For members not celebrating an important milestone today...

Alyson GOLD.ffn

11 Jan 2005, 03:04 #31

Freedom's parades are a great way to celebrate every day lived free of nicotine - no matter where you are in your healing. We're all on the same journey.

Newbies - strut those stats in today's Monday No Maths Parade! Embrace your quit. Evey day is a milestone - especially in your first few weeks!

Pawtoo

28 Mar 2005, 23:47 #32

Hello Joel,
I have always went where they told me not to.
I have always done what they told me not to.
So I read your don't message.
Until now..........................NTAP
Pawtoo

Joel

17 Sep 2005, 23:24 #33

We have lots of people celebrating lots of different milestones, which is really great. As this post talks about though, every one reading here who has not smoked in the last 24 hours is working at and accomplishing a life-saving feat.

I've had a few people write me over the past few months saying that at times there just seem to be a lot of people posting celebrating the fact that they have quit smoking and have significant time periods of varying lengths under their belts. I think sometimes the people pointing this out seem to think that at times there are just too many of these posts on the board. I am not sure if it is really possible to have too many of these posts though.

It is important for people who are just thinking about quitting to see that quitting is possible, and more importantly, that long term success is possible. There are lots of people who say they know that they can quit for a day or two, or maybe even weeks or months, but who somehow feel that they don't believe that they can quit for really long term time periods. Our longer term posters show that long term success is really possible.

Also it is important to note that people who write saying they are off for months, a year, or numerous years, are not people who were locked up prisoners somewhere who faced no smoking temptations, problems or difficult circumstances in the time period that they have been quit. Whenever you see a post from a person who simply says that they have been off for some lengthy time period, it is safe to assume that these people have faced many little trials and tribulations of every day life, and that for people who are off really long time periods, they may have even faced some pretty major problems--like job losses, economic set backs, the illness of loved ones, and maybe even the death of family members, and yet, they still have their quits intact.

So when someone writes that they are celebrating a time period without smoking, try to read into the statement more than it says. These people have not only quit smoking for that time period--but they have proven to themselves and to others that they have continued to live their lives during that time period, probably a more healthy, productive and overall more satisfying life because they made and stuck to a personal commitment to never take another puff.

Joel
Last edited by Joel on 10 Mar 2015, 16:29, edited 2 times in total.

johnnynonic

25 Sep 2005, 05:51 #34

ImageFor Tony
Every day's a milestone when it's nicotine free

John (Gold)

30 Jan 2006, 21:21 #35

Celebrate this Moment of Freedom!
If this is your 9th day, 9th week or 9th month of freedom and healing you were equal to every successful long-term quitter on earth in two important regards:
  1. This past hour your body was as free from nicotine as that of any successful quitter
  2. Your now arrested dependency traveled with you too and we all remain just one powerful puff of nicotine away from relapse back to our old level of nicotine intake, or higher.
It does not hurt knowing exactly what it takes to keep your ongoing victory alive and well today. In a strange way, it's very reassuring knowing exactly what it takes to stay on this side of the bars and keep our dependency under arrest on the other.
Still just one key for all of us, a key that will always remain our common bond, no nicotine today, Never Take Another Puff!
Breathe deep, hug hard, live long!
John (Gold x6)
Last edited by John (Gold) on 07 Mar 2009, 02:43, edited 1 time in total.

Sal GOLD.ffn

03 Mar 2006, 23:03 #36

Image Your healing body recognizes that each day free from nicotine (and 3500+ particles and 500 gases inhaled in every puff) is a milestone!

nancy999

03 Mar 2006, 23:26 #37

Ha ha - got me Joel!

Sal GOLD.ffn

03 May 2006, 06:41 #38

Image Celebrate every day of your freedom!

Lynnzie

20 Sep 2006, 09:21 #39

This really made me smile.....Image

I have been quit for 1 Week, 4 Days, 3 hours, 45 minutes and 46 seconds (11 days). I have saved $78.09 by not smoking 223 cigarettes. I have saved 18 hours and 35 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 9/8/2006 5:35 PM

Kara anne

20 Sep 2006, 09:26 #40

Made me smile too.........Day 27 and still smiling! :)