Fourfold Gold!

Fourfold Gold!

sostark
sostark

June 8th, 2008, 2:51 pm #1

Every year I forget to post but I've remembered this time, hurray!

To be free of an addiction is a big achievement but to be completely free of craving/regret/bitterness is beyond wonderful. I have the best attitude to my quit of anyone I know and this is in thanks to Freedom From Tobacco. I am very proud of my own achievement but without this site I would not have had a positive, joyful quit. Even in the beginnings the joy at being free of nicotine far outweighed any torment of early battles.

I have friends who have quit and still in the pub, even though they've been quit for longer than me profess their cravings often. I point them in the direction of this site but can't make them read unfortunately.

Wishing all quitters a wonderful joyous freedom like mine.

Steph x

4 years quit today

BattlingSprinkle4
BattlingSprinkle4

June 8th, 2008, 3:08 pm #2

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! and a Happy 4 Year Quit Anniversary!! Thank you so much for posting and for being such an inspiration to the people like me who are not too far into their quit lives. It is wonderful to hear from people like you who are well into the comfort zone of ex-smokerdom! It reminds me again and again that IT CAN BE DONE and if you can do it, then why can't I? Thank you and I hope you have many, many more quit anniversaries as joyful as this one! God Bless!

Lila-Free for 72 days and LOVIN' it!

eriley1
eriley1

June 8th, 2008, 8:37 pm #3

What a great accomplishment Steph. Thanks for sharing with us. I'm new to all this & it is comforting to hear that it will get easier down the road. A very Happy Anniversary to you!! jenna 28days free

Lburgguy1
Lburgguy1

June 8th, 2008, 11:55 pm #4

Steph; congrats on FOUR YEARS!!! That is so encouraging to hear....the fact that the light at the end of the tunnel is real.

Stay firm to your commitment to NTAP!

John (bronze yesterday, woo hoo)

winna660
winna660

June 9th, 2008, 2:20 am #5

Four Years is Amazing!!! Congrats!!! A lot of us owe a debt of gratitude to this incredible site. I tell people about it all the time. It's so good to be free.
See you at 5!!!
Winna

smilingthyme0
smilingthyme0

June 9th, 2008, 3:32 am #6

WOW four foldage GOLDAGE!!
Most excellent achievement. So glad you remembered this time!!
Keep up the amazing journey and see you at shining 5!

Julia
FREE for 147 days. (4 Months, 3 Weeks, 5 Days, 23 hours and 16 minutes) By Avoiding the use of 2,959 nicotine delivery sticks. Reclaiming 1 Week, 3 Days, 6 hours and 35 minutes. How beautiful

28sedona2.ffn
28sedona2.ffn

June 9th, 2008, 3:36 am #7

Hi Steph, Congratulations on 4 years of freedom. That is awesome. I was especially interested in the fact that you think your quit has been so positive because of this website. I know it has been a postive influence on me. So together we will continue on our nicotine free journey by Never Taking Another Puff. Peace, Caroline 54 days I think

RichJB1
RichJB1

June 9th, 2008, 10:10 am #8

Way to go Steph..............

Even though I'm nowhere near "fourfold gold", seeing that people like you have made it is inspiring !!!!!!!!

Rich - Free and Healing for Sixteen Days, 22 Hours and 29 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 1 Day and 7 Hours, by avoiding the use of 373 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $107.20.

don t smoke
don t smoke

June 9th, 2008, 10:58 am #9

Hi Steph! I recognize your name. We quit on the same day, four years ago!!! I am so happy you are here and remembered to post today. I think today might have been the first time I remembered on my actual anniversary too!
Congratulations to you Steph!!!!! Four years!
You are so right! The joy of being free from such an evil thing is definitely where the GLEE comes from! I feel like I am a kid swinging on a swing right now, I am so happy. This is what it's about!!!
Hang in there y'all. You can do it too and it is so worth it!!
xo Maryanne

DlunyGOLD
DlunyGOLD

June 9th, 2008, 1:15 pm #10

Hi Steph and congrats on 4 YEARS smoke-free!!! It IS a GREAT accomplishment and you should be proud!

To those who have only recently quit, it DOES get easier. Keep living ONE DAY AT A TIME and NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF and it WILL happen for you as it has for us before you.

yqb, David, 4 years, 7 months, 1 day, 16 hours

John (Gold)
John (Gold)

June 14th, 2008, 1:02 am #11

Congratulations Steph!
Your mention of being proud of your quit for so long, I saw a proposal today that instead of smoking cessation researchers using 6 month or 1 year quitting rates that like following cancer patients they should be required to do 5 year follow-ups to determine which quitting method provides the most staying power. My guess is that our members would favor rather well at 5 years. Still just one rule ... none today! John