Kim
Kim

February 6th, 2009, 1:53 pm #26

Thank you, Thank you!! I am really proud of myself!! I do still however find it difficult sometimes not to still want one. It is not a craving, I do not NEED one, I guess it is a longing for something I am missing, does that sound stupid? I found a half of a ciggarette in my car the other day and I have to say I could have very easily lit it up. I didn't, I was on the phone with my sister and she started hollering "Throw it out the window, Throw it out!!!" I did and we acted as if I had just made a homerun, whooping and hollering, we were quite comical. Every night though I go to bed thanking God and myself that I made it through another day and patting myself on the back. Thank You again!!

Kim - Free and Healing for One Month, Five Days, 8 Hours and 23 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 2 Days and 12 Hours, by avoiding the use of 727 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $36.40.

Joe J free
Joe J free

February 6th, 2009, 3:12 pm #27

Kim
Kim

March 5th, 2009, 1:39 pm #28

Hi there,
It has been just about a month since I last posted but I am happy to say that I am still nicotine free. I think I have finnally hit the point where I am beginning to be very comforatable in my quit, not to say I don't sometimes think about it but even that passes quite quickly. My husband has been having a rough couple of weeks in his quit. He has been quite stressed out lately and keeps talking about how smoking would make him feel better. He has not had one and during these times I try to console him and tell him he would not feel better and it would not change the situation any by smoking, but I have also realized a very important fact. Even if he were to relaspe, I would NOT!! That used to be a big worry for me, that if he didn't make it, I would surely fail also. I now know that I would not!! I notice so many improvements in my health and just feel all around better. I love being able to breathe and have it feel clean, if that makes any sense. I am a non smoker for life and loving every minute of it!!

Kim - Free and Healing for Two Months, Four Days, 8 Hours and 1 Minute, while extending my life expectancy 4 Days and 9 Hours, by avoiding the use of 1267 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $63.50.

CWZ
CWZ

March 5th, 2009, 2:14 pm #29

You made a very fine decision when you decided to Never Take Another Puff! Realizing your quit is Yours and not your husband's is a terrific realization and that you will not relapse because of someone else. It is all on you to not inject Nicotine into your body, but with the fine education here at Freedom to teach us about addiction you know that to stay free all you have to do is keep your commitment to Never Take Another Puff!
CW

Joe J free
Joe J free

March 5th, 2009, 3:07 pm #30

Kim,

Congratulations on making the realization that we each own our own. By that I mean only we possess the smart tools, desires and fortitude to decide to no longer be controlled by nicotine dependency.

Education and understanding has made all the difference for you. Maybe you can share a few things with your mate. One thing that would make a difference for him I hope (it sure did for me) is to understand the chemistry of this addiction we share. No denying chemistry & facts of addiction.
Dependency - lots of good stuff to share and learn in there.

You Smoke Because You're A Smoke-a-holic!

I have to smoke because of all my stress

Stress and the pack a day smoker

Congrats to both of you on Double Green and Two Months free. It only gets better as you continue to adjust, recover and truly enjoy living again nicotine free.

Joe J free 4 years and then some.

Doc24747
Doc24747

March 5th, 2009, 6:26 pm #31

Hi Kim
Well done, you are both doing so well.
Just keep it going and it will get easier!

Doc

4 months 19 days