or 10 minutes, the effects can last the rest of the day.
Yoga balancing poses. Settles your mind and makes you feel strong!
Accepting that my mind is made up. There's no need for a debate. I will not smoke.
And finally, this was fun, went to a language conversation exchange (for people who are trying to learn English as a second language. What a great way to shift gears in your mind!)

cxb.
2w 12:20 smoke-free, 73 cigs not smoked, $29.20 saved, 6:05 life saved

JoeJFree Gold
JoeJFree Gold

February 14th, 2007, 9:55 pm #184

Also, see:
Breaking Links to Our Crave Generator
Why am I still having "urges?"
Smoking Triggers
"Just think about something else."

All from the Craves -Thoughts message board here at FFT.

Steve

JoeJFree Gold
JoeJFree Gold

June 10th, 2007, 11:31 pm #185

starbirder.ffn
starbirder.ffn

March 26th, 2008, 10:37 pm #186

When viewing large threads like this one, which currently has over 198 messages posted to it, it's important to keep in mind that each page of the thread holds just 16 messages.
When the 16th message is posted to any new thread a new page is started.
This thread has 198 Messages of wonderful coping tips.
After reading or scrolling to the bottom of each page you must continue to turn the pages in order to read all of them.
Pages are turned by using the following commands located at both the top and bottom of each thread page.
Next >Last
An informative read....Enjoy

johnnynonic
johnnynonic

November 17th, 2008, 1:03 am #187

johnnynonic
johnnynonic

January 2nd, 2009, 10:11 pm #188

Also, see:
Breaking Links to Our Crave Generator
Why am I still having "urges?"
Smoking Triggers
"Just think about something else."

All from the Craves -Thoughts message board here at FFT.

Steve